Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Back in the squad

Wilt

Out of all the pathetic ways people are trying to take digs at ten Hag during a rough period, this is by far the worst.
Calm down, I’m not having a dig. As already said “I like ETH”.

evil_geko

If you were an owner who had shelled out €95 million on the advice of the manager only to find he’s now worth feck all, what would your reaction be?….ie never mind Erik it’s only money?
I would use common sense and not fire the manager because how the feck would he know this would happen? What kind of logic are you using there? How is he at fault here ffs. :lol: Maybe next time we should get a manager with clairvoyant abilities!

lsd

The Oracle
Before any of that.

He was suspended the day accusations came out on 30th Jan 2022. He was arrested on 1st Feb and released on bail on 2nd Feb.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mason-greenwood-suspended-man-utd-26089309

Surely we now have to do the same with Antony or we will be showing a massive double standard?

Greenwood was suspended before he was even arrested let alone charged.

You would think so, amazing a similar situation would arise so soon.

I almost feel sorry for the people in charge of the club for once. They must be going not again no way

Wilt

I would use common sense and not fire the manager because how the feck would he know this would happen? What kind of logic are you using there? How is he at fault here ffs. :lol: Maybe next time we should get a manager with clairvoyant abilities!
As previously mentioned, the point being if he did know prior to signing. It’s all subjective. Hopefully truth will out and the club can move on.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If you were an owner who had shelled out €95 million on the advice of the manager only to find he’s now worth feck all, what would your reaction be?….ie never mind Erik it’s only money?
Probably not cost myself several millions more in severance pay and compensation to a manager who is doing a good job and further millions on a replacement manager.

Wilt

Probably not cost myself several millions more in severance pay and compensation to a manager who is doing a good job and further millions on a replacement manager.
Hope you’re right.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
We must suspended this Murphy character immediately until we can work out what his issue with the law is
I can only predict that his suspension will be handled terribly, leading to him becoming CEO for life, several unnecessary deaths, and Garnacho joining City for £8.50

FerociousCorgis

If this shit goes downhill just adds to one of the most ridiculous seasons I've ever seen. And the club sale still dragging on.

In Rainbows

Some of you are being really naive. The Greenwood case was different, but did not have a previous Greenwood case that made it a PR nightmare which put the club's image from neutral to a negative image. This Antony case does not have to be the same as the Greenwood case. United's image is tainted with how they responded to the Greenwood case, so from a PR standpoint this is the perfect opportunity for them to show United's image in a better light in how the club responds to domestic abuse cases.

This about sums it up

Oh I agree in normal circumstances, 100%. If I had been accused by one of a myriad of ex lovers I would expect my employer to back me up until the charges were made at the very least. Unfortunately though life is not so binary as what is right and wrong. There are other pressures here. If my employer had been recently dragged through the mud due to their handling of a similar case and were desperate to get some image back I can certainly see how they might put that first and play it safe. It's always shades of grey. Would suck for me, but I would understand it.

We can get this wrong in two ways. We back him, it turns out the evidence is damning and he's lying about what happened. He gets charged. The club management are done for, no way back. The PR will be off the scale negative. If however we suspend and it turns out he's innocent? Well he's pissed off and we maybe look bad to some for not standing up for our own, but the PR is ok and the management survive. Which do you think they will risk?

The case may be different in facts and evidence to Greenwood right now, but only on what we know. It's about risk, not reality.

fallengt

Greenwood was suspended before he was even arrested let alone charged.
Maybe because evidence was in public domain and it was hard to spin it?

In this case, witnesses are anthony's mum and club's doctor. It can go either way

pascell

If something was there. Why ETH and the scouting staff is being dragged into this? You want them to find out things that may not exist or something that police should investigate and find?
Do their due diligence on the player and his personality before bringing him into the club, see if there's going to be any distractions etc in the background.

Son

We sure do pick them recently to represent our club on the wings :houllier::lol:

You can’t account for idiots. If he’s done something really bad toss him.

It’s probably what he deserves given he doesn’t contribute to any sort of attacking threat and one of the biggest transfer flops of all time so far.

redNATION

If he’s been dropped by Brazil then don’t think we have much of a choice. I don’t think we’ll see him in a Utd shirt again. And people said this guy isn’t an attacking threat!!

Son

I’ve just seen the photos… If this is true he’s in serious trouble. I can’t see how he continues when Greenwood got panned for basically the same thing.

Hopefully Getafe need a second winger.

Performance talk only

stw2022

I’ve just seen the photos… If this is true he’s in serious trouble. I can’t see how he continues when Greenwood got panned for basically the same thing.

Hopefully Getafe need a second winger.
Nowhere near the same. Allegations of violence and sexual assault aren't the same thing.

Secondly everything was already known about. The only thing "new" is that she's repeating allegations previously made.

Police have had a this "evidence" for some time and they do not yet think it is sufficient to even charge him, yet many here are already determined he cannot play for club again.

Lyng

Nowhere near the same. Allegations of violence and sexual assault aren't the same thing.

Secondly everything was already known about. The only thing "new" is that she's repeating allegations previously made.
Quite frankly both should result in exit from the club.

Son

I don’t see much difference personally.

Smash someone’s face or body up it’s still behaviour that he should potentially go to jail for a few weeks for and definitely lose his job.

