Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The Exoanse is fairly decent sci-fi. A bit slow at first but hits its straps by the end of S1 and S2 is great (so far).

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Currently watching Better Things, co-created by Pamela Adlon and Louis CK, about an actress and her struggles around balancing her work and her life as a single mom. I love Pamela Adlon, it feels somewhat as a Louie from a feminine perspective, I recommend it for anyone who enjoys that brand of comedy.

Verbalkint

Dark is among the best shows I've ever seen. It's probably been discussed here before but my word, it is twisted as hell! Do watch even if you don't know German and have to put up with subtitles. !00% worth it.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Dark is among the best shows I've ever seen. It's probably been discussed here before but my word, it is twisted as hell! Do watch even if you don't know German and have to put up with subtitles. !00% worth it.
Well. It's okay. As a German, I can say it's definitely probably the best German series ever created, but standards for that are woefully low. :lol:

Almost done with Westworld. :( Great stuff.

Loublaze

ATLien
The Assasination of Gianni Versace: American crime story season 2 premiered last night. It was a great watch. Im also looking forward to these upcoming shows

Loublaze

ATLien
Netflix have English overdubs for it im sure. In the audio options

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s fantastic. I’d recommend non-German speakers to go with the subtitled version rather than the dubbed one. Partly because dubbed versions of anything that’s not animated are crap but mainly because it’s important to learn names/surnames of the characters and subtitles make that easier.

Indnyc

Just finished watching End of the F***ing world on Netflix. The acting by the lead pair is great and the plot is pretty good.. 8 episodes, 20 minutes each

Loublaze

ATLien
Just watched the first episode. Really good episode.
The hue they used in the opening sequence and the opulence of Versace's south beach mansion reminded me of how the HBO film 'Behind the candelabra' was shot. Its about the eccentric pianist Liberace who died of complications from AIDS in the 80s, played by Michael Douglas. Matt Damon is in it too.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I’ve watched these Netflix shows recently and all very good.

- La Casa de Papel
- The Sinner
- The End of the fecking World
- Manhunt
- Mindhunter

Any other Netflix shows that have been added quite recently?
Sounds like some of your taste is similar to mine. I'd suggest Ozark. Bit weird to see Jason Bateman play a serious role at first but it's really good.

Also, if you haven't started Peaky Blinders yet - watch it. S4 was added recently so it's not a newer show but it's really good and unique.

DdeGoat

Currently watching Better Things, co-created by Pamela Adlon and Louis CK, about an actress and her struggles around balancing her work and her life as a single mom. I love Pamela Adlon, it feels somewhat as a Louie from a feminine perspective, I recommend it for anyone who enjoys that brand of comedy.
Brilliant show. One of my top 5 from last year. Sam and the two daughters -Frankie and Duke - are fantastic (Max is alright). Celia Imrie is very good in her role too. The 'Eulogy' episode in the second season was the best half hour of television of any show last year. 'Graduation' wasn't too far behind either.

JoaquinJoaquin

The hue they used in the opening sequence and the opulence of Versace's south beach mansion reminded me of how the HBO film 'Behind the candelabra' was shot. Its about the eccentric pianist Liberace who died of complications from AIDS in the 80s, played by Michael Douglas. Matt Damon is in it too.
I haven't seen that, but you have made me want to check if out now!

Norris

Binge watched Mindhunter on Netflix over the Christmas, excellent.
I just watched the first two episodes, but it felt like it was all over the place. Not sure if that's the Character being portrayed as such or one of those early season jitters in terms of uncertainty over the direction of the show.

Will pick it up over the weekend.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I just watched the first two episodes, but it felt like it was all over the place. Not sure if that's the Character being portrayed as such or one of those early season jitters in terms of uncertainty over the direction of the show.

Will pick it up over the weekend.
Stick with it.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Brilliant show. One of my top 5 from last year. Sam and the two daughters -Frankie and Duke - are fantastic (Max is alright). Celia Imrie is very good in her role too. The 'Eulogy' episode in the second season was the best half hour of television of any show last year. 'Graduation' wasn't too far behind either.
Yeah it's growing on me more and more with each passing episode. Pamela Adlon is sexy and fun, I'm in love with her.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Just finished watching End of the F***ing world on Netflix. The acting by the lead pair is great and the plot is pretty good.. 8 episodes, 20 minutes each
I've watched the first 2 or 3 and it hasn't really grabbed me yet.

DdeGoat

Yeah it's growing on me more and more with each passing episode. Pamela Adlon is sexy and fun, I'm in love with her.
Never knew of her work before, now I am head over heels for her. That voice. :drool: Connie Britton and she are my two older women crushes. Got in trouble by running my motor mouth and telling the girlfriend, "I hope you look like them when you are that age"

Loublaze

ATLien
Rewatched the last season of "Black Sails"... what a fecking great show.
I watched the first three episodes when it came out and haven't been back. I intend to though, will probably just start it over. Did you ever watch the 'Bastard Executioner'?

JoaquinJoaquin

Hey just noticed your 'location', Truth nightclub :lol:. I remember recommending Power to you (you heard of it but didn't watch it yet at the time). Good stuff!
You did. That was about 2 years ago now aswell! Great recommendation.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I watched the first three episodes when it came out and haven't been back. I intend to though, will probably just start it over. Did you ever watch the 'Bastard Executioner'?
Never heard of the "Bastard Executioner" but i like the title. Might gave it a look.

ps. you should definitely give Black Sails a second chance. Its gets better season after season. Promise. Last season was just :drool:

Loublaze

ATLien
Never heard of the "Bastard Executioner" but i like the title. Might gave it a look.

ps. you should definitely give Black Sails a second chance. Its gets better season after season. Promise. Last season was just :drool:
I will. Its already on my watch list on Hulu. Will watch a few eps tonight. I recommend Salem, if you haven't seen it. Show about witches, pretty dark.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I will. Its already on my watch list on Hulu. Will watch a few eps tonight. I recommend Salem, if you haven't seen it. Show about witches, pretty dark.
Yep, finished Salem already, quite enjoyed it. Loved the final episodes how they went full dark evil. Poor Cotton... :lol:

Dan

The Bastard Executioner is probably the worst show i’ve ever seen. I barely made it through the pilot episode.