g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Antony - Official Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

I don't understand this issue about respecting your opponent? You go out and you go in with challenges that can injure your opponent, you elbow him so that he has a concussion but you can't take the mickey out of him? I hope all our players take the piss out of our opponents. You can score a basketball score and humiliate them as a team but you can't do a spin or a juggling act like Nani did without these imbeciles calling it out.

mav_9me

I don't understand this issue about respecting your opponent? You go out and you go in with challenges that can injure your opponent, you elbow him so that he has a concussion but you can't take the mickey out of him? I hope all our players take the piss out of our opponents. You can score a basketball score and humiliate them as a team but you can't do a spin or a juggling act like Nani did without these imbeciles calling it out.
My problem with it is it's not really taking the mickey either is it? He is spinning on his own on the touchline. The defender is happy enough. It was pointless from what I can see

In contrast to what Nani did.

Sir Erik ten Hag

How about talking on the pitch with goals and assists? He can tell this kind of story after scoring 100th goal for United. What has he proved to justify his astronomical transfer fee so far?
And poverty has nothing to do with his stupid spin, and cannot justify it. Stop being a drama queen. Just prove yourself with goals and wins.
If you work with Antony everyday, you will know he's a determined boy with good attitude. He has his own shortcomings, but the daily training will pay off.

SAFMUTD

I guess many here won't be seeing Man United again in their life as he's probably going to start tomorrow.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Oh, this season gets better and better.

Lecland07

Jonny Evans, Greenwood and Antony. This club has a huge problem.
There is a difference between accusations and facts. With Greenwood there are other circumstances, but there has been no evidence of the other two.

Nonameisknown

Supports
United
We are truly creating a fantastic reputation at this club. Amazing I yell ya.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
People seem to have forgotten Antony missed a game for some driving stupidity back in January or February (EtH tried to say it's a personal issue).

Antony is obviously not a genius but let's hope these allegations are not true.

Kostov

No. Have I said it anywhere here. World is not black and white you know. It will leave a horrible taste, that's for sure.
Horrible taste over what actually? It's just accusations at this point. Plenty of fake ones through out the years, people are innocent until proven otherwise.

Real Name

Horrible taste over what actually? It's just accusations at this point. Plenty of fake ones through out the years, people are innocent until proven otherwise.
Are you speaking about Antony or Greenwood?
Also there's a difference between being proved innocent and charges being dropped for instance. And if abuser is not proven guilty that doesn't make an accusation a fake as you say sometimes. You make it all too simple and those things are far from simple.

In any case bringing back a woman beater and abuser leaves a horrible taste.

Red 142

Where’s that clown who wrote that an allegation was enough proof of guilt.
Seems like a significant percentage of the population are gullible enough, and quick enough to judge, to take this view sadly.

Recent events have shown that such accusations are too easy to make and can cause severe damage even without any credibility. From Neymar, to Mendy, to Bissouma, to others. I wonder if she'll have been begging him for a pay-off behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
This story came up a while ago, I think this dropped very quickly because he was at the time of alleged assault in England, and the girl in Brazil? Or maybe I got it mixed up.

Kostov

Are you speaking about Antony or Greenwood?
Also there's a difference between being proved innocent and charges being dropped for instance. And if abuser is not proven guilty that doesn't make an accusation a fake as you say sometimes. You make it all too simple and those things are far from simple.
Both. Nobody needs to prove their innocence, you only need to be proven guilty it's pretty simple despite you trying to make it complicated.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
This story came up a while ago, I think this dropped very quickly because he was at the time of alleged assault in England, and the girl in Brazil? Or maybe I got it mixed up.
Antony put a statement out and denied it.

To friends, fans and followers. For you, after having given my testimony at the police station where the investigation involving my name is being conducted, I wanted to speak publicly, for the first time, since I was falsely accused of assault.

I was silent so far so that nothing could interfere with the investigative process, but during all these days my family and I suffered in silence.

Even though I was born and raised in a very needy community, I had never gone through a situation similar to this, in which a false accusation of aggression generated a previous and unfair public judgement on the part of some.

After the closure of the investigation, my innocence will be proven, being certain that justice will prevail and the damage initially caused to my image will remain in the past. Thank you for the countless messages of support received at this very difficult time.

Real Name

Both. Nobody needs to prove their innocence, you only need to be proven guilty it's pretty simple despite you trying to make it complicated.
Yeah. I guess audio tape and photos don't meant anything, right. You have a child like look on things in life.

binary bot
This came out at the end of last season btw, so it’s the type of thing that should’ve been considered in the disaster of a plan for his predecessor.

Gandalf

It actually sounds like a potentially positive move although the publicity does not help.

Initially he was facing potential criminal charges and the fact that he is now looking at a civil suit from the accuser instead would suggest that the authorities did not find compelling evidence of wrongdoing. Speculative I know but he was interviewed by the Police and so this could have been headed in a far more serious direction.

Fergies Gum

Everyone knows the structure at the club is a shambles, but you would think even these owners would insist on due diligence and vetting be carried out before we spend record sums on a transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.