View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wouldn’t be surprised. Liverpool have signed a lot of players who were Klopp’s picks and that’s how it should be. Managers aren’t scouts and football has moved on. Well everyone aside from us.
It's almost like even the best managers in the world have frailties masked when there's a proper structure.

Pscholes18

He would be infinitely better if he would go to his right half the time. I can't believe they do not make him train on that.

gza the genius

Went to the right one time and beat TAA or whoever it was with ease, immediately had to pull it back to his left foot instead of crossing with his right and then lost the ball. Sums him up.

The defensive work is useful but this is the stuff we used to make fun of Liverpool and Kuyt about. What good is a winger who poses absolutely zero threat offensively.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
You are either
Quick
Good on both feet
Or have a good passing ability.

Antony has neither so he's never going to make it at the top. He'll go down as a defensive winger.
He's doing his best, can't blame him really.

Dinghy

3 or 4 times he got the ball in a position where any semi-decent winger would have done something one vs one.

Said this before, try play him centrally where he can carry the ball forward and play the safe passes.

Trequarista10

He attempted a through ball, when someone was racing through (can't remember who?) by attempting to curl it with the outside of his left foot. It would be an easy pass with his right. It's just unacceptable at this level.

Oscar Bonavena

He attempted a through ball, when someone was racing through (can't remember who?) by attempting to curl it with the outside of his left foot. It would be an easy pass with his right. It's just unacceptable at this level.
And TAA almost scored from the counterattack 20 seconds later. That goal would have been on Antony

Pscholes18

Went to the right one time and beat TAA or whoever it was with ease, immediately had to pull it back to his left foot instead of crossing with his right and then lost the ball. Sums him up.

The defensive work is useful but this is the stuff we used to make fun of Liverpool and Kuyt about. What good is a winger who poses absolutely zero threat offensively.
And if I remember correctly, the ONLY reason he went to the right was because he was forced to...defender committed too far in and left the right wide open.

Oscar Bonavena

Every time he cuts back onto his left foot when he has a chance to beat the left back on the outside, it allows at least 6 opposition players gets back into their defensive position and kills the attack. And he does it every f*cking time.

Malone_Post

Every time he cuts back onto his left foot when he has a chance to beat the left back on the outside, it allows at least 6 opposition players gets back into their defensive position and kills the attack. And he does it every f*cking time.
He does this multiple times a game. Over and over again. Anytime we have a counter and the ball ends up at his feet you can guarantee 99/100 the attack is over. Its absolutely infuriating.

He’s an attacker where attacks go to die.

statpadder

Like I mentioned in the Martial thread, buckle up Antony, you’re the next scapegoat.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don’t know why he doesn’t take defenders on the outside more often. He seems to have success everytime he does it yet he’s so hesitant. Also how hard can it be for your right foot to just be half decent for crossing?

Malone_Post

Like I mentioned in the Martial thread, buckle up Antony, you’re the next scapegoat.
Scapegoat…‘A person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others’

Antony is blamed for all his wrongdoings, mistakes and faults. Of which, he has many.

edgecutter

I thought he was good in a defensive role today. He did make one great chance in the second half.

Compare him to Rashford, and you'll see that he has more to offer than what that waste of space has.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He has a knack of getting into the right kind of spot often enough, it's just when he's there he gives it away so routinely that you come to expect any attacks involving him to fizzle out. I'd still take the attitude and work rate over some of our better players anyday, would be nice if he was just a bit less shite though. Like how can't he pass it ten yards?

Malkovich

I don't think his issue is pace, but strength. If he goes on the outside he knows he will lose the tussle so he is very limited right now. In other leagues he can do better, but the PL is not a good fit for him. Like others said, he gives 110% so its hard to be angry at him, rather at the scouts who thought the fee would be a good idea.

Longshanks

He is just rubbish really. There isnt much more to say. Him and dalot together are the grim reaper of attacks.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’m sure he’s fast without the ball. He needs to learn how to run fast with the ball, he plays what I call living room football where he prefers a small tight pitch where he can touch the ball 20 times in five yards instead of opening up and covering ground with the ball. He didn’t do too bad overall today though

marktan

I don't think his issue is pace, but strength. If he goes on the outside he knows he will lose the tussle so he is very limited right now. In other leagues he can do better, but the PL is not a good fit for him. Like others said, he gives 110% so its hard to be angry at him, rather at the scouts who thought the fee would be a good idea.
Acceleration. Like Sancho he's fast when he gets running at full speed, but one on one he rarely does anything because his acceleration is really poor. Bit funny that both of our 80m wide players have the exact same problem.

Red & White

He works hard and I like the fact he has a bit of fight in him. What really frustrated me today was he’d receive the ball when he was a few yards past their defender and then almost hold it up to the try and cut inside. You’ve got to attack the space in those positioned and have more confidence in your ability.

SER19

Towards the end of last season he was clearly being ordered to go on the outside more and was starting to get some joy and confidence. I dont know why there has been a complete regression on this.

Cathy Ferguson

This is my biggest concern about Ten Hag, the fact he knew exactly the player he was getting, and still insisted on blowing that much cash on him.
My take is that ETH underestimated the PL. Such a slow winger would never make it. Now he knows.

lost7

Amad please give him some competition because his performances have not been it

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This guys useless. Can’t get a goal or assist. He over complicates things at times.

kundalini

Terrible first half performance, not quite as poor as Amrabat but continually managed to give the ball away, typically cheaply. Better in the 2nd half.

I don't rate him at all. Amazed that Ten Hag selects him match after match.

Crashoutcassius

He is still our best option at RW though, because he can at least form part of a good defensive unit. Win the ball high enough up the pitch enough times and you literally don't need a playmaker

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

AnotherLondonManc

My son was saying he should play at fullback. There’s something to be said for that. He really is bang on, defensively. Less said about the rest of his game these days the better.
He's able to track back and make a nuisance of himself in defense, but I wouldn't trust him with the awareness and positional requirements needed to play fullback. I don't think we'll ever see it.

TempusFugit

Teach him how to pass. His over reliance on his left leg can be somewhat controlled if he learns how to pass. How to spot openings and how to weight his passes correctly. That is what makes him so ineffective. Yes he's not a great shooter but with the positions he gets himself into he has to be doing much better.

I was practically screaming when he didn't play the pass immediately to Højlund on that fast break or when he completely messed up the final ball to Højlund/Rashford after beating TAA with a body feint. He needs to improve massively. He takes too much time to pick a pass and if he doesn't feel confident in being able to do it with his left, the chance vanishes.

BeepBeepImAJeep

Had such high hopes for him after that first arsenal game. Such a shame he’s absolutely awful. Would any other team in the league start him? I really doubt it.

BorisManUtd

Really appreciate his work rate and defensive job he does but on the other hand Antony is so limited that it's painful. Not that he hasn't improved, actually think he's been good lately.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

U wot mate?!

criticalanalysis

Defensively superb, still expect more from him attacking wise on an individual level and unfortunately that's not changed much the past 18 months. However, it's not been highlighted that he regularly played about 3-4 nice passes infield for an oncoming McTominay/whoever so the chance was still in play. Whilst we lose a crossing/penetration threat, his ability to play a pass instead is something underrated.