Antoine "Lebron" Griezmann | "I Stay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Are those red and white dots meant to be something or are they just signifying red and white?

gr3yham3

Are those red and white dots meant to be something or are they just signifying red and white?
United colours perhaps? Though I think this season might be red and black as the primary colours, if the leaks of the jersey are true.

ArjenIsM3

This is one interesting muppet show. Goal.com are reporting the Kohler deal as well. Probably based on the same Reddit guy though. If and when United announce it Twitter and Reddit will explode :lol::lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Saw this guy's tweets: https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesMelville
and he seemed to post the same thing as the redditor - that Griezmann is 90% done and seems pretty sure of it. His original tweet has been deleted but it was something about it being the first time he posted something about football transfers.

Running through his TL, does not seem like he is an "ITK". The company he works for is legit, his bio on their website says he worked with Manchester United for sponsorship dealings before and he has 91k followers, so I don't think its a new or fake account. Sorry for the picture size - not sure how to resize it.
@Maradona10 checked his followers list, Obama, Duncan Castiles,Holt,Dan Roan all follows him.

Hopefully there is some truth in this.

gr3yham3

This is one interesting muppet show. Goal.com are reporting the Kohler deal as well. Probably based on the same Reddit guy though. If and when United announce it Twitter and Reddit will explode :lol::lol:
Yeah the only problem is that it is Goal.com who is reporting it. If it were Simon Stone or the BBC, I would be more excited. If the Griezmann deal is true, and he sticks to his word of deciding his future before the World Cup, then we should see movement on both fronts very soon.

Nick7

doubt obama would have any transfer scoops, the glazers are all on the trump train. fake news.

Snafu17

A random bloke on Reddit, a random bloke on Twitter and an indirect link through Goal.com. Truly a muppet paradise.

Kapardin

Yeah the only problem is that it is Goal.com who is reporting it. If it were Simon Stone or the BBC, I would be more excited. If the Griezmann deal is true, and he sticks to his word of deciding his future before the World Cup, then we should see movement on both fronts very soon.
Simon Stone doesn't report anything until the world and its' grandma know its' all but done. Decent journalist, but no ITK, only reports in a safe manner.

RepardReece

A random bloke on Reddit, a random bloke on Twitter and an indirect link through Goal.com. Truly a muppet paradise.
It's not really looking likely is it, I do think we would be stupid if we haven't at least tried to get him this summer, even if we do have Sanchez. Just imagine a forward trio of Sanchez, Lukaku and Griezmann.

gr3yham3

I dunno but something just feels off about it. The lack of rumours in the press, his close friendship with Pogba, the fact that he was so close to joining us last summer, his non-committal statements to Atletico and Barca - something does not add up. Fit us into the equation and taking on board how we handled the Lukaku deal last season, things start to make sense. Not going to put much faith into it, but it is fun following the news and all.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I dunno but something just feels off about it. The lack of rumours in the press, his close friendship with Pogba, the fact that he was so close to joining us last summer, his non-committal statements to Atletico and Barca - something does not add up. Fit us into the equation and taking on board how we handled the Lukaku deal last season, things start to make sense. Not going to put much faith into it, but it is fun following the news and all.
The problem is that here we are talking about a release clause, the player or the clubs interested can't be open about a potential move until they contact Atletico to signify that the player is going to buy himself out. That's why Barcelona if they are actually interested won't say much and Griezmann can't say much either, this obviously applies to United too.

Affirmation

Well that "James Meville" certainly has a convincing profile with an impressive follow count littered with a few notable names. As for him deleting the original Tweet, perhaps he was either instructed to or realised the traction it was getting. Regardless he rarely speaks on speculative stuff regarding "Football transfers" as stated in his original Tweet plus he seems to be more inclined to comment on general politics anyway.

In my opinion, I agree with what many here are expressing and that it does indeed feel like there is something in these rumours which of course does get me a bit excited and most definitely intrigued. However I also do still remain slightly pessimistic though the optimism is increasing for sure.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

If I was to guess I think we are in for him and quietly confident but are trying to keep it on the down low in case he does a 180 again. Last year his flip-flop embarrassed us since it was an open secret he was ours.

Also, I am of the opinion he was close to Barca but over the year with Atletico he started to realize he would ruin his reputation with their fans if he leaves to Barca.

Reckon it is between us or Atletico again.

