Are you disappointed by Evra for asking the club to let him leave? (poll)

Are you disappointed by Evra for asking the club to let him leave?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Would you consider all 3 legends (Rio, Vidic, Evra)

I think I would. I havent always loved Rio due to his antics. But now that he is gone I will miss him too.
I think so too, I would argue that the three of them were part of one of the best defensive units we've ever had as a club, possibly the best ever.

Strike

A sad day, Evra has been a fantastic servant to the club and will be sorely missed.

SoCross

Sad seeing him go. Really epitomised us. Wonderful character, great player.

Loony BoB

:( Gutted. I voted disappointed just now. Not disappointed in his integrity or love for the club, but disappointed to see him go, because I feel we are lesser without him. A true United legend, and somehow still without a testimonial. I'm starting to think United might want to change who they give out testimonials to. Make it something like...

10 Seasons Played
OR
9 Seasons Played, 5 Trophies Won
OR
8 Seasons Played, 8 Trophies Won

Something like that. These players don't come around every year. I hate it when they leave on 8-9 seasons and we don't get to see a proper send off for them when they have been so dedicated to us and so integral to the sides that won us so many trophies.

Last edited:

Acole9

Outstanding
Farewell Pat you have been a loyal and wonderful servant to our club thank you, you will be missed.

Hamadovich86

I cant really blame Pat for wanting to move on. He wants to start and with the arrival of Shaw he was probably not going to. Not sure where he stacks up in Juventus' pecking order but I respect his decision. He understood the club and fought for the shirt every time he was on the pick he hasnt been at his best for the past few seasons but for me he is absolutely a United legend and will be remembered fondly by the fans. Thank you Evra for giving it your all during your time at United.

Widnes

I think he knows he has limited time left in his career to play at the top and when your current club pays £30m for a 19 year old who plays in your position when we don't have any CL football this season I think he knows he isn't in their plans. He has been a great player and a great servant but we have clearly moved on from him already this season it would be wrong for us to expect him to just want to stay as cover at this point and give advice to his young replacement. The man wants to play football while he still can.

caid

Can we cull the yes people?
I nearly voted yes, didn't really read the question properly initially.
Im not dissapointed in him, but i am dissapointed. Maybe a few made a similar mistake.

Understand why hes going though and wish him the best of luck. Hope juve are good to him.
Have no doubt he could be very good for them for a couple of years if they look after him.

Anyway, onwards and upwards for us hopefully :)

Al-T

A fine player for United, and part of an excellent defensive unit when he, Ferdinand and Vidic were at their pomp.

Signs in the last couple of seasons though that he has been losing his edge so I would rather see him move on and remember him positively than see him deteriorate into error in a position that for seven seasons he had made his own.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
My favourite player.....gone but never forgotten. At times in his career with us the best LB in the world. Good Luck Patrice.
He was never at any point better than Ashley Cole but he was very good for 3-5 years. A fantastic servant who loved the club and was a real leader on and off the pitch. Sad to see him go.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
The man was a legend.
Got the club, got the fans understood the passion.

He dealt with the Suarez affair with a lot of dignity and that celebration at the end of Liverpool at home 2012 was his way of saying thanks.

He deserved to go on his terms.

Water Melon

Nothing but utmost respect to Pat. He is a legend, who would always fight for his team mates and the club. I hope he wins scudetto in Italy. No hard feelings for his decision to leave, but its a sad day.

Get In Scholesy

Love him for everything he brought to this club. A fantastic servant, even when he wasn't performing to his beastly standards on the pitch what he brought off the pitch was priceless. True leader. Miss him already. Legend? I definitely think so.

herokiller84

How could you begrudge the wee legend anything?

He gave his all was up there as the best in his position for a season in the world,he showed nothing but respect to the club and love to us fans.
We all rounded in his hours of need,which he clocked up, but in my eyes hes one that didnt take it,i.e the chelsea scummy racist poptart and good aul luis "i never did nothing ever to any one swear to god" suarez.
The integrity behind Paddy is what ill remember and that beaming grin.
That and always wanting to stick it to the dippers.

Good Luck Patrice and thank you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Love him for everything he brought to this club. A fantastic servant, even when he wasn't performing to his beastly standards on the pitch what he brought off the pitch was priceless. True leader. Miss him already. Legend? I definitely think so.
Getting the upper hand on Suarez in the ultimate grudge game, and taunting him by celebrating in his face at the end was his most epic moment.
Kept his head in the game after a racist who abused him had refused his handshake! Still shocked by that.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Not in the slightest.

Would have been great to have him and Shaw playing together, but you can't expect him to play a bit part. I think he could have still had a lot to offer, if we'd been able to control his game time rather than being forced to play him for 90mins of every game.

Plus I admire any player who stays at one club for so long. I think it's a good thing when you achieve so much in your career, yet your highest transfer fee was £5.5m.

Fbh112

squelchy shoes
Not disappointed as he deserves to play as much as he can. Sorry to see him go though and he'll be a miss. Not many players that get the club like he did or are as passionate. Shame that his defensive solidity deteriorated towards the end. Only slight blot on his incredible years at the club. Going to be weird this season coming with him, Rio or Vidic at the back.

Interesting read, Duncan Castle interview/article from 2008-

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dunc...ngry-but-anger-made-me-a-be/10152555088573057

Last edited:

fallengt

Never forget your amazing goal against Bayern Munich , it gave us hope and everything for like 26 second... Damn ya, Paddy. We've missed you already.

KeaneSixteen

"All they can talk about is Manchester United."
I've been one of Evra's harshest critics over the last couple of years, last season especially, but I'm really going to miss seeing him lining up for United. It's probably the best time for him to go and I hope he gets another couple of successful seasons out of Juve. Bon chance, Pat x

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Great player with a great attitude, left the club in a very professional way after doing more than enough over the years. Will be remembered fondly.

----------------

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Slartibartfast

Wonderful player & a great pro - time moves on, he deserves all the luck in the world for his final contract & should go with the support & blessing of every united supporter. Hope he gets back to Old Trafford in Europe before his career is over & gets a wonderful standing ovation - he earnt it

Blue always red

Didn't think I would feel so bad when he finally went but it's dawned on me I'll no longer see him. He was a proper down to earth human and seemed a real nice guy. Will never forget him telling Park he owes him money for passing to him and letting him score :lol:

Gannicus

No disappointments for me. Patrice was a great servant of the club and it was time for him and his family to move on. But if he had wanted to stay another season I would have been thrilled about that.

As it is, it's all on Shaw now.

Mister Ed

The weird thing about this move is that he leaves us for a club where he isn't going to be a guaranteed starter either. He might just be trading a bench on OT for one in the Juve stadium. On top of that, alot of their fans aren't really happy to see him coming, best way to say it is that they aren't bothered to much by it, because he is on the cheap and they see him as an experienced back up but nothing more than that, they seem to be assuming that he won't play alot there either. So what he going to leave us to play a handfull of games more in Italy for a crowd that won't appreciate it as much as we do for the last 2 years of his career ? Just a weird move, don't get it at all. If he wanted to play all the time he should have made a move to a smaller club imo.

pauldyson1uk

One of United greats in my book, did an excellent job, mad has a box of frogs.
But his time was up,he wants regular first team football and he was not going to get it here, Juventus will be good for him, wish him well.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I voted yes, but maybe disappointed isn't the right word. Sad to see him go for shaw, but can't blame him for wanting to move onto different things when he's about to number 2 to a 18 year old for his last season or 2 at a club he's given a lot for. Definitely a United Legend.