Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Back in the squad

In Rainbows

If this was from Brazil he hasn't lived there in nearly 4 years. She's suddenly remembered he wasn't very nice. Okay.
In the article it says that she was headbutted by Antony in Manchester, for which she received care from an English doctor that day. It's just that the first episode occurred in Brazil. It clearly states that it continued in England.

Santos J

The report says she was attacked on June 1st last year whilst in Brazil (albeit a vacation).
Yeah exactly, so nothing at all would suggest it was "something from 4 years ago that she's suddenly remembered" like the poster I replied to suggested.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Innocent until proven guilty and this females can hold it.

She saw that he went to United and decided to sue him. If the trick goes through, she can even take money from him and take him for granted.

Taped her fingers with duck tape and put paint on her head.

Telling us that she has proof. Not believing in any of this bulls**t.

A law should also be introduced for lying and that if the accused is found innocent the one who who makes the accusations should be the one convicted.

To see how many of them will be bold enough to accuse and judge somebody for fun.

After 3 months another chick will come for Rashford for duck taping her foot. .... telling us another fairy tale .
feck me. Ban worthy post this.

Disgusting.

kps88

Not a stretch to assume the off the pitch stuff has been effecting his form on the pitch as well.

lex talionis

As for his performance yesterday, it was the same old, same old. Antony tracks back but doesn’t do nearly enough as an attacking player to lock out Sancho and Pellistri from having a go. A huge disappointment.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Thankfully it should be an easier decision to bin him than Greenwood, because he's not nearly as good a player.

obesouro

Deary me. Why the feck is he still playing for
us if there is an ongoing police investigation going on?

Also the agent is clearly doing a smear job on the woman. She could well be lying but keep your mouth shut until the investigation has been concluded.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Who benefits from not releasing the clip? Greenwood would want it out, his missus would want it out, the club (a billion dollar company) would want it out...it would be leaked, hacked, whatever and find its way out with an immediate dissipation of all the drama and vitriol and people like Rachel Riley publicly condemning the club, it would have killed everything dead in its tracks.

Re the bolded, you get that applies to both sides here. You have zero knowledge of anything other than the audio we all heard. Hence why I go back to the point that the audio is the reason why the club could not bring him back into the fold.
The other party clearly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Antony and Bruno are the two biggest issues in our team, and two players whom, if we upgraded, would allow us to take a step forward. Technique aside, neither have any physical or qualities, which is the bigger issue. Neither have the strength to hold off PL opponents nor push away from one, or even two. It makes so much difference. With Bruno people here often malign his lack of dribbling. With Antony, it is speed. But their lack of power is a far bigger hindrance to them, and ultimately us.

Someone like Gerrard was no Iniesta. But having enough power to open up a game, push past an opponent, creates so much space and opportunity to use your real gifts in dangerous moments. I’d say this is the most important difference between Bruno and De Bruyne. With Antony, there are players like Grealish or Figo who were not rapid, but had power. Even smaller players like Messi - even with his amazing dribbling skills, the power he possesses is what allows him to make use of them.

If Antony and Bruno could push past opponents, it would transform us. Sancho too. He’s actually fast enough and skilful enough if he was only stronger. I see Foden go past players with ease, and stay gone. Rashford sticks out like a sore thumb in our team due to being the only one with anywhere close to elite athleticism, at least in front of the back 5. We are too easily nullified, and with Bruno and Antony - it affects the choices they make too. Bruno will try to rid himself of the ball as soon as possible if an opponent is in close proximity, while Antony will ignore opportunity to attack space behind a full back. It blunts us massively. They are both too weak, and they need to be upgraded quickly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thankfully it should be an easier decision to bin him than Greenwood, because he's not nearly as good a player.
But he actually cost us a huge financial outlay unlike Greenwood, so not sure the decision would be so easy. Otherwise we’d probably bin him anyway regardless of this case simply for being shit if he only cost us 15m, which is his truer value.

D-o-m-i-n-i-k

So we have a lost a 70-80m player (Greenwood), a 70m player is soon gone (Sancho) and 80m player is now in a questionable situation (Antony).

:lol: or :houllier: or :( ?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s cost us and arm and a leg. This club is something else. We could lose Sancho, Greenwood and Antony for little - two of whom cost a fortune and the other was worth a fortune. Not to bracket Sancho with them (IF this is true) as human beings but we really do somehow have a knack form attracting / harbouring bad eggs.

jasT1981

There was rumblings of this a few weeks ago but nothing more was said so I thought it was just twitter nonsense. But ffs. Not another one.

We have a serious issue with players in our squad.

Cassidy

What other party, read my post.
You are assuming his misses would want it out, but you have no idea whats in it.
I don't make assumptions I'm just saying there are things I do not know.

Boycott

Football wise he reminds me of how sometimes Thierry Henry would deliberately slow things down to a jog or a halt 1v1. But Henry would then go from 0 to 100MPH in a blink of an eye leaving the defender for dead. With Antony there's no acceleration. Slowness is his permanent state.

Erics_Collar

I look at the events and news of the last 24 hours as a good thing, in that it hopefully hastens the exodus of two shit wingers from our club that I hopefully never have to watch play football for us again.

klsv

I remember Antony being called a bitch, a shit player, him being used as a stick to beat ETH's "poor recruitment policy", must be his love child etc. Should be benched for Garnacho, Amad, Pellistri. All of that is fine. Then someone suggests he should be suspended until the allegations get solved, because of how serious they seems and it's mob justice and trial by social media and someone taping their own fingers and pouring paint on their head. Bless the women close to these cum trumpets.

tomaldinho1

You are assuming his misses would want it out, but you have no idea whats in it.
I don't make assumptions I'm just saying there are things I do not know.
In the same way you are making assumptions there is more to the tape. We both only know what is out there and have different views. Regardless, this is the Antony thread and it doesn't seem similar to the greenwood case in my opinion given what we know.

Cassidy

In the same way you are making assumptions there is more to the tape. We both only know what is out there and have different views. Regardless, this is the Antony thread and it doesn't seem similar to the greenwood case in my opinion given what we know.
I'm not I am taking what the club said at face value, there is zero assumption being made there from me
I also don't have a view by the way, other than I am not sure, on the balance I think he's likely guilty, but I am willing to admit I don't know