Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETH86

Supports
Ajax
I think he’ll put in a transfer request and we’ll get him
Hahahaha ofcourse not mate. He's not leaving, trust me. He's happy in Amsterdam and wants to play at a stable club with the world cup coming up. No offense but Manchester united is a nightmare at the moment, why on earth would he go when Man Utd isn't even playing champions league and failing in the EPL? I'm a united lover also don't get me wrong but he won't leave. Only for 100 million maybe, 80/90 won't be enough. That's just facts and you know it.

Sviken

Would it have made any difference?
If €80m is the highest we will go and it's not enough, it doesn't matter when the bid is submitted.
It makes a huge difference. For once, Ajax would need to find a quick replacement and time is ticking. Second, we're very desperate and clubs know that. Regardless of what player we go for now, we'll get fleeced. This is what happens when you have incompetent clowns in charge that leave things to be done at the last minute.

macheda14

Would it have made any difference?
If €80m is the highest we will go and it's not enough, it doesn't matter when the bid is submitted.
There were Strong rumours they would have taken that a month ago and we were put off

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It makes a huge difference. For once, Ajax would need to find a quick replacement and time is ticking. Second, we're very desperate and clubs know that. Regardless of what player we go for now, we'll get fleeced. This is what happens when you have incompetent clowns in charge that leave things to be done at the last minute.
If Ajax rejected €80m a month or so ago? It probably would’ve massively disillusioned Antony too. They can justify it so late in the window — “you’ll get your move next season, they came in too late etc” but it would be hard to stop him throwing bit strops if this bid came in a full month or so ago.

sokol11

get the f out with 80 mil EUR bid for practically nobody. The EPL world is gone mad. If scouts would do at least half decent job they are supposed to do we would have few ready made players in academy.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
No, we had bids rejected earlier in the summer.
Do you think we'll improve on this bid or increase the upfront payment on €80m to say 70m then the other 10 in possible add-ons?

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
get the f out with 80 mil EUR bid for practically nobody. The EPL world is gone mad. If scouts would do at least half decent job they are supposed to do we would have few ready made players in academy.
Garnacho is already a good player but he can't make the step to the next level unless he gets first team experience in a good setup.

We also had Greenwood. With his ability he could have become one of the best but that seems to be a thing with our top talents. They find ways to feck things up. Still very sour about what happened with Ravel and that happened a long time ago.

Dominos

No, we had bids rejected earlier in the summer.
Well, the bids we made earlier were presumably not for 80m, and we have inexplicably given them 65m for Martinez meaning they don't really need to sell any more players.

Unless you think we offered 80m earlier in the summer, and then came back this week and offered the same amount.

If we'd have made this offer on day 1 of the transfer window opening let's be honest he'd most likely be a United player. And if they didn't accept, we could have moved on much sooner. Yet again we've had a lack of foresight.

TheReligion

Abusive
Hahahaha ofcourse not mate. He's not leaving, trust me. He's happy in Amsterdam and wants to play at a stable club with the world cup coming up. No offense but Manchester united is a nightmare at the moment, why on earth would he go when Man Utd isn't even playing champions league and failing in the EPL? I'm a united lover also don't get me wrong but he won't leave. Only for 100 million maybe, 80/90 won't be enough. That's just facts and you know it.
So that makes no sense.

He won’t leave to United but he might do for 100m?

:houllier:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If I could ask ETH any question now, absolutely any question it would be why did he go for Martinez and not just put that money on Antony instead...

We had Varane, Lindelof, Tuanzebe and Captain Calamity. However our attacking options is a steaming pile of....

Whole fanbase would be at least more content if we had this guy in the team instead of a midget CB.
Even a DM would have been more prudent.

FatTails

He’s not worth €80m. Happy they rejected that. Move on, we’ve avoided a costly mistake.

Mike1976

Supports
Ajax & United, in that order
They are not gonna turn down 80m, they are not Madrid
You were saying? ;)

We need him to kick up a stink, if he doesn't feck him the diving bastard.
Always funny to read this. So you get him after he rebels at Ajax. Then in a year or two City or PSG offers him twice his salary and he does the same to United.

" Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Be careful what you wish for.

If we'd have made this offer on day 1 of the transfer window opening let's be honest he'd most likely be a United player. And if they didn't accept, we could have moved on much sooner. Yet again we've had a lack of foresight.
Most certainly. The latter part I do not necessarily agree with though. Just look at how they keep chasing Frenkie who doesn't seem to want/be able to leave.

To lower the price/increase the package without spending more maybe a youth player could be included (at Ajax they'd have a much better chance of first team football) with a big buy-back clause. I'd say a United squad player, but I can't think of anyone that would fill a weak spot in the current Ajax squad ... And no, Ajax has plenty of good midfielders, so Donny isn't an option.

Last edited:

pascell

Do you think we'll improve on this bid or increase the upfront payment on €80m to say 70m then the other 10 in possible add-ons?
I think we will but not by much. If its him ten Hag wants then we've got to try our utmost to back the manager. The alternatives will obviously be cheaper but ten Hag will have to coach them into his line of thinking, we wouldn't have that problem with Antony.

Well, the bids we made earlier were presumably not for 80m, and we have inexplicably given them 65m for Martinez meaning they don't really need to sell any more players.

Unless you think we offered 80m earlier in the summer, and then came back this week and offered the same amount.

Yeah we could do with a Brucey Bonus couldn't we.

BarstoolProphet

Why would a higher transfer fee affect his decision at all?

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Tbf it makes no sense for him to join a club in current turmoil when he's fighting for a World cup place, a solid half season at Ajax where he's settled is best for his WC ambitions. I can see United going back in January and getting him cheaper, possibly next summer. Seems a transfer that will happen, it's just a matter of when.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

CONFIRMATION: Sources within #Ajax report that an offer of 80 million euros from #MUFC for #Antony has been rejected today. Will the offer be raised again and will Ajax be saddled with a complicated sporting and economic issue?
not for sale for 80

Fooza

If he really wants to come, he can push it on his end otherwise move on

Status
Not open for further replies.