2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Unam333

There is no excuse for turning it over after the corner. But, I think some of the turnovers near the sideline were impacted by playing him on the left. When he is on the right he turns the ball to the sideline and shields it until we move up the field. But, when he is on the left he turns the ball towards the playing field and is very easy to strip.
So, he's basically Derek Zoolander.

mk7

a really horrific display yesterday. Came on and we struggled to do anything going forward.

Red Rash

He is in poor form right now. Absolutely no reason he should be coming on instead of Amad.

Foolsgold21

One of the worst signings in premier league history.

Laughably bad last night.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Why was he playing LW when he had Garnacho on the pitch? I genuinely want Ten Hag to work out for us but his judgment on Antony is the single biggest reason why his sacking would be justified.
ETH is throwing him a lifeline here, Garnacho is just much better overall player on the right and Antony is now in big trouble.

I think he will be cut lose in the summer. He's probably top 3 worst transfer of last 25 years? Challenging for the first position definitely.

Nickelodeon

ETH is throwing him a lifeline here, Garnacho is just much better overall player on the right and Antony is now in big trouble.

I think he will be cut lose in the summer. He's probably top 3 worst transfer of last 25 years? Challenging for the first position definitely.
I just don't see it happening. Who's the market for him? It will be another loan where we pay the wages with some miniscule buy option which wouldn't be taken up. He is going to be our Bogarde.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I trust Garnacho to use his left foot better than Antony

Hackman2210

He baffles me - I dont think he's a winger. I have no idea what his strenghts are. Yesterday he was hopeless. Out physicalled in every challenged, no pace, no end product. £85m for a one footed player, we shouldnt have bought him and maybe we wouldnt have if we didnt have such a shite board and chief executive. Someone should have said to ETH - he's not worth that, pick someone else.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I just don't see it happening. Who's the market for him? It will be another loan where we pay the wages with some miniscule buy option which wouldn't be taken up. He is going to be our Bogarde.
I have a feeling there is little doubt on how shite he is and we will just sell him for his initial market value (around 30m). Wages might be a problem though.

Gordon Godot

He baffles me - I dont think he's a winger. I have no idea what his strenghts are. Yesterday he was hopeless. Out physicalled in every challenged, no pace, no end product. £85m for a one footed player, we shouldnt have bought him and maybe we wouldnt have if we didnt have such a shite board and chief executive. Someone should have said to ETH - he's not worth that, pick someone else.
He is absolutely terrible. For buying him in the first place, willing to waste £82m, then constantly playing him or at worst bringing him on, is why I want ETH gone. He is a terrible player. I said it after his easy assist and open net goal against Newport that he didnt look threatening even against a league 2 team. Couldnt beat a player or get a decent cross or even a good shot. Last night one of the worst cameos in the club's history. Every time he got the ball he either is muscled off it, delays and tackled, or on a couple of occasions just passed to oppo. Third goal break entirely on him. He should not play for this club again. Give his minutes to Diallo who at least has a good skill set.

Gordon Godot

If ETH really needs to be told that he shouldnt be managing us.

Bondi77

Did he dribble the same way at Ajax?, as most of our players in recent years seem to have the same technique as him of trying to go past players by running directly into them and hoping to either phase through them, or that they’ll jump out the way.
:lol:

Ciddy

It's a toss up between him and Mudryk for worst recent Premier League signing. Both of them commanded ridiculous fees and neither can live up to them. The selling clubs must be laughing.

Thing that worries me most is ETH view that he was good enough for this league. Even at £30M he isn't what we need. This is another top down mistake that hopefully with new people in place won't happen quite nearly as often. ETH didn't know this league well enough and based his purchases on a poor league. The people above ETH as we know, know nothing about football. The sooner INEOS get real Football men in place the sooner mistakes like this will reduce massively.

TrailMonkey

I've rewatched Mainoo's goal a few times this morning and Antony looks totally disinterested. Probably pi55ed that Mainoo didn't play him in as he was in space. Smacks of Ronaldo's 'all about me' attitude when someone else got the glory.

TrailMonkey

It's a toss up between him and Mudryk for worst recent Premier League signing. Both of them commanded ridiculous fees and neither can live up to them. The selling clubs must be laughing.
I'd take Mudryk all day long. He's unpredictable and doesn't yet have much of a PL brain or end product, but he's fast and he's direct. I reckon defenders are frightened of his pace and ability to get in behind them, but also know he can fcuk it up. A bit like Dan James. Antony doesn't instill fear in any of the opposition. He's just shit.

