Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

slir32

He is fresh the rest of the league has played a full season he will look good on the pitch the remainder of the season.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's been dire for a good while but he's come back well. Much of it is in his head. If he's brave and continues to attack players then he will be better for it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
One bad season also doesn't mean he'll stay shit.
I really hope he can improve, but honestly there is so much things he needs to improve that I simply can't see it happening. He showed that he can be good defensively at times but the consistency was the problem. But his attacking abilities will never be good, he won't become quick, good crosser and improve his technique in general even when he hits some good form.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Sanchez mostly plays lw,no? There aren't many great rws out there though
Alexis has been fantastic at right-wing recently for Arsenal. Obviously Mahrez has overall had a great season there too, and Lamela/Deulofeu/Willian've been decent. Don't really think the others are worth mentioning.

Devil may care

Made an impact in giving us an out ball and got up to the pace of a pretty frantic second half in double time.

dichinero

Made an impact in giving us an out ball and got up to the pace of a pretty frantic second half in double time.
This

But I still have reservations about his future here. He is way too limited. He is fine when the going gets rough but otherwise I think his future should lie elsewhere

Devil may care

This

But I still have reservations about his future here. He is way too limited. He is fine when the going gets rough but otherwise I think his future should lie elsewhere
I think he'll be ok for another season here given we have other areas that need more attention this summer and I don't think another 6 or 7 player overhaul is the way to go, but the summer after we need to finally nail down a long term RB.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Who gets skinned by Cleverley? Really? Cab someone please show him how to cross as well? Put a bit of pace on the bloody thing.

dichinero

I think he'll be ok for another season here given we have other areas that need more attention this summer and I don't think another 6 or 7 player overhaul is the way to go, but the summer after we need to finally nail down a long term RB.
I agree but I fear that another injury would set the club back further. I'd rather we take our chances with Darmian and Varela and build on them. The club is riddled with too many "makeshift" players like Young, Valencia, Rooney, Fellaini and even Blind, albeit harsh in this context; players who have declined or not excelled in their natural positions and are being moved about to compensate for injuries, in the name of experience. Valencia will never be a RB but just a player that can do a job, which is ok for the level we are at but not what we should be aiming for.

marlowe78

Who gets skinned by Cleverley? Really? Cab someone please show him how to cross as well? Put a bit of pace on the bloody thing.
Is leaving 20 acres of space for an opponent and turning away (I guess to look for a manual on playing football) considered getting skinned?

He gave us a fresh pair of legs and helped us in the final third but he is a defensive liability. TFM would've easily seen out the 90 if he didn't get charged with the penalty.

Sylar

Surprised he didnt start as RB.

I think hes a good outlet to have when were struggling to breakdown teams due to the width and pace he brings on the right.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
His crosses aren't crosses, he just chips the ball diagonally/backwards.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I said 4-5 years for a reason. But reading may not be your strength.
Last 3 seasons are more important because they show he has obviously lost it. What happened 4 or 5 years ago doesn't mean he is still the same player, but even if you count just his best seasons his assists stats weren't that impressive either. But I understand people love to live in the past where Valencia is still some excellent winger and attacking outlet.

53 assists in 243 games(17334 minutes) for us, assist every 327 minutes is far from some impressive assist record. Even Ashley Young has better assists stats for us and he hardly played under Fergie when we used to score goals that improve Valencia's stats.

Everyone know that his crossing in last 4 seasons is embarrassing for a Manchester United player but you somehow use it as some positive about him.

acnumber9

Thankfully football isn't a sport based solely on statistics. He should stay and play until we have somebody better than him.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Thankfully football isn't a sport based solely on statistics. He should stay and play until we have somebody better than him.
No one is saying it is, I was just answering to his "we have scored lot of goals from Valencia's crossing in last 4-5 years". I think Valencia should be starter for us anyway since Darmian is nowhere near good enough, at least this season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Last 3 seasons are more important because they show he has obviously lost it. What happened 4 or 5 years ago doesn't mean he is still the same player, but even if you count just his best seasons his assists stats weren't that impressive either. But I understand people love to live in the past where Valencia is still some excellent winger and attacking outlet.

53 assists in 243 games(17334 minutes) for us, assist every 327 minutes is far from some impressive assist record. Even Ashley Young has better assists stats for us and he hardly played under Fergie when we used to score goals that improve Valencia's stats.

Everyone know that his crossing in last 4 seasons is embarrassing for a Manchester United player but you somehow use it as some positive about him.
Dani Alves has an assist every 326.76 according to whoscored.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was pretty horrible :lol: I chalk it down to only just coming on though, always takes a few minutes to get used to the pace of a match like that. Once he got up to speed he was fine.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Dani Alves has an assist every 326.76 according to whoscored.
It's possible since he is a fullback his entire career.

Valencia's record as a fullback(last two seasons) is assist every 743 minutes.

Edit: actually, screw that, his all 3 assists last season came when he was playing as a winger. His assists vs Villa was his only assist as a fullback in last two seasons.

Last edited:

acnumber9

It's possible since he is a fullback his entire career.

Valencia's record as a fullback(last two seasons) is assist every 743 minutes.

Edit: actually, screw that, his all 3 assists last season came when he was playing as a winger. His assists vs Villa was his only assist as a fullback in last two seasons.
It's easier to assist Messi, Suarez and Neymar though.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
It's easier to assist Messi, Suarez and Neymar though.
Of course, but he is nowhere near as good as Alves, nor he would have any more assists than him playing for Barcelona. Do you see him assisting so many Messi's goals the way Alves did?

acnumber9

Of course, but he is nowhere near as good as Alves, nor he would have any more assists than him playing for Barcelona. Do you see him assisting so many Messi's goals the way Alves did?
Probably not but given we're talking about one of the best attacking defenders around playing with the best attackers it's fair to point out assist stats are not a good way to judge a player playing at full back.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Probably not but given we're talking about one of the best attacking defenders around playing with the best attackers it's fair to point out assist stats are not a good way to judge a player playing at full back.
So you think his crossing is good?

acnumber9

So you think his crossing is good?
Not particularly. Even at his best I don't think it was very good. He's a good player though and one who still attracts undue criticism despite the evidence of how much worse you can get in that position.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Not particularly. Even at his best I don't think it was very good. He's a good player though and one who still attracts undue criticism despite the evidence of how much worse you can get in that position.
I agree that he is our best option on the right fullbck by far, I was just criticising his crossing.

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
I will let your own quotes show you how badly you are distorting arguments to make your own point. Nobody denies he had a couple very bad seasons. And the topic of whether his crosses are good is subjective - what player is universally considered a great and consistent crosser?

53 goals is a lot of goals. And your statistics probably don't include CL and Cups which I bet you would get the number closer to 75.

...which have led to a lot of goals over the past 4-5 years.
Yeah, 8 assists in last 3 years! Lot of goals...
...53 assists in 243 games..

Status
Not open for further replies.