Antonio Valencia... | Will wear #25 shirt from this point onwards by request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He slows down the play so much, then does the whole turn back and pass to whoever is behind him act, and by this point the opposition are all back behind the ball.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
He will probably be given a 8 year contract....on a serious note it seems he doesn't have the technique to cross a ball!!!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Don't know how much worse he needs to get before being substituted. Some dreadful crosses and spent a lot of the game standing still when he should've made runs off the ball.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
He slows down the play so much, then does the whole turn back and pass to whoever is behind him act, and by this point the opposition are all back behind the ball.
I swear at times the defender ahead of him didn't even attempt to close him down, they simply stood still, guarding the space directly ahead of Valencia, which meant he would just turn around and pass back.

Sam

He's an embarrasment. Fergie's love for him is just wrong, simple as that. Wouldnt get into the likes of Wigan's first XI.

Yet still gets 90 minutes, while the likes on Nani and Kagawa continue to be subbed, or not even played. Unbelievable.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I wonder why Fergie is leaving him on when is clearly having a shocker? Is it to try and let him play out of this bad patch he is in? Because if it is, then it is not working.

acnumber9

He's an embarrasment. Fergie's love for him is just wrong, simple as that. Wouldnt get into the likes of Wigan's first XI.

Yet still gets 90 minutes, while the likes on Nani and Kagawa continue to be subbed, or not even played. Unbelievable.
What a crock of shit.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Needs to keep this good run of form going, he's going to be massive for us next season.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I think he'll be sold in the summer. This is not a bad run, he's just been worked out by every defender in the land.

Cevno

Take on your man ffs. He seemed to be getting better against Villa and now he is back to shit again.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I wonder why Fergie is leaving him on when is clearly having a shocker? Is it to try and let him play out of this bad patch he is in? Because if it is, then it is not working.
Don't think we can call this a 'patch' any more. Just gotta hope the break does him good and he comes back at his best. Not going to happen this season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is excellent defensively and that is the most important for a winger. Except it isn't.

Ash_G

He had a good game against Villa and there were some flashes here but his crossing was awful today. That's my problem with Valencia, if he's not putting in a decent ball he's not offering much in attack. He rarely looks to run in behind or drift and he can't come inside. I don't think he'll go and don't think he should but I really think he gets more time when having a poor game than a lot of other players do.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Take on your man ffs. He seemed to be getting better against Villa and now he is back to shit again.
He did, successfully, several times. It all went to shit after that of course.

I think some of you have repressed the memory of just how bad he has been at times this season if you think that was back to his worst.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's unbelievable how terrible he is and yet plays 90 mins week in week out. Nani was our best winger yet again today and got taken off while this guy just stays on to put in one woeful cross after another.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
Don't think we can call this a 'patch' any more. Just gotta hope the break does him good and he comes back at his best. Not going to happen this season.

It's definitely more than a patch, it's a whole season where he's been off form.

But people have had poor seasons before and bounced back. Hope he does because Valencia at his best is a beast.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Given his attitude to the club, contracts etc and what we've seen only just last season, it really makes zero sense to sell him. We should definitely keep him on and hopefully he will find his form again after the pre-season, I just don't think we should be playing him now at all.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think he'll be sold in the summer. This is not a bad run, he's just been worked out by every defender in the land.
Don't you think it's strange that it took them half a decade to figure out how to defend against him when he's been playing the same, simple game since he came to England?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's incredible how he's immune to the subs bench every week. I mean how do Rooney, Nani and Rafael come off before him when he's put in one of the worst attacking displays many of us will ever see?

Crossing was embarrassing. He refuses to run with the ball unless there is an acre of space in front of him and he only uses the left side of his body to handle the ball. I'm all for giving people time, patience, second chances etc but sometimes you've got to suck it up and just take the useless bugger off.

The league might be won, but right now there are plenty of players desperate for game time.

Annahnomoss

Valencia will never hit the heights of a world class winger i.e. a Robben or Ribery. In fact, none of our wingers will.. which for a club of our stature is below standard. The problem I have is Nani clearly has the ability to do this but he is so inconsistent that it practically makes no sense to keep him and sell our other wingers, based on this fact alone. It's a shame really, I guess it goes back to the saying that you know what you get when you play Valencia, although even this has not been the case this season. I'd be content with having the old Valencia back although I really don't think his playing style is suited for the more free flowing style we seem to be aiming for.
There is no problem with Nani being inconsistent, every team has several inconsistent players. The problem is that people look at Nani as someone who has to perform at Ronaldo's level to be "useful" but it isn't true.

If we have a consistent winger on the other side who performs at a very high level then Nani will be the perfect winger for us. When he shines he can destroy any defense in the world on his own, when he doesn't we still have a consistent outlet on the opposite wing.

As Nani even at his worst gets an assist/goal almost every game he plays as long as we show confidence in him and sign his wanted contract.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Bad run of form since his injury. Let's see what next season brings after a preseason. Some of you have short-term memories like goldfish.

acnumber9

Do explain...
Does it need to be explained? You're suggesting he wouldn't get in the Wigan team. You should stick to pissing your pants about Utd only holding a 13 point lead going into the last 5 games of the season. You're still talking shit but it's easier to laugh at you.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Bad run of form since his injury. Let's see what next season brings after a preseason. Some of you have short-term memories like goldfish.
Everyone acknowledges the situation, most don't understand why he's playing 90 minutes every single week whilst being in horrible form. Regardless of the injury, it's extremely difficult to understand how he's getting 90 minutes of football every single week when players like Nani Kagawa Cleverley and Welbeck are in and out even if they put in a top class performance.

Sam

That has to be one of the most stupid things I've read in this forum. Have a word with yourself
Right now, as a winger, he is awful. Absolutely woeful.

Why is it beyond the realms of possibility that he wouldnt get into the Wigan team on this form? Just because he is a Manchester United player, that does not give him a divine right thats means he's automatically better then players playing for 'lesser' clubs.

Ash_G

Everyone acknowledges the situation, most don't understand why he's playing 90 minutes every single week whilst being in horrible form. Regardless of the injury, it's extremely difficult to understand how he's getting 90 minutes of football every single week when players like Nani Kagawa Cleverley and Welbeck are in and out even if they put in a top class performance.
Yeah that's what gets me, honestly think he's had more poor/ineffective games this season then the likes of Nani have over a couple of seasons and he still gets 90 mins consistently.

Sam

Does it need to be explained? You're suggesting he wouldn't get in the Wigan team. .
On this form, I dont think thats a ridiculous suggestion. Is he playing better then Malony or Mcmanaman at Wigan right now?...Just because he's a Manchester United player, doesnt automatically make him better.

Ekeke

He really seems to be the kind of player who picks an area to try and cross the ball rather than a player. He's always seemed that way. But now he's picking out the wrong area by a mile. Maybe he should try to aim before the penalty spot so that his cross actually goes into the box and not over it.

I can understand the back problem he mentioned causing him discomfort and affecting his game a bit, but definitely not when crossing the ball. He has no excuse for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.