Antoine "Lebron" Griezmann | "I Stay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
to be fair, if this rumour is true and they've kept this so underwraps that only a redditor and a random ITK on twitter has leaked any real mention of it - that's pretty good. The hand signal thing kills me though, thats some anonymous, illuminati joining of dots

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Nah, if Clubs wanted to get the people buzz about rumors, then they'd brief journalists and not tell a random marketing guy to post an ITK tweet and then delete it.
What if it’s the other way around and the club wants no one to know? Makes sense why no journo’s are aware and why a marketing guy might be one of the only handful of people with info which he genuinely just made public without consent.

gr3yham3

Nah, if Clubs wanted to get the people buzz about rumors, then they'd brief journalists and not tell a random marketing guy to post an ITK tweet and then delete it.
He could have been part of the Kohler discussions when Griezmann was brought up though, so it was not something that they told him straight. Also, given his jobscope and what it entails, there is no reason for it to be a slip of the "thumb" tweet. Seems more calculated. Maybe the club wants to see what kind of ripples will be sent out if it were not journos who are posting the rumours. All the news now is about him going to Barca, with all the Barca players coming out to say that they would love to have him on their team. Even their recent appointment of Abidal was to "help convince Griezmann" to join them. Sounds a bit desperate to me. Would send another confirmation of how well we keep our transfers under wraps, especially the bigger ones. Compare this to what is happening with Liverpool and Fekir now.

But wasn't it a random marketing guy from on here that is claiming the Pogba ITK?
Was it? I remember it was @Acquire Me who had info on the Griezmann deal last summer.

Mcking

Still not pushed on Griezmann as I think we need a genuine wide forward but.. could you imagine a front 3 of Sanchez-Lukaku-Griezmann? Pity Sanchez is shite though :lol:
Sanchez-Lukaku-Bale is much better I'd say.

gr3yham3

Sanchez-Lukaku-Bale is much better I'd say.
A fully fit Bale? Yup I agree, but that is if he is fully fit and if he wants to leave Real, now that Zifane is gone he might want to stay. Won't be surprised to see Ronaldo leave in exchange for Neymar or Mbappe though.

A player like Griezmann offers more longevity on the pitch too I think, since he is less reliant on pace and power like Bale is.

Sterling Archer

AG’s brother...is he talking about the marketing guy leaker?

:wenger:
:lol: even this little guy is getting in on it

Grizi did say he will be officially announcing before the WC, right? This loudening buzz makes too much sense if that's the case as well.

eldoherz

This is all next level muppetry. God I miss actual real football. Cannot wait for the world cup to cause the level of Muppet mode to drop.

Still hoping for it to be true though. Will be interesting to see the meltdown if Kohler gets confirmation soon.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

AG’s brother...is he talking about the marketing guy leaker?

:wenger:
What's that supposed to mean? It's really scraping barrel -- even for a Muppet like myself.

Vanya

Out of all these options, how many of them are really wingers who will hug the touchline and cross with the preferred foot? I think the days of wingers hugging the touchline and whipping a cross in are not that popular nowadays. Most of the top teams have their width provided by fullbacks who have pushed forward, with inverted wingers who like to drift in to overload the middle of the pitch.
Firstly, the point is to have a forward or winger who can beat a man and create chances. We have plenty of left sided inverted forwards. If all the players move in field from the left side and the right, the space they would play in would be mininized. We have already suffered from that last season where the distances between players have looked completely wrong and team has looked disbalanced.

The width maintained by the forward or winger is maintained to provide space for other attacking players through the middle, like Sane or Ribery and even Neymar, when they hug the touchline, provide width and strech defences and create spaces through the middle. An inverted winger doesn't imply that the winger would always move in field to make space for the fullback. That would make everything so predictable. An inverted winger offers a dual threat of going in or out. And the ones that can do that, have genuine pace, can beat defenders consistently and provide end product are all high valued players.

Let's get real, under Jose we are not a team that allows both its fullbacks to join the attack in tandem often enough esp. against top teams. Moreover, we already have an inverted forwards on the left in Sanchez. It would provide balance to the side to have a world class winger on the right who can create chances for goalscorers like Sanchez and Lukaku rather than someone who can only be at the end of those chances.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Firstly, the point is to have a forward or winger who can beat a man and create chances. We have plenty of left sided inverted forwards. If all the players move in field from the left side and the right, the space they would play in would be mininized. We have already suffered from that last season where the distances between players have looked completely wrong and team has looked disbalanced.

The width maintained by the forward or winger is maintained to provide space for other attacking players through the middle, like Sane or Ribery and even Neymar, when they hug the touchline, provide width and strech defences and create spaces through the middle. An inverted winger doesn't imply that the winger would always move in field to make space for the fullback. That would make everything so predictable. An inverted winger offers a dual threat of going in or out. And the ones that can do that, have genuine pace, can beat defenders consistently and provide end product are all high valued players.

