Antoine "Lebron" Griezmann | "I Stay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahsan_6386

Hmm maybe he was coming here all along . Last season we had all but signed him unfortunately Athletico received the transfer ban and he had to stay because of his loyalty towards the club and team mates . It is possible that we have a gentleman agreement with Athletico and Griezmann to pay the buyout clause and wages agreement this summer . Barca have come to the picture later on and maybe trying to convince him to join them hence all the sutble hints from their players recently .

Still don't want another month of drama and I rather hope he decided his choice early even if it is Barca and we can then safely close up this thread .

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He can feck right off and stay in Spain with his precious weather.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Luxury player according to many on the Caf.

79 goals in 143 La Liga games for A.Madrid. (3 were pens).

JMack1234

It's obviously between Barca and Atletico for Griezmann. We'll probably be added onto the list because it sells articles but we've no chance.

Trizy

Do not want. Last thing we need is another inside forward.

RepardReece

This really is going to be a disappointing transfer window isn't it. We are linked with Griezmann, Bale and Ronaldo.. but then somehow we won't get any of them three and have to settle for Willian. Looking forward to a long summer.

izec

This really is going to be a disappointing transfer window isn't it. We are linked with Griezmann, Bale and Ronaldo.. but then somehow we won't get any of them three and have to settle for Willian. Looking forward to a long summer.
I would be happy with Willian. More like Arnautovic

Ban

Oh just like Pogba and Alexis and.. Oh wait.

eldoherz

Every year I hope we manage to do some nice tidy, quiet and logical transfer business. But every single year without fail it seems like we want to out muppet our previous summers muppetry.

That Reddit thread seems unlikely, honestly who'd risk being the one to leak 100s of millions of unannounced and potentially unsigned contracts? Nevermind the fact that its related to a company that is publicly listed on a stock exchange. Thats not just an NDA you are breaking, wouldn't you also be at risk of falling foul of trading regulations? As surely major sponsorship deals and signing a player of such quality and marketing potential would have an effect on our bottom line and stock price.

Still with the manner in which we've made some previous transfer dealings e.g. Lukaku and Sanchez who knows?

DarkXaero

I think too many people are getting their hopes high based off a reddit post. There's nothing else to link him to us this summer so far.

Suv666

Trying to get hyped for this but not feeling it. Too obvious he's Barca bound its a shame because he's a cracking player (also a fecking diva)

RRCE

Me too. He’s a fantastic player. World class, in my opinion. He would have slotted in perfectly on the right side.

Cheekiey

isit impossible for us to get both Griezmann and bale this summer? or have I gone max level muppet mode.

Those mentioning the no.7, If Griezmann is fussed I'm sure Sanchez won't care too much and let him have it. We would probably milk the balls of it too, like a short video that will go viral in Sanchez handing Griezmann the 7 and and him taking the 10. Bale would take 11 and Martial well... might not be here after a 3rd no. change

worldinmotion66

The information on that Reddit post could easily be about Gareth Bale, we were heavily linked last summer before he put the rumours to bed

goober88

Hopefully we can get all our other business done first and then worry about this. Dalot, Alderweireld, Sandro and Fred could all be here before the World Cup (fingers crossed) and then we have to see what's happening with Fellaini. After the World Cup a lot of our defenders will want to leave (we'll have about 13 for 8 places by my count) and with the money coming in we can see what we have left and think about whether we need to bring in another superstar player such as Griezmann.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Bouhafsi says Griezmann will announce his decision on his future in early July.
Does it link him with us though? If so, I'm not sure I could handle this again. I was so sold on him last summer.

Cliche Guevara

I find the anger towards Griezmann so cute, loyalty is awful when it goes against us, but everyone on here wants our players to be loyal to us?
It’s not about loyalty, however. He should never have mentioned United last season and should never have given consideration to leaving.

As it stood the transfer ban was already in place and it was the outcome of the appeal that was being awaited. In that event he was never leaving so there was no need to be an absolute attention seeking fanny, pissing off United and Atlético fans in the process.

The whole thing was a bit of an unnecessary farce.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well now that Bale to United pretty much dead in the water...

gr3yham3

If this is true, then perhaps the rumoured interest in Talisca had some traction since he and Griezmann are quite similar in how they play - second strikers who like to score goals and have a wicked left foot on them. If we shift to a more narrow 4312 formation next season, I think it will pay off. Our current 433 or 4231 is already narrow enough now anyways. Giving Lukaku a partner upfront seems a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.