Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Shooting is something you can improve over the period of time. I would encourage to take more shots if he can eventually improve.
He should move to the US then, shooting's something they're good at and there'll be plenty of scope for practice!

NoPace

Played quite well. Barring someone offering 50M+ for him, I think the sanest thing to do is what Ten Hag seems to be doing, which is hand him the RW job and if Amad can beat him out then great.

Long-term, you'd like to see Bruno in the role McTominay played, like this I guess, since Antony creates lots of space for the type of run De Bruyne makes between the LCB and LB. Less crosses, more cutbacks:

Garnacho-----------Hojlund--------------Antony
--------------Mainoo-------------Bruno---------------
-----------------------------DM------------------------------
Shaw------Lisandro-------RCB-------------Dalot
---------------------------Onana----------------------------

and maybe we buy Frimpong and sell Wan-Bissaka. Good balance as long as Hojlund can start scoring goals and we buy the right guys in those 2 spots.

Stadjer

Yea, he should have had couple of assists last night but for his teammates' finishing. Some posters are being unfairly critical of him. Almost like they have an agenda against him.

He did well yesterday. Certainly way better than to deserve being called shite or brain-dead.
'Almost' :lol:

It is so obvious some posters have made up their mind and wont change their opinion anymore. United pundits hate him ever since those weird spins and the media doesnt like Antony much either.

Antony isnt a 100m player but he isnt bad and he has the potential to become better.

Son

He’d be a very good asset in a 442 system or if we had a world class right back like Trent. Unfortunately as it is whilst a very good team player who works hard, like @hasanejaz88 said, when he actually gets the ball in the final third you basically know nothing will happen whereas on the other side with Garnacho you expect everything and anything to happen.
The club surely will be looking for a world class RWB to compliment him. Whether Antony is backup or starter his style of holding onto the ball will help us majorly.

He definitely has a place in the squad as a more defensive option who can be safe in big games.

Bondi77

The club surely will be looking for a world class RWB to compliment him. Whether Antony is backup or starter his style of holding onto the ball will help us majorly.

He definitely has a place in the squad as a more defensive option who can be safe in big games.
Dalot is a better RB than Antony is a winger so if we are strengthening the right side I know which one has to go.
I fail to see how a player that struggles to judge the weight of a pass and does not really tackle but goes to ground more often than not giving away free kicks is a safe option in any game let alone a big one.

Ludens the Red

I was expecting this in the summer but we strangely prioritised other positions. Unless those two things happen I don’t think he does have a place in the squad tbh. Think of Park for instance. He would be selected for his defensive qualities in big games yet would regularly score in them because he made great runs, was decisive in the box and wasn’t afraid to use both feet. Antony needs far too much work on his final third game for us to wait around on him.

tomaldinho1

Seems an odd comment to make then, his passing was generally good - his little reverse ball which McT scuffed for his hattrick for example - and was extremely unlucky with Silva's trailing foot stopping his goal. Criticism of his against Chelsea that would have been fair is the complete lack of a right foot but otherwise a superb night for him.

b82REZ

Seems an odd comment to make then, his passing was generally good - his little reverse ball which McT scuffed for his hattrick for example - and was extremely unlucky with Silva's trailing foot stopping his goal. Criticism of his against Chelsea that would have been fair is the complete lack of a right foot but otherwise a superb night for him.
Pointless engaging that poster. They're the person that referred to his goal against Arsenal as a tap in. Clearly has an agenda.

statpadder

Don’t think he did much wrong today. Will be the scapegoat along with Martial ofcourse.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Another game without an attacking contribution.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Useless player.

The worst part is no one is going to buy him from us for even 20m. Why was he is given a Gbp 200k/ week contract is one of life's greatest mysteries.

VivaRonaldo85

£90 million for a player to get the ball, look up, turn away from goal and pass it back to the right back or CM. What a waste of money. Every attack today came down our left side. Offered nothing. Awful.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Most uninspiring wide player I've ever seen at United. Even Bebe had more about him on the attack, awful that he was.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I said this a lot during the game but, for me, it's mental how we use him.

