Antony - Official Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

He's got the exact type of attitude I love in United players and the fact that ETH trusts him so much speaks wonders, ry hopes he kicks on for us. Feel like he'll end up being a massive fan favorite
Brilliant quotes those

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I like his arrogance and determination. Be assured that he won't just fail like that. Think he will be a huge success. We got to be patient.

jeff_goldblum

What Antony appears to have that we don't really have in the squad is the ability to go past a defender inside or outside from a near-standing start. We have pace in the squad, but it's mostly the sort of pace which is useful in behind or on the counter, rather than quick bursts to carry the ball past a well-positioned defender. That ability to beat defenders one-on-one is often what we lack when we're trying to break down teams who get men behind the ball and stay solid.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

Thank feck
Wait, Marina wanted him?? Now I'm worried he might be shit :nervous:

This is the same woman that signed Lukaku, Werner, Ziyech, Kepa, Havertz, Chilwell then another left back in Cucurella for 60m. Plus she decided to sell Tomori, Guehi, Livramento and Tammy.

dks17

Wait, Marina wanted him?? Now I'm worried he might be shit :nervous:

This is the same woman that signed Lukaku, Werner, Ziyech, Kepa, Havertz, Chilwell then another left back in Cucurella for 60m. Plus she decided to sell Tomori, Guehi, Livramento and Tammy.
did you just decide to ignore the bit where city were also in for them? i mean its not like city arent successful in the transfer market or anything...

On paper we've improved both wings with this transfer. Sancho looks more comfortable on the left to me and of course Antony is used to playing on the right and looks natural there. Finally a right winger!!

Also looks like the sort of player that could end up being hated by opposition fans, which is usually a good sign.

Cautiously optimistic!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I see the Guardian reporting that Edson Álvarez has refused to train today, following Chelsea’s bid for him yesterday. I hope not too much damage done by all these dramas in that dressing room

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Which Ronaldo?
Could be De Lima but I'm guessing CR7 since he was born in 2000, he couldn't have seen much of De Lima graceful days.

NewYorkRed

Could be De Lima but I'm guessing CR7 since he was born in 2000, he couldn't have seen much of De Lima graceful days.
De Lima. He was asked a question about his fav brazlians and he said Dinho and R9.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He will lose sleep and cream his pants about the prospect of being able to wear the holy United shirt. Until Real calls him and offers him even more money at which point he downs tools and starts forcing a move.

Being a mercenary is fine, but feck me, just admit it and can the hollow theatrics.

Nope, havent warmed up to him yet.

AussieDevil

He needs a big moment early on to really silence people. I remember back when we signed Martial, his goal against the scousers gave him heaps of breathing room.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Which Ronaldo?
That’s a good question, being Brazilian it’s most likely Brazilian one. But given his young age (similar age as Mbappe and Haaland), and the fact he wasn’t even born the time L.Ronaldo playing during his peak, it could possibly be Cristiano too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He will lose sleep and cream his pants about the prospect of being able to wear the holy United shirt. Until Real calls him and offers him even more money at which point he downs tools and starts forcing a move.

Being a mercenary is fine, but feck me, just admit it and can the hollow theatrics.

Nope, havent warmed up to him yet.
It's ok Kirk, he won't hurt you anymore. You can take off the anti bias glasses now :)

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've just got a feeling he's going to be absolutely sensational. As in, the next star of the PL. I can't wait to see him playing for us, this is what Old Trafford needed...an entertainer and a difference maker! Somebody to get us on the edge of our seat.

TheReligion

Abusive
I've just got a feeling he's going to be absolutely sensational. As in, the next star of the PL. I can't wait to see him playing for us, this is what Old Trafford needed...an entertainer and a difference maker! Somebody to get us on the edge of our seat.
You got your man in the end!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You got your man in the end!
Yep, buzzing about this one! I've been waiting for a winger of this type to come along, we have been crying out for it for a long time. The cards couldn't have fallen any better with him being at Ajax and us having ETH.

You excited about this one? I've been quietly watching and reading the Antony threads for a while and couldn't get over the posters that seemed so 'meh' about him. Either I'm very wrong, or they can't see the massive potential in this guy. I think he could be one of the best around. If Sancho finds his feet on the LW, which I have felt he would for a while, then we'll have a tasty attack. Add a CF & a CM of this quality next summer (or today?? :nervous:) and I think we'll be back in business.

NoLogo

Honestly, after such a bad start into the transfer window it feels like we have come a long way. Sorted the right winger position with this lad, finally got a quality DM in and it seems that even Martinez could solve finally bring a missing piece to our defense.

Sure right FB and a progressive carrier in midfield, as well as a quality striker is still missing but let's be patient, wait how Martial & Rashford perform this season and then go for quality targets early on next summer. Ideally we have the targets we want narrowed down early on next year and are already working on the deals so we finally can start a pre-season with all starting players on board.

But for now: welcome Antony, may you stay injury free and twist our opponents legs into knots. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.