Antoine "Lebron" Griezmann | "I Stay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Looking at the types of goals he scores they are incredibly varied, tap ins, headers, 1v1 etc. Also seems that he gets quite a few braces too.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Exactly, we need a winger to provide width/crosses. Someone similar to William, Sane, Costa, Dembele, Mahrez, etc... I woudn't say no to Griezmann, but he needs to play in his best position. That's why it's important to sign top fullbacks.
We play with false right winger for years now. Why change that?

Fer

We play with false right winger for years now. Why change that?
We have problems scoring goals and creating opportunities, maybe playing with a false right winger is one of the reasons.
Also, we need top fullbacks to provide width... I'm not sure Valencia/Dalot are going to do that next season.

TrebleFan99

We have problems scoring goals and creating opportunities, maybe playing with a false right winger is one of the reasons.
Also, we need top fullbacks to provide width... I'm not sure Valencia/Dalot are going to do that next season.
He would clearly be a huge improvement to the first team

Agreed about the fullbacks though - hopefully we sign Sandro and Dalot is an instant fit to rotate with Tony V

Womp

idiot
Has any reliable journalist even confirmed we're interested, let alone signing him as that ITK claimed? All this noise because a nobody ITK was supposedly right about a sponsor we are signing, which isn't even confirmed yet.

He could be involved in sponsorships, doesn't mean he knows feck all about who we are signing. This isn't happening, because as good as he is, we are already extremely stocked in his preferred position and he would cost an arm and a leg when we have more pressing concerns to address.

He had his chance to join us, he rejected us, we aren't interested, move on.

gr3yham3

Exactly, we need a winger to provide width/crosses. Someone similar to William, Sane, Costa, Dembele, Mahrez, etc... I woudn't say no to Griezmann, but he needs to play in his best position. That's why it's important to sign top fullbacks.
Out of all these options, how many of them are really wingers who will hug the touchline and cross with the preferred foot? I think the days of wingers hugging the touchline and whipping a cross in are not that popular nowadays. Most of the top teams have their width provided by fullbacks who have pushed forward, with inverted wingers who like to drift in to overload the middle of the pitch.

sherrinford

Has any reliable journalist even confirmed we're interested, let alone signing him as that ITK claimed? All this noise because a nobody ITK was supposedly right about a sponsor we are signing, which isn't even confirmed yet.

He could be involved in sponsorships, doesn't mean he knows feck all about who we are signing. This isn't happening, because as good as he is, we are already extremely stocked in his preferred position and he would cost an arm and a leg when we have more pressing concerns to address.

Are we really that well stocked in his position? We could probably do with another option at no.10 really, with Lingard and maybe Sanchez being the possible choices for that role in the current squad.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Is there any valid source that we are even interested in griezmann? Even friend of the friend told his friend.....?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Saw this guy's tweets: https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesMelville
and he seemed to post the same thing as the redditor - that Griezmann is 90% done and seems pretty sure of it. His original tweet has been deleted but it was something about it being the first time he posted something about football transfers.

Running through his TL, does not seem like he is an "ITK". The company he works for is legit, his bio on their website says he worked with Manchester United for sponsorship dealings before and he has 91k followers, so I don't think its a new or fake account. Sorry for the picture size - not sure how to resize it.
Did some muppet research on this guy and his company(and by research I mean, go on the company website and see their homepage).

The company website is ninety-five.co.uk and they work on branding and design for marketing needs amongst other things. On their website, they've Manchester United listed as a client and it also says that this James Melville guy has worked with Manchester United on behalf of ninety-five.co.uk.

I mean the guy is legit so he could be just trolling us but it's not a fake account or someone with no connections at United.

Last edited:

gr3yham3

Did some muppet research on this guy and his company(and by research I mean, go on the company website and see their homepage).

The company website is ninety-five.co.uk and they work on branding and design for marketing needs amongst other things. On their website, they've Manchester United listed as a client and it also says that this James Melville guy has worked with Manchester United on behalf of ninety-five.co.uk,
Yup that's what I found out too. It checks out, so it strikes me as strange why he would post about Griezmann like that. One can argue he is out to troll us, but he could have done that before in the past if he wanted to since he is connected to the club in some way, and trolling us serves no purpose in the line that he is in - will only make him less reliable for future potential clients.

Last edited:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

We know you are trying to jinx it.

nainaisson

Yup that's what I found out too. It checks out, so it strikes me as strange why he would post about Griezmann like that.
It makes sense that anyone involved in this hypothetical deal would try to keep it extra-secret since Griezmann has a history of suddenly changing his mind. If Griezmann reneges on this deal, the club won't be humiliated in the press like they were last year.

Maybe this guy was informed about the deal by people involved, but didn't realize he was supposed to keep his mouth shut.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Wait till we see Jose doing the same Hotline bling action in a random photo!
Just like when LvG said - "we don't have wingers like Neymar or Di Maria" and then we went on to sign him!

Trizy

Still not pushed on Griezmann as I think we need a genuine wide forward but.. could you imagine a front 3 of Sanchez-Lukaku-Griezmann? Pity Sanchez is shite though :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

The company website is ninety-five.co.uk and they work on branding and design for marketing needs amongst other things. On their website, they've Manchester United listed as a client and it also says that this James Melville guy has worked with Manchester United on behalf of ninety-five.co.uk.

I mean the guy is legit so he could be just trolling us but it's not a fake account or someone with no connections at United.
One thing we can be pretty confident of is that he won't be doing work on behalf of Manchester United again.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Secret hand signals...

This could end up being a classic muppet saga. :keano:

KM

One thing we can be pretty confident of is that he won't be doing work on behalf of Manchester United again.
Ah yes hundred percent, was just saying that this rumor can have some credence.

KM

Hard to say though. Could be a calculated move on the club's part.
Nah, if Clubs wanted to get the people buzz about rumors, then they'd brief journalists and not tell a random marketing guy to post an ITK tweet and then delete it.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Nah, if Clubs wanted to get the people buzz about rumors, then they'd brief journalists and not tell a random marketing guy to post an ITK tweet and then delete it.
But wasn't it a random marketing guy from on here that is claiming the Pogba ITK?

Status
Not open for further replies.