g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I gave up on Ray Donovan midway through season 4. Someone told me to pick it up and I'm very glad I did. Season 5 is possibly the best season of any show that I've seen.
High praise for the fifth season of a show. It made me want to start watching. I like Jon Voight in S1 so far.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
High praise for the fifth season of a show. It made me want to start watching. I like Jon Voight in S1 so far.
It's a great show. Every show has a dip and season 4 was it's low point, but I binged season 5 in 2 days and I never do that.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
@R.N7 I've been watching Trailer Park Boys recently, must be on season 3 now. I love it, it's formulaic as shit and I feel like there's no reason why I should like it so much but the characters are brilliant and some of the situations are hilarious. I love Bubbles.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
@R.N7 I've been watching Trailer Park Boys recently, must be on season 3 now. I love it, it's formulaic as shit and I feel like there's no reason why I should like it so much but the characters are brilliant and some of the situations are hilarious. I love Bubbles.
Nice!

Yeah, it's actually pretty hard to describe why it's so funny.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Watched a few Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. I don't really know why. Watched a couple and was sort of hooked.

But as it goes on, you realise more and more that Jerry Seinfeld is a bit a of a twat. I still can't decide if it's good. The Obama episode is definitely worth a watch out of all of them.

Number1

Finished 'Godless' last week, bit slow at first but really enjoyed it.

I'm watching 'The Punisher' right now, on about Ep5 at minute, it's ok but not enjoying it as much as Daredevil - Better than Jessica Jones though.

'Defenders' i gave up with on EP2, just couldn't get into it, not sure if that's because I've not watched 'Iron Fist' or 'Luke Cage' (aware of Luke Cage's character from Jessica Jones).

Last edited:

Jagga7

For anyone who is a fan of westerns, there is a new show called "Damnation" on Netflix, I'm half way through and it seems pretty decent so far.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Nice!

Yeah, it's actually pretty hard to describe why it's so funny.
Yea it's a bit like ravioli isn't it? No one wants to admit they ate 9 cans of ravioli. But I did. I'm ashamed of myself.

Recently watched through it all again. Possibly the funniest show I've ever watched. Even the new stuff, Tom Green in the tour of America season was great.

Loublaze

ATLien
Suburra: Blood on Rome. Italian crime series, Netflix original. Anyone watch this? Its really good and yes I know Gommorah comes highly recommended as well.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Upto season 2 episode 7 of Travelers and it's pretty good. Some obvious flaws and things which don't make sense but then again, does time traveling ever make sense?

Hope there ends up being a season 3!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
@SwansonsTache @pauldyson1uk one of you asked about Dark recently...

I've seen it. Didn't love it. The story/concept/characters/actors everything like that were fine but it's in German with sub-titles that fly by so fast, which is not ideal as there are a LOT of characters and plot threads, I kept getting confused. We tried dubbed, but it just sounded off... therefore, couldn't really get in to it.

Watching Altered Carbon now, seems decent.

pauldyson1uk

@SwansonsTache @pauldyson1uk one of you asked about Dark recently...

I've seen it. Didn't love it. The story/concept/characters/actors everything like that were fine but it's in German with sub-titles that fly by so fast, which is not ideal as there are a LOT of characters and plot threads, I kept getting confused. We tried dubbed, but it just sounded off... therefore, couldn't really get in to it.

Watching Altered Carbon now, seems decent.
Cheers for that , I have the dubbed version, Altered Carbn looks good , also sat on my HDD.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Let us know what the dubbed version is like please Pauldy, I still don't know which version I'm going to watch.
I watched the second half of it with dub. It's the lesser of two evils in this show's case because it makes the acting sound wooden, but at least you can keep up with the narrative.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Finished Banshee the other night. Really top class tv show. Loved every episode.
Lili Simmons :drool:

Agreed though, I found season one a bit OTT and laborous at times, and overly grim, but season two and three were fantastic TV with awesome fight and action scenes. Shame they cut the budget so much for season four and shortened the eps because it was a bit weak compared to the other seasons, but had a very good ending.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Finished Banshee the other night. Really top class tv show. Loved every episode.
I really liked it initially, but at some point everything just got too over the top for me.

Smores

I need a short show to replace Bojack and Rick and Morty, any suggestions?

Just started on mindhunter, very good

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I need a short show to replace Bojack and Rick and Morty, any suggestions?

Just started on mindhunter, very good
Ozark is pretty good and only has one season at this point.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I meant short as in episodes not series :D

Have been tempted by Ozark though
I watched Jean-Claude Van Johnson the other day and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Future Man is ridiculous but a decent bit of mindless fun too.

Andersons Dietician

I meant short as in episodes not series :D

Have been tempted by Ozark though
Big Mouth on Netflix is hilarious. Well worth a watch and I think they are like 20-30 minutes episodes.
It’s a cartoon but it’s about people going through puberty and there are Hormone monsters in it which are amazing. There is one episode that has a scene which is up there with Pickle rick.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Made a thread about it but Young Offenders on BBC Three is Derry Girls for people with an actual sense of humour.

Loublaze

ATLien
For anyone who is a fan of westerns, there is a new show called "Damnation" on Netflix, I'm half way through and it seems pretty decent so far.
I made a thread about it, but no one was watching. Is it on Netflix UK/where you are or could you be confusing it with the western limited series Godless which is a Neflix original? Damnation was a disappointment in the end for me, not a bad show but I had higher expectations. 5.5/10

Andersons Dietician

I made a thread about it, but no one was watching. Is it on Netflix UK/where you are or could you be confusing it with the western limited series Godless which is a Neflix original? Damnation was a disappointment in the end for me, not a bad show but I had higher expectations. 5.5/10
Just got added to UK Netflix like 2 weeks ago. Think I also read it has been cancelled so there will be no second season.

Andersons Dietician

Canceled indeed and not surprised. How did you rate it and have you seen AMC's the Preacher? That's a better show IMO.
I haven’t watched it yet but I think I saw the thread you made and I’ve meant to get around to it as it looked good. I’ll still give it a go. Preacher I did start watching but I kinda gave up around the time they went to New Orleans, Just couldn’t get in to it. Saying that having a hard time getting in to Altered Carbon. I keep getting distracted but it’s something I would have said is right up my street. I just have to keep going back and watching episodes as I keep missing stuff.