Appointing Solskjaer was a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
A new manager won't fix anything. The problems at the club run deeper than at the manager level. Ed is the one who needs to be sacked.
This predominantly. It is still a major worry The lack of experience Ole has. But the major issue is the crop of players bought and the willingness to give out the huge wages. We have a bad attitude squad, like Chelsea had for a bit.

Should drop the entire first team squad and use the youths/reserves. Deplorable cnuts robbing a living here. Pogba, De Gea obvious decline, Alexis and Rom included with the Rojos and Darmian of the squad. feck them all out and start afresh. Not many true United lads in this squad.

But if this isn’t done right away, Ole will be gone by Christmas anyway.

TRUERED89

Turning on Ole already, atleast give him a preseason and his own signings, get the knives out next season, CHILL!

Jezpeza

To me, questionable selection today. However we have little left to play for and with our form having been riding on pogba rashford and martial as soon as they dip we would.

Look at the consistents - still no RW. Still shite like smalling and jones in defence. Matic is still not up to it. And thats bot to do with the manager

Reddy Rederson

And it’s still the manager :rolleyes:. It’s not the players, right? It’s not the show ponies only bring their A game when it suits them. Ole can be blamed for his team selection but it’s clear as Crystal the players and Woodward are the problem.

Pace Abuser

Lad ain't got a clue. With every top manager you see an identity immediately form even if the players are poor. Ole just plays haphazard shite with no semblance of any content.

Where has the high cb line, pressing fb's, sharp interchanging gone? It's back to hoof ball.

Web of Bissaka

No it's not.

Giving him 3 years contract is the mistake.

Club should've give him just 1 year contract plus extension option for next season, but then I already gave up trusting the higher club management team so that decision is not surprising.

acnumber9

This recent dip aside
Carragher called it quite well there on Sky. The three months we were good was the blip. This is the norm. Again, not Solskjaer’s fault, but this isn’t a dip. This is this team.

youmeletsfly

He needs the fecking players to perform until the end of the season or he'll be sacked 100%.
If we lose to City(we should ffs) and Chelsea it's 8 losses out of 10 games. Those are not stats for a manager to be backed during the summer window, no matter how big of a club legend you are.

His only mistake is his selection. I do not understand why it's that hard to play players in their position. Actually it comes from over analyzing opponents. He thought he's a smart ass and Paul would have a better impact on the right, especially with Rash there.

I don't understand why players like Pereira, Mctominay and hell, even Pogba(partially) can run their asses off but Lukaku, Martial and Rashford can't be arsed. Actually Rashford had this type of a sulk under Jose as well.

These garbage players need to be axed and the kids should play.

jem

He’s fine. Give him players that are a little bit better than fecking useless.
But I don't think they will do that, which is of course the problem. They'll be happy spinning Ole at the wheel hashtags and congratulating themselves for giving DDG a new 500k/salary.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How do you explain that? The same squad is capable of beating the best but can't beat Everton?
The reality is that at the time most people couldn't believe we'd got 2nd with the performances and needed major upgrades.
We didn't make them, and not surprisingly dropped off quite a bit.

NWRed

I can't see how anyone can blame Ole for the last few performances. He came in and lifted the mood of everyone, but it's obvious we have players lacking either the ability to play at the top level, the work ethic to get there, or are simply on the decline physically. Ole needs time, money and the support of the club.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That’s how footy works.

We beat PSG. We lose to Everton.

Man City batter most teams. Struggled with VAR to beat Swansea and lose to Wigan.
We deservedly lost to Everton, we got extremely lucky vs PSG. This CL tie has deluded us crazily. All things considered, we really shouldn't have gone through

Jim Reaper

Its not Ole. Its the squad being weak and the incompetence of the people above him.

Full stop

Castia

Lad ain't got a clue. With every top manager you see an identity immediately form even if the players are poor. Ole just plays haphazard shite with no semblance of any content.

Where has the high cb line, pressing fb's, sharp interchanging gone? It's back to hoof ball.

So it’s the tactics not the players? You must be joking.

These lot are a fecking disgrace and have been for years.

Paul_Scholes18

Time will tell how good Ole will be, but it is a worry that it is just getting worse and worse. We played our best football just after he took over from Mourinho. Then we had a period of getting narrow wins and grinding out results.
Now we are just being outplayed in all our games or fecking it up with simple errors.

We need to turn things around and I am not sure Ole is the man to do it.

A good transfer window is a must though regardless of our future manager.

acnumber9

Neville’s rant here is one of the concerns. Don’t sack him because he loves him to bits.

An emotional choice, and I think that poses problems if this goes on much longer.
He’s right that the players are a disgrace though. They were being excused by a lot of people for not trying under Mourinho because he was ‘mean’ to them. fecking hell, what’s the excuse now. A loss can be excused, a complete lack of any effort cannot. Not only do some of our fans excuse it our pathetic excuse of Chief Executive actively encourages the worst culprits with pay rises. Increases in salaries that mean that even if we wanted to sell them means nobody who’d want them could afford to pay them.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Granted the tactics were wrong today, stupidly light in midfield with high and wide isolated strikers was stupid. But the players are not great in general, too many average players!
Thier are to many average players, but even players we know to be good are playing shit, Pogba was trash, De Gea was trash. The main thing Ole did when he came in was inspire these players, thats finished. So what exactly is the point of keeping Ole?