We know he's not a good dribbler. He can't beat his man. Yet we never have players over in support of him in possession to create passing triangles. We expect him to beat a player or two and pick out a forward nearly every time he has possession. It's daft.

Ollie Derbyshire

He is a poor player simple as, offers very little and has no end product. Whenever the ball goes to him I expect nothing and that’s what I get.

Add to that having Dalot on the same side, jeez that’s bad.

BarryWinks

Maybe he's world-class in training or something.

That's gotta be the only explanation.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Thought he played well, but he never looks like scoring.

Stadjer

I thought he was doing alright. During the first half he was by far the best forward. He was getting the usual agenda driven abuse in the live thread while Garnacho (who was much much worse during that first half) was not even mentioned. Antony is not amazing but he also isnt as bad as some want to claim. His price tag, he looks arrogant and his off field problems caused a lot of people to dislike him. And Paul Scholes didnt like his weird fidget spinner move that one time. That also turned Manchester United pundits and as a result some fans against him.

He just isnt the type of winger people here want to see. The one that takes on his man and scores. He keeps the ball in the team, makes the right pass, plays in the system and works hard. He just isnt that spectaculair Brazilian flair player.

saik

He had an okay game. Wasn't that Dalot side netting from his pass? Ofcourse he could be doing better but people are very quick to discredit any attacking contribution he does.

Stacks

I thought he was doing alright. During the first half he was by far the best forward. He was getting the usual agenda driven abuse in the live thread while Garnacho (who was much much worse during that first half) was not even mentioned. Antony is not amazing but he also isnt as bad as some want to claim. His price tag, he looks arrogant and his off field problems caused a lot of people to dislike him. And Paul Scholes didnt like his weird fidget spinner move that one time. That also turned Manchester United pundits and as a result some fans against him.

He just isnt the type of winger people here want to see. The one that takes on his man and scores. He keeps the ball in the team, makes the right pass, plays in the system and works hard. He just isnt that spectaculair Brazilian flair player.
Emile Heskey but out wide?

SAFMUTD

Why do all players look better when they first arrive? They don't only not improve but regress.

Doracle

His passing is one of the main weaknesses of his game. He doesn’t have good vision (see the very easy pass he had to Bruno on Wednesday which he just ignored) and has little ability to pick out any longer pass. We could probably get away with him keeping it simple but even there he misplaces far too many easy passes for a player who takes no risks. Often it results in him getting praised for running back, when it would have been completely unnecessary if he hadn’t given it away in the first place!

As it stands, his only redeeming feature is he has decent workrate. However, that doesn’t make up for the total lack of quality he produces as a Man United player. Simply should not be playing for us.

Stadjer

His passing is one of the main weaknesses of his game. He doesn’t have good vision (see the very easy pass he had to Bruno on Wednesday which he just ignored) and has little ability to pick out any longer pass. We could probably get away with him keeping it simple but even there he misplaces far too many easy passes for a player who takes no risks. Often it results in him getting praised for running back, when it would have been completely unnecessary if he hadn’t given it away in the first place!

As it stands, his only redeeming feature is he has decent workrate. However, that doesn’t make up for the total lack of quality he produces as a Man United player. Simply should not be playing for us.
In that very same game he had a great pass on McT who should have assisted Hojlund instead of blasting it wide. I think Antony his passing works well in the system. The moment where Dalot went for his very selfish shot came from a combination with Antony. Antony also usually spots a player running into the box and will get the ball to them. I think his passing is fine but he obviously he isnt doing any Ozil type defense splitting passes.

Marwood

Not football fan on the planet wants a winger who barely scores or creates.

Doracle

Despite thinking he’s miles off United standard, I actually do think he’s our best current option, which shows how bad our right side is. I’d love to have seen us try Garnacho there but ETH doesn’t seem to even want to try that for 20 minutes here and there.

Got to hope that Amad is ready to step up and make that wing his own now he’s fit again. No pressure….

acnumber9

Why do all players look better when they first arrive? They don't only not improve but regress.
Because it only takes a few games to figure out what he will do every single time he gets the ball.