Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fooza

that's that, insane money to turn down but they sticking to a firm no sale

HookedOnAPhelan

Feck it, let's go back for him in January. Get someone else in in the meantime, with the way Rashford and Sancho are performing we're gonna need more than one anyway.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rejecting 80m is mental from Ajax, fair play.

Also — if we had the funds to bid that high for him, why the feck are we waiting until the 2nd week of August to do it?!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Rejecting 80m is mental from Ajax, fair play.

Also — if we had the funds to bid that high for him, why the feck are we waiting until the 2nd week of August to do it?!
Indeed

CM

It's mental that a team like Ajax can reject an €80m bid these days. Fair play, I suppose.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Gakpo plays on the left. Antony plays on the right. Why do they keep linking the two together?
I think at this point the plan is to just bring in a higher quality winger, irrespective of which side.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why now after giving them huge money for a CB we didn't need giving them even less incentive to sell? The decision making this summer is staggeringly bad.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
For those in the know: who's an equivalent level talent who plays RW and would thrive in a ETH system that they'd value at €80m and is a viable option?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm finding that hard to believe - first, that we actually bid 80m for him and second, Ajax rejecting that. Maybe easier to imagine we make such a crazy offer given how we're run, but even so. While Ajax turning that down would just be negligent on their part and they're well run.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
For those in the know: who's an equivalent level talent who plays RW and would thrive in a ETH system that they'd value at €80m and is a viable option?
what's an ETH system? Is it basically fannying around with the ball at the back even if you're not very good at it?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Couldnt have made that bid at the start of the fecking window!

For a club beeing run by shady business men we are terrible at doing business :lol:
Would it have made any difference?
If €80m is the highest we will go and it's not enough, it doesn't matter when the bid is submitted.

DevTheRed

Both Raphinha and Richarlison went for around €60m-€70m.. I’d say €80m is about right when you compare him to them and being a few years younger. Paying anymore would definitely be overpriced.

Tiki-Taka

Did he perform a lot better than Tadic, who wasn’t that good in the premier league?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Wow that's a shocker ain't it, we've left it too late haven't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.