We all agree we need a clear out and a change of culture at the club, but thats going to take years and is their any evidence that Ole and this board are the people to do this?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Forget Solskjaer or Woodward - a lot of people in this forum should step down as they're clearly no use to the club.

All of that giddiness from people demanding he get the job after three games, and throwing playground insults at anyone who disagreed. No wonder we're in the mess we're in.
That’s right because we have total influence over Ed’s decisions

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
:lol:

I told people a change of boss wouldn't change ANYTHING long term. But I was dismissed as 'a mourinho lover'.

Now already, results from a terminally problematic squad are already making people turn on solksjaer.

I told you so.
I really would love to hear Jose’s thoughts now. He’s probably be “I told you so” as well.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It’s not just the players who need a reality check
exactly

These players know that they are shit. They can't believe their luck that they ended up at United and will cheat their way to stay here. Time and time again we've witnessed them throwing the manager under the bridge just to extend their grace period here. They won't hesitate to do that with Ole as well.

Many keep portraying people like myself who want 6-7 new players in as transfer muppets. What these people seem to forget is that SAF himself went full transfer muppet mode when he got 10 players between 1988 and 1989. That was a time when squads were half the size they are now. You simply don't dilly dally with bad weed.

Sure some might fail to make an impact but that doesn't really matter at this point. The point is that by having so many players in we'll be getting rid of the deadwood + we'll be scaring the shit out of the current players who would know that if they don't perform they will be out. I mean look at this squad. What sort of message do you think we're giving when they notice that someone like Jones will probably be here for his testimonial game? Is that the way we're keeping players on their toes?

Mcking

The issue is the squad, irregardless of whether Ole is the manager or not.

Honestly, how many players starting today have the ability to play in a championship winning side? How many of them get into City or Liverpool’s side?

Miles off the required standard.
The same squad finished 2nd in the EPL last season.

fergieisold

Thier are to many average players, but even players we know to be good are playing shit, Pogba was trash, De Gea was trash. The main thing Ole did when he came in was inspire these players, thats finished. So what exactly is the point of keeping Ole?

We all agree we need a clear out and a change of culture at the club, but thats going to take years and is their any evidence that Ole and this board are the people to do this?
Well I’m not a knee jerk fan so I don’t think ole should go. He should be given time to take the team forward, whether he is the right person long term is uncertain.

Un4givableB

Oh boy here we go blaming the managers again. There’s only 1 common factor among the last few managers we had and it’s the players.
2nd place in the league and F.A Cup Finalist, yes Fecking useless.

Skills

Snitch
Real Madrid Circus and Man Utd Disneyland :wenger::D
Real Madrid are the most successful club in the world. They've won more European cups in the last 5 years than we've managed in 60 years. If they're a circus, maybe we need to go down that route too because they seem to know what they're doing.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
The issue with Solskjaer is that he's not a big enough name to demand the changes we need.

If we appointed Zidane or Pep (not saying we should/could) then the situation would be different because they'd instantly demand wholesale changes and the board would have to react. It feels like the board took a decision to appoint Ole to make their lives easier because they knew he wouldn't rock the boat.

Mourinho also had this issue and chose to make it public. It's not a good situation to be in.

Tarrou

we've created a platform for failure

at what stage are we going to stop blaming the manager and players for all this?

acnumber9

Oh boy here we go blaming the managers again. There’s only 1 common factor among the last few managers we had and it’s the players.
I don’t think many are actually blaming Solskjaer though. There’s a big middle ground between holding him responsible and thinking he’s the man capable of turning it around. He needs to show this summer that he can get rid of these players. And the club need to allow him to.

My concern always was that we may have appointed a man who will not challenge the board. I hope the fans make it clear that the manager is the one who matters and not continue to hero worship a group of players who have achieved nothing and care even less.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The same squad finished 2nd in the EPL last season.
That’s an acceptance of how bad we were and how much the others have caught up!

What next, mostly the same squad beat Ajax in the EL final?
Look where Ajax are even if they’re selling their best 2 players

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Doesn't really matter that much since the end result is the same. 6th place and knocked out of all competitions. We want someone that can take us forward and is he really the one to do that?
We could ask the same question of any new manager here. We've tried league proven managers, treble winners, CL winners etc. and nothing has worked. We should go all in on of our own and not rely on the latest sexy manager on the market, who would probably come here and disappoint anyway.

zenith

Ole is the right guy for the job . He has the right ideas and he'll do well going forward .

It's this rotten group of players like smaling young, matic lukaku, Sanchez and Jones that have stunk the place up and need to get out asap.

I could still live with smaling and lukaku as back up but the rest are just rotten

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Utd are run as a cash machine, not a football club.

Until you change owners and Woodward I don't see sustained long term improvement.

Problem isn't the manager, per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.