Gordon Godot

I'd take Mudryk all day long. He's unpredictable and doesn't yet have much of a PL brain or end product, but he's fast and he's direct. I reckon defenders are frightened of his pace and ability to get in behind them, but also know he can fcuk it up. A bit like Dan James. Antony doesn't instill fear in any of the opposition. He's just shit.
Exactly. There is not one element of Antony's game that is stand our or has potential to be top class. Literally nothing. Oppo defenders are delighted to see him on the ball. He has zero threat. Its becoming a Weghorst style calamity.

Wing Attack Plan R

Antony's form is going backwards at an alarming clip instead of improving. What is going wrong with him? When he first showed up he at least had a trick, not anymore. Quickly becoming the new Dan James and should probably follow him to wherever he ended up. Had high hopes for him, he has the desire to play for United but he's just not delivering the goods.

UpWithRivers

He was still coming inside instead of going on the outside and crossing even playing on the left?! Why? Because he has no pace. Semedo pocketed him. So he was forced to try come inside and then he was fkd because he was on his right foot. He just doesn't have the tools.

Gordon Godot

He was still coming inside instead of going on the outside and crossing even playing on the left?! Why? Because he has no pace. Semedo pocketed him. So he was forced to try come inside and then he was fkd because he was on his right foot. He just doesn't have the tools.
Exactly. He has no tools. He cannot beat a player. He is a key factor in our lack of goals. There is immediately no threat from whatever side he is on. That makes us so much easier to defend against

NoPace

He's definitely a RW. Everything he does good for the team tactically he can only really do in that spot. Needs to be in another league, with a marauding RB and he'll probably be a solid enough starter for a Europa league kinda team, like a Politano kinda player if he goes to Serie A and gets the right RB to play behind him and the right coach.

NoPace

Mudryk has zero idea what to do when the game slows down, but his speed alone means we'd swap him for Antony. He could figure out how to play in his mid-20s, it's happened before for seemingly dumb wingers. You can't really fix having no pace, not being a creative passer (Antony is fine in terms of ball retention and sideways and backwards passing) and having no weaker foot and being small. I'm not sure how you get a productive winger out of that, like that's just Almiron with less pace basically.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Worst signing in the clubs history without a doubt.

Others might have been cheap punts or big name signings that flopped.

Antony brings the talent of a cheap punt and the price tag of a big name flop.

PoTMS

Also, what the feck was that from him after Mainoo's winner? Everyone else is going mental but he looked almost annoyed someone else had scored.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Antony's form is going backwards at an alarming clip instead of improving. What is going wrong with him? When he first showed up he at least had a trick, not anymore. Quickly becoming the new Dan James and should probably follow him to wherever he ended up. Had high hopes for him, he has the desire to play for United but he's just not delivering the goods.
Some people argued he had a good game in the FA cup. But now against serious (even if not very good) opposition, he looks poor again.
Rashford is inconsistent
Garnacho is inconsistent
Bruno is inconsistent as feck
Antony is the most consistent player in our attacking formation. Whoever he plays against, he plays the same way, to the maximum of his capabilities. Sadly, this is not nearly enough for this league (nevermind the club). Not his fault really.

I can't wrap my head around the fact we had 90 million to spare and we splashed it on this guy.

EireRed_GS

He truly is awful.. He's lively and works his socks off, ill give him that. But other than that, he offers little to nothing.

He came on last night, all he had to do was drive it up the pitch and help us keep the ball, keep composure and run the clock down. Instead we seen what happened, attempts dribbling past 2 men, instantly loses the ball, Wolves fly up the pitch and score.

Said it many a time, He'll be the man gets EtH the sack. When you insist on constantly playing donkeys like Antony, your prepping your own p45

Can understand Sanchos frustrations a bit now to be honest. Surely Amad knows he has a chance here to push his way into the team

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Dan James was far better.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Last season he had some use. Never even 30 mil worth player of course but he had some good games and roles. This year he looks completely out of depth. Winger who causes zero threat.
Worst thing is that we are stuck with him. We can't sell him for even half price that we payed and club will not sell him for bargain fee because it is bad for the books. Also, his wage is too high for most of clubs.

Shit situation.

Mike Smalling

Also, what the feck was that from him after Mainoo's winner? Everyone else is going mental but he looked almost annoyed someone else had scored.
Noticed that too. Looked a bit weird. He does the opposite of Dalot, who always seems to go crazy when we score a goal.

lex talionis

Antony is simply an appalling footballer relative to expectations. Could he go a job for a club like Everton or maybe even Palace? Sure. That he blocks time on the pitch that could have gone to Pellistri or Amad boggles the mind.