Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

The only criticism I have of him is the smashing the ball against defenders ankles.

But happy to have him back. Gives us a good outlet with his pace.

NinjaFletch

I'm a big critic of his and am amazed his still here, but since he's come back from his injury he's been our best player.

PepsiCola

Was great today, has been solid since his return from injury.

His delivery was much improved today also. Very impressed with the lad.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just such a good player to have around there is no way we should be getting rid of this guy.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
The only criticism I have of him is the smashing the ball against defenders ankles.

But happy to have him back. Gives us a good outlet with his pace.
He's actually cut back on that a bit this season. He doesn't always smash it when closed down, like last season, but passes the ball back to the center more often. Every now and again he'd actually pretend to burst forward but then stop and cross it softly behind the defender. The entire last season has been just an act to seemingly make him predictable. Genius.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was one of our best performers today, been really impressed with him since he's come back from injury. I hope whoever the manager is next season they'll keep him.

The United

Thought he was in 'beast' mode today.

But watch people spout shit like he has been shit in 2 days though. People tend to forget good performances of players they dislike.

AR87

He's been solid at RB for awhile now. Occasionally he lacks some positional sense, but his work rate, athleticism, strength, willingness to get forward and acceptable level of comfort on the ball for a defender is all at a solid level.

itso 7

He was one of our best performers today, been really impressed with him since he's come back from injury. I hope whoever the manager is next season they'll keep him.
We have too many positions in need of upgrading to waste money on a RB when he is capable of performing to an acceptable standard. Him, Darmian and TFM give us solid options for that position.

JoaquinJoaquin

Not the long term answer at RB (sure I said the same thing at this time 12 months ago to), but he was excellent today I thought. Now if only he could cross...

The_Midfielder

He doesn't try to take risks.. drive forward when you have space.. not wait for support and pass backwards...

Sigma

He had a sloppy but so did everyone first 10 minutes but he after that he was fine.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'll give him something - He's always in space for those Rooney Hollywood balls.

Devil may care

I thought he was going to get sent off, he wasn't in the lower ranks of the worst tonight but wasn't very good either.

Sylar

Going forward against teams who sit back hes a nice RB to have. But unfortunately he was naive today. The way he gave away the free kick at 2-2 (having seen us concede a goal from a free kick at 2-1) was madness.

3KDré

His positioning as a fullback has always been poor, still is and it almost cost us several times tonight.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's not good enough to be a RB and not good enough to be a RW. However I still think he's a great option at times.

Since he came back from injury I actually think he's been pretty good, but that says more about the level the rest of the team has been at really. He's so strong and quick though and he doesn't often give the ball away. He's risk free in attack but can be risky in defense.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think he's been unreal since his injury comeback, his pace is just such an outlet on that right wing. The biggest issue is that his positioning is lacking to be a top fullback but he could still do a brilliant job in that role most of the time.

lysglimt

Scout
There are people who think we should let him go - insane. Not many better RB in the league

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You have to say, he has been brilliant since coming back from injury. Beastly in just about every game (didn't see the west ham game tbf but he had that pic next to Antonio which makes up for a poor game if he had one). Seem to remember him also playing really well in the bit of time he had before his injury, but he's been a huge loss for us. People are insane if they really want him gone. He's a huge asset on the right because of how good he gets forward, and he has improved a lot defensively speaking. The perfect Mourinho player too out on the right I think.

m1y2

cant believe people praise him that much, he was decent and solid but apart that he is very average and from time to time prone to a basic mistake... he either has absolutely no vision or is scared to death to make a 5m pass forward, its completely annoying along with his one-footness. I'm not saying we should sell him as he's still valuable to us but should never be a first option, will b a big disappointment personally if we start season iwth Valencia and Darmian on the right next season..

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
cant believe people praise him that much, he was decent and solid but apart that he is very average and from time to time prone to a basic mistake... he either has absolutely no vision or is scared to death to make a 5m pass forward, its completely annoying along with his one-footness. I'm not saying we should sell him as he's still valuable to us but should never be a first option, will b a big disappointment personally if we start season iwth Valencia and Darmian on the right next season..
Prepare yourself to be disappointed then, that's more than enough quality and cover for RB and I don't see any indication Utd don't feel the same way.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I disliked him a lot till last season, but he has changed my opinion of him. Has been very good since his comeback

Rossa

His passing is really good though. He was promising tonight. His shot was a screamer, and not that many goalies would have saved it. His rubbish vision awarded Rashford with a golden chance, which he took - not every player would have the vision to see that pass, nor to make the run in the first place. But yeah...
His one-footedness is a little annoying, but you must really hate Messi, Robben, Giggs etc too then? It's a label printed on him, but a lot of players are quite one footed.

Dobbs

Watched a documentary on him the other day. Seems harsh now to criticise when you see what he's achieved. What he's come from.

The problem I think is that there's no joy in his game. That doesn't mean he's useless. He's effective, great attitude, dependable but also incredibly flat. If a robot could play football.

He's lost some pace, power trudges through the ground when once he zipped along. If he'd have worked on his crossing, developed a delivery that wasn't smashed he'd be a much better fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.