Music Arctic Monkeys

Sally Cinnamon

I have to say he is the most talented writer of a generation, brilliant band and even his side band Last of the shadow puppets made a great album.
Plus his debut solo EP was great.

The Last Shadow Puppets intend to make a new album too.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

New song they've been playing, can't wait for the new album

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Absolutely love Arctic Monkeys, and everything that Alex Turner has done on his own has been fantastic too.

Lynk

Another new song they played live. Sounds totally different to their usual sound but I love it.

Liam147

On Probation
Don't know why, but there's loads of their b-sides I'd not heard a week ago. The list includes Matador, Electricity and top of the list - Fright Lined Dining Room. Three fantastic songs (particularly the last), no idea how they never made it onto an album. They could make a compilation album as good as their other four of b-sides.

I also like the first new one they played (name escapes me), just waiting for a studio version. I'll listen to that in a bit. Is it like the one they played recently? With their new album coming out soon I imagine this album could be a bit like Humbug.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Don't know why, but there's loads of their b-sides I'd not heard a week ago. The list includes Matador, Electricity and top of the list - Fright Lined Dining Room. Three fantastic songs (particularly the last), no idea how they never made it onto an album. They could make a compilation album as good as their other four of b-sides.

I also like the first new one they played (name escapes me), just waiting for a studio version. I'll listen to that in a bit. Is it like the one they played recently? With their new album coming out soon I imagine this album could be a bit like Humbug.
Nettles is good too. I think that's a B-Side.

Liam147

On Probation
Liked it from the first time I heard the crappy live version. Really good song. The other one I heard I wasn't quite as keen on, but that might change when I hear the studio version.

Sounds very much like a slowed down R U Mine.

Lynk

Offt. Love it. Not so keen on the vid mind.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Reminds me a lot of R U Mine, kinda sexier sound to it though. I like it.

Lynk

The titles sound a bit naff, but it should be good.

R U Mine's inclusion is a pleasant surprise.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Looks like this will be the album cover. Can't wait.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don't like it really. Sounds bland and unenergetic. Doesn't suit them.

Am I allowed to admit that, or will I now be descended upon by people telling me Arctic Monkeys are the greatest band ever because the lead singer's word smithery is unparalelled in the known universe?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Their last album was awful, to be fair. They need to win me back over with some proper tunes.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I only liked two songs, and one of them I only liked because it was so bad it was funny (brick by brick).

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Noodle is never happy with anything though.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Too many people like boring, pretentious sounding music. That's what the problem is.

I've also been subjected to the Maccabees and Two Door Cinema Club in recent times, and a friend wanted me to go with them to Berlin to see The XX. At least the Arctic Monkeys actually have some good songs which are distinguishable from one another, rather than sounding like the produce of some drugged up depressed photography student.

I mean, at the moment you'd still go to an Arctic Monkeys gig to dance and have fun, rather than to contemplate slitting your wrists, but they're heading dangerously in the wrong direction, imo.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Too many people like boring, pretentious sounding music. That's what the problem is.

I've also been subjected to the Maccabees and Two Door Cinema Club in recent times, and a friend wanted me to go with them to Berlin to see The XX. At least the Arctic Monkeys actually have some good songs which are distinguishable from one another, rather than sounding like the produce of some drugged up depressed photography student.

I mean, at the moment you'd still go to an Arctic Monkeys gig to dance and have fun, rather than to contemplate slitting your wrists, but they're heading dangerously in the wrong direction, imo.
That's a bit harsh, Arctic monkeys change their style in each and every album so if they had an album I didn't like I wouldn't worry much because I will love the next one, until now they always surprise me by having great albums each time.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We'll see. I stand by my people liking boring pretentious music statement. Otherwise Morrisey wouldn't exist.

Liam147

On Probation
I don't like it really. Sounds bland and unenergetic. Doesn't suit them.

Am I allowed to admit that, or will I now be descended upon by people telling me Arctic Monkeys are the greatest band ever because the lead singer's word smithery is unparalelled in the known universe?
You can admit that, but it doesn't stop you being wrong. It's a cracking song.

Their last album was awful, to be fair. They need to win me back over with some proper tunes.
This is as close to being factually wrong as one can be, without actually being so.

This I agree with. They should turn back time to when they were 18 again, and relive the Sheffield club scene.

Pull your head out yer arse, noods.