Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Bellerin for me is the only better RB in the league at the moment. He's a hell of a player and has it all in my view. Tony does a good job, he's not a world beater and it may be that we arent spoiled for choice in that position in England but there's no one better, least of all Clyne!

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
It's rare for a RB to have a highlights reel but Tony's performance yesterday won't be beat by another RB this season. I'm not saying it's always his level but he was outstanding.

I'd swap him for Bellerin, the kids great. But Valencia is without doubt the most underrated right back in the league. Would like to see his level when he has a nailed on starter on the right to dovetail with.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What amazes me more than the underrating of Valencia is the huge overrating of Kyle walker. One of the most mistake prone and average defenders I've seen in my time that just so happens to have an excellent defensive unit and shape around him to compensate for his every move. He's a pace merchant and that's is all.

NoLogo

When will all our fans start appreciating Valencia at RB?
When he consistently puts in performances like he did against Pool, isn't caught out of position too often anymore and actually starts delivering good crosses on a regular basis again. At least that's what I would expect from our first choice right FB.

That being said I really like the way he has developed this season, he finally looks like a proper right fullback and is way better than Darmian ever was for us already.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That was sheer class. I hated Valencia as a RW for us, but really like him as a right back. Only issue is still his shit end product but he is Evra like in the way he helps carry us up the pitch with his running with the ball.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Valencia is your typical "effort doesn't mean achievement" type of player. He seems to be doing a lot when, in fact, he does very little.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Really? How many good crosses does he put in? Does he not make A TON of rash challenges and mistakes defending the box? Yet he runs around and plays really hard... that's to his credit. His work rate and strength are good. But he's just not very good footballer or defender imo. He's more like a headless chicken most times.

Rossa

Really? How many good crosses does he put in? Does he not make A TON of rash challenges and mistakes defending the box? Yet he runs around and plays really hard... that's to his credit. His work rate and strength are good. But he's just not very good footballer or defender imo. He's more like a headless chicken most times.
Who are what are you? He is great at getting the ball up the pitch for one and is probably our only player who keeps wide thus creating a lot of space for others.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
He gets the ball up the pitch... and then does nothing with it. Other than a few exceptions, that's been Valencia his whole career.... to go along with red cards. At 31, I never expected him to change and he hasn't.

What he will do is put in a lot of work rate and bring physical impact. Results? Not so much. Darmian has a lot more talent than Valencia ever will. Just injuries derailed him... and he needed to adapt to Man Utd. The fact that he's being benched for Valencia is ridiculous to me. That's like benching Luke Shaw to play Blind out of position... oh wait lol.

Chelsea 4:0 Man Utd

Sigma

Easily our best player in the first half with about 4-5 quality crosses and been solid defensivly with no errors (most of whom coming from Blind and Smalling)

Herrera's been 2nd.

Sigma

I actually thought he had a good game. Easily our best player. Lots of good crosses and was solid defensively (also not at fault for any of the goals)

Last edited:

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He has been one of our best players for a while now. Tellingn.

Devil may care

Didn't shit his pants, worked hard and provided our two best chances, easiest MOTM pick of the season so far.

Ludens the Red

Did well even put in a few decent balls, I'd like too see him and Mkhi work together could be potential there .

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Hazard's goal he was awful for. Standing off him was always asking for trouble. Inevitably trouble then came. That aside, he was our MOTM in a shit storm undoubtedly.

MoneyMay

Our inability to defend the space between CB and full back has been very average this season, and that was evident again today, though this time it cost us. Awful positioning for Hazard's goal - don't know what he was thinking - but he was easily our best player.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Only player that plays his game, no matter who the opponent is and doesn't turn into a little bitch when it gets tough. His attitude is absolutely impecable and I will always appreciate that.

Sigma

Hazard's goal he was awful for. Standing off him was always asking for trouble. Inevitably trouble then came. That aside, he was our MOTM in a shit storm undoubtedly.
Our inability to defend the space between CB and full back has been very average this season, and that was evident again today, though this time it cost us. Awful positioning for Hazard's goal - don't know what he was thinking - but he was easily our best player.
What are you talking about? He was covering Alonso.

I guess if Alonso got the ball and delivered a cross that led to a goal you would be blaming him as well.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
What are you talking about? He was covering Alonso.

I guess if Alonso got the ball and delivered a cross that led to a goal you would be blaming him as well.
Yeah, I think Mata was tracking Hazard when he had the ball and then he stopped and let him run in behind.

Could be wrong though.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Without him, we would have zero thrust going forwards.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, I think Mata was tracking Hazard when he had the ball and then he stopped and let him run in behind.

Could be wrong though.
Think that was a mistake, mata told him to follow Alonso but really Valencia should have marked hazard. He just doesn't have the acceleration to deal with him, and unfortunately that showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.