Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Ollie Derbyshire

Waiting a week for a new episode was great. Everyone was on the same plane and you'd speculate all week what's gonna happen.

There's a lot of good stuff out but most of the "brilliant" and "must see" ones are plain trash though.
Just the other day I realized that it's been quite a long while since we've had a groundbreaking series to watch. GoT (first few seasons) was the last one I think.
Where's all the Sopranos, Losts and The Wires? Stranger Things started strong but turned into bubble gum.
Succession was the last great show for me. It’s a must watch.

MiceOnMeth

This is like asking where are the federers, nadals and djokovics of today's game. That period of the 00s was just a freaky one for classic shows.
Tried sopranos and the wire and they did nothing for me. Breaking bad and Game of thrones are the best ever for me

Eric_the_Red99

I recommend reading the books. I doubt the show will do Cixin Liu justice.
It’s the same deluded hacks who were behind Game of Thrones, so they probably think they can write a much better story than Liu. They’ve also cast Sam Tarly in it, which is a bad sign.

I really enjoyed the books, especially the second one (probably the most depressing and disturbing sci-fi book I’ve ever read) but those jokers are the last people I’d want handling something as cerebral and challenging as Three Body.

Fridge chutney

It’s the same deluded hacks who were behind Game of Thrones, so they probably think they can write a much better story than Liu. They’ve also cast Sam Tarly in it, which is a bad sign.

I really enjoyed the books, especially the second one (probably the most depressing and disturbing sci-fi book I’ve ever read) but those jokers are the last people I’d want handling something as cerebral and challenging as Three Body.
Uh oh, that does not bode well!

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Should I start watching Wheel of Time?

Busy with the first book, so maybe now is the time to watch it and not be disappointed in the show?

Or would I spoiler the books?
Not read the books but the show is worth watching, 2nd season was better than the first so that bodes well for the future.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Watched that Fool Me Once show on Netflix. Decent enough. After watching the recommendations where like 6 other mini series by the same author. Read up on him and the man pumps out at least 1 book a year for 30 years now and has 14 show deal with Netflix.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Watched that Fool Me Once show on Netflix. Decent enough. After watching the recommendations where like 6 other mini series by the same author. Read up on him and the man pumps out at least 1 book a year for 30 years now and has 14 show deal with Netflix.
A couple of episodes in and it seems undemanding and formulaic but entertaining popcorn TV.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Just watched season 2 of The Tourist. Meh at best.

Actually it was outright stupid with some terrible acting.

justsomebloke

We've become quite caught up (in between waiting for the next instalment of Fargo Season 5) in the American war of independence spy drama Turn. Really good plot and some memorable characters, fictional and historical both. It really gets going in season 2.

justsomebloke

Randomly put on first episode of LOUDERMILK and enjoyed it.

BERLIN is suffering from too much focus on the dull supporting characters and soppy romantic sub-plots.
Loudermilk really grew on me, binged my way through that during the summer. Waiting eagerly for the next season.

Gave up on Berlin Station (if that's what you're referring to here) midway through the second episode, just obviously pretty bad to me.

Loon

:lol:
Loudermilk really grew on me, binged my way through that during the summer. Waiting eagerly for the next season.

Gave up on Berlin Station (if that's what you're referring to here) midway through the second episode, just obviously pretty bad to me.
I was talking about the MONEY HEIST spin-off. I want to give BERLIN STATION a go because I like spy shows

justsomebloke

I was talking about the MONEY HEIST spin-off. I want to give BERLIN STATION a go because I like spy shows
Aaah....well, in that case I couldn't agree more when you complain about it overdoing things on the latino romance front. Oh God, the endless soliloquys.

Still found it worth watching though.

Don Juan Matus

We've become quite caught up (in between waiting for the next instalment of Fargo Season 5) in the American war of independence spy drama Turn. Really good plot and some memorable characters, fictional and historical both. It really gets going in season 2.
Never heard of Turn before, will have to give it a go, read a few reviews and it sounds like my kind of series, cheers mate.