Music Arctic Monkeys

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
whatever they're turning into, it's their sudden rise out of the Sheffield quagmire towards musical stardom that history will keep in mind

hats off laddies

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Their drummer Matt Helders is on lead vocals for that song and it wouldn't surprise me if he wrote it. I hated it at first but now I've grown to like it. Eagerly anticipating their new album. Humbug was their best yet.

also looks like the album will be out 2/7/11 going on the document at 2:40
Dunno about that mate, I'd say that it's the American Calender indicating that it was recorded on the 7th of February.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
they've just put a video on their website with a new song, not too sure on it really, weak lyrics which is normally arctic monkeys strong point

Not a bad track, lyrics don't really matter that much on a track like that its supposed to be about feeling and tempo so keeping lyrically simple(ala red hot chilli peppers) is whats to be expected.

If thats the standard for the new album i'm looking forward to it despite not being a huge fan of theirs.

Masterplan

AKA united07
Their drummer Matt Helders is on lead vocals for that song and it wouldn't surprise me if he wrote it. I hated it at first but now I've grown to like it. Eagerly anticipating their new album. Humbug was their best yet.

Dunno about that mate, I'd say that it's the American Calender indicating that it was recorded on the 7th of February.
ahh yeah never thought of that, hopefully the album is out sooner then

Zen

Since theres been an American influence on their music, they've been better. Never liked the first album, the next two were terrific though. This sounds fine for a lead single too.

Masterplan

AKA united07
Since theres been an American influence on their music, they've been better. Never liked the first album, the next two were terrific though. This sounds fine for a lead single too.
i dont think you'll find that many people who will agree with you, especially on the point that the first album was the worst.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
they've just put a video on their website with a new song, not too sure on it really, weak lyrics which is normally arctic monkeys strong point

Meh. Sounds like they wanted to make a Song for the Deaf era Queens of the Stone Age song but failed and made a bland nothing.

Masterplan

AKA united07
they have announced details of their next album, "Suck it and see", coming out the 6th of June

Tracklist
01. She's Thunderstorms
02. Black Treacle
03. Brick by Brick
04. The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
05. Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
06. Library Pictures
07. All My Own Stunts
08. Reckless Serenade
09. Piledriver Waltz
10. Love is a Laserquest
11. Suck It and See
12. That's Where You're Wrong

piledriver waltz is also on alex turner's EP for the film 'submarine' which comes out on monday, but has been leaked online today anyway

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise
they have announced details of their next album, "Suck it and see", coming out the 6th of June

Tracklist
01. She's Thunderstorms
02. Black Treacle
03. Brick by Brick
04. The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
05. Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
06. Library Pictures
07. All My Own Stunts
08. Reckless Serenade
09. Piledriver Waltz
10. Love is a Laserquest
11. Suck It and See
12. That's Where You're Wrong

piledriver waltz is also on alex turner's EP for the film 'submarine' which comes out on monday, but has been leaked online today anyway
i just downlo......errrrrrrr.......popped to shop and bought the EP :nervous:

Lynk

I shall transport myself to thepir.....ummm the future and "obtain" Submarine.

EDIT: Very good so far.

EDIT 2: I fecking love this EP, absolutely wonderful.

Widnes

I got to say I didn't get into the third album that much I think they maybe going to far away from what made them great with the first 2 albums but have to respect artists that try new things and always loved Blur for that.

Although I thought Cornerstone was a brilliant track on the third album and one of their best.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Listened to the Submarine OST the other day...Didn't really like it...Perhaps was expecting too much but I felt it was a bit ordinary for Turner's standards. Nothing stood out for me.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Listened to the Submarine OST the other day...Didn't really like it...Perhaps was expecting too much but I felt it was a bit ordinary for Turner's standards. Nothing stood out for me.

Still not got round to hearing that yet.

Lynk

I really liked Submarine, it just didn't have an instant impact with me. It's one of those EP's which takes 3-4 listens to grasp fully. "Glass in the park" is fantastic, the highlight of the album for me.

MikeUpNorth

I think the single is pretty poor.

I've never got the Arctic Monkey's hype. Pretty much every one of their tracks sounds like a naff novelty song to me.

RedNome

I think the single is pretty poor.

I've never got the Arctic Monkey's hype. Pretty much every one of their tracks sounds like a naff novelty song to me.
Mike, go stand in the corner.

MikeUpNorth

It might be partly that. 'Now then mardy bum'... feck off. I can't stand 'oh, look at us we write songs like we speak, in cute little regional dialects.

RedNome

It might be partly that. 'Now then mardy bum'... feck off. I can't stand 'oh, look at us we write songs like we speak in cute little regional dialects.
They were about 12 when the wrote that Mike, a little slack maybe?

MikeUpNorth

It's not the pronunciation I have a problem with, it's the twee language they use. Like I said, it sounds like a novelty song.

Red_Jamie

"suck it and see" is available for errrrrrrrrr.....download
Just came here to make a thread! I can't find the link to the leak (i'll still buy the album when it's out so don't need to feel guilty!)

Any chance i can have a link to the torrent? (PM if you'd prefer)
:angel:

Masterplan

AKA united07
hmm now the dilemma whether to listen to it now, or wait another 3 weeks till it actually comes out...

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Link to this abhorrent torrent so I can report to the authorities please?

Lynk

Few tricks were slightly meh, but I'll probably grow into them. It doesn't strike me as an instantly infectious album but a grower like Humbug.

Edit: Best tracks so far are Hellcat Spangled Shalalala, Library Pictures, All my own stunts, Piledriver Waltz.

Masterplan

AKA united07
library pictures might not have the best lyrics on the album, but its probably my favourite one so far after a couple of listens all the way through