El-Manos

If I was to guess I think we are in for him and quietly confident but are trying to keep it on the down low in case he does a 180 again. Last year his flip-flop embarrassed us since it was an open secret he was ours.

Also, I am of the opinion he was close to Barca but over the year with Atletico he started to realize he would ruin his reputation with their fans if he leaves to Barca.

Think he's Barca bound personally, hope to be proven wrong.

gr3yham3

Hopefully that is the case. Agent P might have had a few words with him too - I don't see anyone in the French squad who are as close as those 2.

laughtersassassin

Think he's Barca bound personally, hope to be proven wrong.

Was of the same opinion but last game of the season when his own fans booed him despite him winning them the Europa league. Godin and Torres saying he would stay to the fans.

ArjenIsM3

Still think we have a good chance of signing him. Just not sure we actually need a player like him. He prefers the left wing to the right just like Sanchez, Martial and Rashford do. I think Mahrez, Willian or Bale if he'll accept RW again would be better choices than Griezmann. They're a better fit.

gr3yham3

Was of the same opinion but last game of the season when his own fans booed him despite him winning them the Europa league. Godin and Torres saying he would stay to the fans.
Yeah I remember that incident - was in pretty bad taste by the fans I feel. He already stayed an extra season to help tide over the transfer ban and won them the Europa league and still gets booed by them.

gr3yham3

Still think we have a good chance of signing him. Just not sure we actually need a player like him. He prefers the left wing to the right just like Sanchez, Martial and Rashford do. I think Mahrez, Willian or Bale if he'll accept RW again would be better choices than Griezmann. They're a better fit.
Does he prefer the left wing? From what limited times I have seen of him, he plays mostly centrally and prefers to drift wide to the right?

crossy1686

career ending
Every fecking other year there's a transfer saga that gets me, this is going to be the summer of Griezmann. Let's hope whatever the resolution, it's over with before the World Cup starts.

ArjenIsM3

Does he prefer the left wing? From what limited times I have seen of him, he plays mostly centrally and prefers to drift wide to the right?
I think he does, yeah. He used to play there when he was with Real Sociedad. At Atletico he has a more central role. Not really a 10 but more SS. Don't think he's ever been a RW, which is what we need IMHO.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's not really looking likely is it, I do think we would be stupid if we haven't at least tried to get him this summer, even if we do have Sanchez. Just imagine a forward trio of Sanchez, Lukaku and Griezmann.
I just did and none of them could beat a man with the ball at his feet.

Silas

He can drift there, but it's similar to how Lukaku sometimes drifts to the right. He might do some nice things there every now and then, but you wouldn't want to play him there full time. He isn't a dribbler, so without someone who is on the other side, our attack will be lacking in that aspect.

Last edited:

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Yep, we'd be as toothless as ever.

gr3yham3

I just did and none of them could beat a man with the ball at his feet.
Problem is that I can't find any player who is superb at consistently beating his man that we can purchase this summer though. I don't think Bale will leave, and his game is more of pace and power rather than dribbling. The other options we could get just don't seem consistent enough. Still think better movement off the ball and quick thinking beat trying to beat your man if we want to win a football game.

He can drift there, but it's similar to how Lukaku sometimes drifts to the right. He might do some nice things there every now and then, but you wouldn't want to play him there full time.
Hence I hope we shift to a different formation if Griezmann does sign for us. 4312 with width coming from fullbacks and midfielders pushing up. The forwards can also take turns to drift wide - great players should have the instinct to exploit spaces when needed.

Bratt

I don’t know what he prefers, but he hasn’t played much on the right in his career. His goals pr games games is quite good on the right though.

cyberman

Yeah I remember that incident - was in pretty bad taste by the fans I feel. He already stayed an extra season to help tide over the transfer ban and won them the Europa league and still gets booed by them.
He's been fecking them around for two seasons now.
Its more tiresome than the Ronaldo to Madrid saga at this stage, this is worse because he's been tipped to go to their main title rivals!
Boo him out of the building.

gr3yham3

I don’t know what he prefers, but he hasn’t played much on the right in his career. His goals pr games games is quite good on the right though.

Nice find there. I think LW seems to be more as that's where he played in his Real Sociedad days? The other appearance at CF, SS and RW will be more of his Atletico days I presume.

Status
Not open for further replies.