Let's get real, under Jose we are not a team that allows both its fullbacks to join the attack in tandem often enough esp. against top teams. Moreover, we already have an inverted forwards on the left in Sanchez. It would provide balance to the side to have a world class winger on the right who can create chances for goalscorers like Sanchez and Lukaku rather than someone who can only be at the end of those chances.
Not a word :nono:

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
What's that supposed to mean? It's really scraping barrel -- even for a Muppet like myself.
I’m just a guy posting some pictures, clues, easter eggs and such.

The rest? It’s whatever you want to make it out to be and where the fun is...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’m just a guy posting some pictures, clues, easter eggs and such.

The rest? It’s whatever you want to make it out to be and where the fun is...
No, I mean, I don't understand what Theo Griezmann is trying to say and why someone would tweet it. It's not aimed at you as such.

gr3yham3

As you said, these are highly valued players, so who can we get to play as such a high level on our right wing?

And saying that Griezmann can only be at the end of those chances is not true. He has 10 assists to go with his 29 goals this season. Not fair to label him as an Inzaghi clone. We do lack left footed attackers - only Mata and Lukaku comes to mind - so having Griezmann means we have a better option on the RW if we choose to play him in a 433. As the season wore on, I saw Lukaku drifting out to the RW pretty often too, but when he did so, there was a lack of options in the box to link up with or pass to. Having Griezmann means this will change and opposing defenders have 1 more issue to deal with rather than just focus on Lukaku and Sanchez.

Anyway it's all just conjecture for now. I prefer to hang on and enjoy this Muppet ride while it lasts! All aboard the Muppet Coaster!

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
No, I mean, I don't understand what Theo Griezmann is trying to say and why someone would tweet it. It's not aimed at you as such.
That’s the million dollar (100m in this case) question isn’t it? People think he’s sending out cryptic messages/meaning regarding AG’s decision

Sanche7

Griezmann To United : 2018/19 Edition
The Story So Far

Griezmann snubs United despite having an agreement with the club, United angry at Griezzman for not keeping his word

Barca sees this as an opportunity and starts the tap up process, taking him and his family to dinner and every single Barca player doing their best to change his mind

Barca succeed in their tap up, Griezmann has a verbal agreement with them.

News reports of the impending move everywhere and this pisses off Atletico fans leading to Griezmann being booed at despite winning them the Europa League.
This hurts Griezmann, who deeply cares about the club and its fans, which was the main reason why he stayed the year before.
Atletico are pissed at Barca for tapping him up and report them.

Atletico and the fans make it clear that they don't want Griezmann to go to one of their rivals and that such a move would tarnish his legacy.

The move falls through with Griezmann deciding not to join Barca

United, who went into the window without any plans to sign an attacker, sees this as an opportunity to acquire a WC player for a relatively cheap price.

Since United had already agreed terms with Griezmann and since there wasn't much negotiations to be done with Atletico, there wasn't much going on behind the scenes for Journalists to know about.

United shift their attention to cheaper targets like Lengelt and Dalot to save money.

Mourinho suddenly thinks a backup striker / #10 is more important than any other signing with links to Talisca, who plays as a #10

Griezmann's brother with cryptic tweets

To be continued...

Last edited:

EyeInTheSky

Saw this guy's tweets: https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesMelville
and he seemed to post the same thing as the redditor - that Griezmann is 90% done and seems pretty sure of it. His original tweet has been deleted but it was something about it being the first time he posted something about football transfers.

Running through his TL, does not seem like he is an "ITK". The company he works for is legit, his bio on their website says he worked with Manchester United for sponsorship dealings before and he has 91k followers, so I don't think its a new or fake account. Sorry for the picture size - not sure how to resize it.
@Acquire Me

is this you mate? :drool:

King_Cantona07

Getting AG does make sense if Mourinho is looking to have a fluid front 3. Assuming after this deal our front 3 will be Sanchez-Lukaku- Greiz, present us with 3 players who can interchange positions across forward line. Lukaku likes to attack from right side of pitch and dribble into center, this perfectly fits into plan as Grez likes to take up striker positions in attacking phases.

Greiz is at best playing off a strong target man sort of striker which Lukaku is. He is slightly faster and better version of Mata with better dribbling ability (mind Greiz is not bad at going past players, he may not use stepovers but his technique is good in skipping/going past players). Muppet mode on again.

King_Cantona07

As you said, these are highly valued players, so who can we get to play as such a high level on our right wing?

And saying that Griezmann can only be at the end of those chances is not true. He has 10 assists to go with his 29 goals this season. Not fair to label him as an Inzaghi clone. We do lack left footed attackers - only Mata and Lukaku comes to mind - so having Griezmann means we have a better option on the RW if we choose to play him in a 433. As the season wore on, I saw Lukaku drifting out to the RW pretty often too, but when he did so, there was a lack of options in the box to link up with or pass to. Having Griezmann means this will change and opposing defenders have 1 more issue to deal with rather than just focus on Lukaku and Sanchez.

Anyway it's all just conjecture for now. I prefer to hang on and enjoy this Muppet ride while it lasts! All aboard the Muppet Coaster!
Basically just posted same observation about tendency of Lukaku to start from right and no person attacking box during such times. We think alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.