2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

TrailMonkey

Can't see him starting tonight. He'll probably come on after 60 mins... try a left footed curler to the far post but miss... beat his man on the outside then nip back in and play the ball backwards... run to the corner flag and trip over the ball... get in a scrap by the touchline... scuff another left footed effort that ends up being a peashooter straight at the keeper...

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Hopefully he’s been doing some leg work whilst in Brazil. Time for him to stop shooting like a child.

lsd

The Oracle
Very bad, don't know why he was brought in.

Ten Hag only knows one way to do things and that's what he did at Ajax.

Antony was no condition to be on that pitch tonight but that was on Erik.

Sylar

He's been here a year and apart from cutting in and shooting is he good at anything else with the ball?

Hopefully not tactical position cos I reckon we could have got the same for 10m if that's the case.

Even his cut to the left and shoot far post has been sussed or degraded over Time with us.

Reckon if he was a youth player we would have loaned him with view to sell (probably for 1m).

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He's been here a year and apart from cutting in and shooting is he good at anything else with the ball?

Hopefully not tactical position cos I reckon we could have got the same for 10m if that's the case.

Even his cut to the left and shoot far post has been sussed or degraded over Time with us.

Reckon if he was a youth player we would have loaned him with view to sell (probably for 1m).
Spinning?

Matt851

According to a lot of people on here his ability to hold the width is invaluable

Sylar

Spinning?
According to a lot of people on here his ability to hold the width is invaluable
I think I can see the merit in him playing above others we have, but we really could have spent the money better (guess that can be said about a few players)

Really think we need to see 20 g/a at least from him but I can't for now, see him making that jump due to his limitations.
I especially cant see him being the wide man that will benefit hoijlund

Matt851

I think I can see the merit in him playing above others we have, but we really could have spent the money better (guess that can be said about a few players)

Really think we need to see 20 g/a at least from him but I can't for now, see him making that jump due to his limitations.
I especially cant see him being the wide man that will benefit hoijlund
Yes that's I good point on servicing hojlund, there was so many on here who were insistent Antony was the right signing because we needed an inverted right forward but hojlund would prob benefit from someone who would cross the ball in

Piskin

He is not going to improve his game and certainly won't improve us up front. Needs to be moved on in the summer along with the other 2 youtube players Bruno & Rashford.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He did alright. Just his presence gave us a lot more balance in attack. It's just a necessity playing with 2 actual wingers these days and we need to stop trying to ignore that.

Idxomer

Kept the shape but had a problem knowing what shirt we played in today.

Abraxas

Awful cameo.

Also, zero fecking pace. And for a winger that. Yikes.
Was pace really the problem? I think he showed a good burst on that counter. It was the decision/execution that was the problem. Which is the problem a high percentage of the time with him.

Superunknown

Tempted to give him a try as a full back and see how he does. Not really feeling him as an attacker.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I actually quite like his performance today. We look much more balance as a team on the right with him on the pitch.

MattofManchester

Lacking a bit of match fitness it seems. But with Garnacho, we really miss the width that he provides, even if the performances aren't there.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Was pace really the problem? I think he showed a good burst on that counter. It was the decision/execution that was the problem. Which is the problem a high percentage of the time with him.
He has pace but we never see it when there's a defender in front of him. Coming on with fresh legs against a full back who was on a yellow. Hickey didn't get challenged all game.

RuudTom83

What an odd group of wingers United have amassed...none of them actually like playing wide and would rather come inside and make the pitch even narrower, and then wonder why its hard to break a team down.

DickDastardly

Of course it was a problem.

Give that counter to any other speed merchant in the Prem and you've got yourself a goal.

It's 2 on 1 ffs. And that shit pass. Awful.

cyberman

Give that counter to any other speed merchant in the Prem and you've got yourself a goal.

I thought it was a great pass, you can see Hojlund stutter just as Antony plays it and that’s why he didn’t get through 1v1

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He did alright. Just his presence gave us a lot more balance in attack. It's just a necessity playing with 2 actual wingers these days and we need to stop trying to ignore that.
We were equally, if not worse when he came on, and he played like he usually plays. I seriously can't understand how some of you can lie to yourself. Created nothing coming in as a winger later in the game, 0 crosses, 0 key passes, did absolutely nothing. 4 forward passes in total is everything he did, and one of them was that counter attack where he was 10 meters ahead of their defender and he decided to pass the ball to their other defender who was marking Hojlund.

Another poor performance from a nothing winger.

DickDastardly

I thought it was a great pass, you can see Hojlund stutter just as Antony plays it and that’s why he didn’t get through 1v1
First of all, if he was anywhere near fast enough, he goes on till the end and scores or passes it to Hojlund for a empty goal.

Second of all, it was not a great pass. Watch it again.

Abraxas

I don't think that's remotely true. You're exaggerating. There was still a lot to do and a long distance to goal. The numbers would probably say such an opportunity is not converted at the frequency you're stating.

Besides, he got away from those chasing, he simply decided to pass and it didn't work.

Idxomer

We were equally, if not worse when he came on, and he played like he usually plays. I seriously can't understand how some of you can lie to yourself. Created nothing coming in as a winger later in the game, 0 crosses, 0 key passes, did absolutely nothing. 4 forward passes in total is everything he did, and one of them was that counter attack where he was 10 meters ahead of their defender and he decided to pass the ball to their other defender who was marking Hojlund.

Another poor performance from a nothing winger.
Agreed, never saw a less creative winger than him at United.

DickDastardly

I don't think that's remotely true. You're exaggerating. There was still a lot to do and a long distance to goal. The numbers would probably say such an opportunity is not converted at the frequency you're stating.

Besides, he got away from those chasing, he simply decided to pass and it didn't work.
What the feck man.

He was ALONE on the half way mark.
All you need to do is run with the ball.

Give that same position to Garnacho or Hojlund and that's a goal.

Which is pretty fecking sad for a winger to be that slow.

Bobski

The way he likes to carry the ball, outside of the left foot, seems to make it very hard for him to run directly at the goal at pace and stay in control of the ball, looks unnatural when he has to try it, and never allows him to reach top speed.

simmee

Thought it was an OK performance given it was his first game back but he did feck up that counter. He took an extra touch when he should've passed which meant Hojlund had to hold his run to not be offside.

Sgreddevil

For the chance with Hojlund, he should have passed the ball down the space behind the defenders. He would have known Hojlund has the speed to reach faster than the defenders. What was he thinking by trying to lob in between defenders. He should know the strengths of his teammates more.

Abraxas

What the feck man.

He was ALONE on the half way mark.
All you need to do is run with the ball.

Give that same position to Garnacho or Hojlund and that's a goal.

Which is pretty fecking sad for a winger to be that slow.
Yes but it's a lot harder to travel with the ball than without it so even if a player is alone it doesn't mean goal. That simply isn't a goal with the frequency you're saying. When there's a distance between picking up the ball and the goal the more chance it breaks down. That's just how football is and the statistics will bear it out irrespective of whether they're the last man or not.

It's not really mitigating his decision there or his performance anyway. Not very good and he generally has been very poor as a signing so far.