Oh he didn’t rape her though… Well done he’s still out the door and good riddance.

Kostov

I’d imagine Brasil are just covering their asses rather than having some smoking gun proof.

As it stands I don’t think United will (or should) do anything other than wait to see what the police do. Greenwood case they were put in a quandary because of the audio, this is much more standard (pics with no way of proving them, loads of messages that don’t seem to prove anything, otherwise it is one person’s word against another).
I think this is bollock and laughable in the year of 2023, audio can be fabricated just as much as photos and messages if that is part of the thinking. He was the English star boy and the media pressure was bigger IMO. On contrary Greenwood's partner stayed quiet after the initial public outing, in this case it seems like it's a rumbling news and yet to hit the headlines. By the looks of it, it will not end well either.

EDIT: just saw the threadmark. Sorry.

stw2022

I don’t see much difference personally.

Smash someone’s face or body up it’s still behaviour that he should potentially go to jail for a few weeks for and definitely lose his job.

Oh he didn’t rape her though… Well done he’s still out the door and good riddance.
Incredible you don't see a difference between hitting someone and raping them?

redIndianDevil

When it rains it pours. I think this is the best chance to step back and reset everything. The squad suddenly seems filled with unpleasant characters, chancers etc barring a few.

IMO the best way to fix us is to clear the squad, no more new contract extensions. No more signing players on exorbitant wages. Fix the wage structure first then we can somewhat easily handle player ins and outs. It would mean us being out of contention for top honours for some time but this is the best way to fix our club.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Police have had a this "evidence" for some time and they do not yet think it is sufficient to even charge him, yet many here are already determined he cannot play for club again.
I think people forget a huge part of the Greenwood thing was the audio and the images of his partner with bruises and black eyes.

flameinthesun

Based on previous cases both at the club and at other clubs I hope United and United fans wait for further developments before condemning or absolving.

Lyng

Charges where dropped for Greenwood. I dont want him to ever play for us again. I feel the same about Antony.

stw2022

The club position should be today what it was yesterday as the facts of the case today remain what they were yesterday

If he is charged I would expect him to be suspended.

stw2022

Charges where dropped for Greenwood. I dont want him to ever play for us again. I feel the same about Antony.
Antony has never even been charged. Nothing new has emerged in last 24 hours.

Telsim

Expecting him to be suspended at some point before the season resumes.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Look, you can't just write off players...Wait, no. You can't just write off PEOPLE because they are accused of something.

Domestic violence is huge problem. Physical and psychological violence.

But until we know the whole story - we got to look at the facts. A girl accuses Antony of beating her and posts a couple of pictures as evidence. Is this enough? Absolutely not.

Case 1 - Antony IS domestic abuser and he really beat and hurt this girl. If this is proven, it's in authorities hands. All Manchester United can do is release him from his contract and give a strong stance against domestic abuse.

Case - The girl is blackmailing Antony. They had a rocky relationship. But now he's famous Manchester United players. Why not make some money off him? As society we gotta realise that there are actually woman who do that. Right now it's very easy to use cancel culture to make money off some famous man. People are very quick to judge and jump to conclusions without sufficient evidence. That's why we have demoracy, that's why we have justice system. To avoid false allegations destroying people's lives.

Take for example the Johnny Depp case - "you are a man, nobody will believe you".

Antony said he is innocent. He admitted they used to scream and shout a lot at each other, but specifically said he never touched her.
If he is proven innocent, Manchester United and our fans should do everything in their power to back him.

Drizzle

Greenwood was clearly guilty. There's nothing like the same level of evidence with this case. He may be guilty but let's at least wait and see before coming to conclusions.

stw2022

Look, you can't just write off players...Wait, no. You can't just write off PEOPLE because they are accused of something.

Domestic violence is huge problem. Physical and psychological violence.

But until we know the whole story - we got to look at the facts. A girl accuses Antony of beating her and posts a couple of pictures as evidence. Is this enough? Absolutely not.

Case 1 - Antony IS domestic abuser and he really beat and hurt this girl. If this is proven, it's in authorities hands. All Manchester United can do is release him from his contract and give a strong stance against domestic abuse.

Case - The girl is blackmailing Antony. They had a rocky relationship. But now he's famous Manchester United players. Why not make some money off him? As society we gotta realise that there are actually woman who do that. Right now it's very easy to use cancel culture to make money off some famous man. People are very quick to judge and jump to conclusions without sufficient evidence. That's why we have demoracy, that's why we have justice system. To avoid false allegations destroying people's lives.

Take for example the Johnny Depp case - "you are a man, nobody will believe you".

Antony said he is innocent. He admitted they used to scream and shout a lot at each other, but specifically said he never touched her.
If he is proven innocent, Manchester United and our fans should do everything in their power to back him.

What gets me is that there's not even enough evidence for police to bring a case yet we've gone full on "he's essentially worse than Myra Hindley"

Steve Bruce

It doesn't look good, but we need to let the police do their investigation and see if it gets to court.

This country once upon a time was innocent until proven guilty. Already you see people condemning him without the facts to back it up. (Greenwood was different, it was going to court until key witnesses withdrew and it collapsed and we all seen the stuff put on the socials of what he done)

If he is found to have done it, then I hope he gets the full weight of the law coming down on him and his career at united ended. Violence against woman has to be dealt with severely.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Getting real tired of the circus that this club has become.