Television Arrow | Ending on Season 8

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Smallville Mk 2

Becoming a bit too dark every episode too.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Honestly the last few episodes have been really enjoyable.Specially the Island parts with the new girl introduced there.It'll never a classic TV show but it's ok for me, I keep watching and I enjoy it.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
So, 1 episode left in this series, I've really enjoyed it. Probably not for everyone though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I was dabbling in and out but once Crixus was introduced as Deathstroke, it got my attention! The bellend that plays Arrow will be Grey in the 50 Shades Of Grey film.

rcoobc

I was dabbling in and out but once Crixus was introduced as Deathstroke, it got my attention! The bellend that plays Arrow will be Grey in the 50 Shades Of Grey film.
He's ruled that out now

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I think he's a good Arrow, shite Oliver Queen though, but then again this Queen isn't a millionaire playboy, he's a mentally disturbed vigilante. I don't really know how he's meant to act tbh.

Ekeke

I think he's okay at best, but he's absolutely useless in the flashbacks. I'm talking about his personality and believability, nothing else. We're to believe that idiot with the purposefully changed way of speaking from the "Now" Oliver Queen is a playboy? He's retarded thats what he is. But hopefully most of the island stuff is over now.

Anyway onto the most recent episode. About half way through and its good, its damn good...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The last episode (23) was the finale no ? Because I think it was best of the entire season, I really enjoyed watching it.
I would recommend this show for the people who want to pass time and do not necessarily expect an all time great.

Ekeke

Yes that was the finale and it was really good on the whole. However... And this is a rant because out of all the bad choices the producers have made, from changing DC origins of characters, to inventing characters, to casting people who arent very good, I'm concerned that their biggest poor choice was made in the finale.

Super short term thinking imo. Tommy and Malcolm carried the show with their acting and now they're gone for series 2. All the potential of the tension between Tommy and Oliver, gone. What a waste. I've read some stupidity about "Oh but Tommy stayed noble till the end and it wouldnt make sense for him to descend to darkness" which is silly. That could easily have been the best storyline on the show. Yes he was a good guy who was shocked by Oliver's actions but people grow and change based on what happens in their lives and things like his father dying, losing Laurel and plenty of other things could have sent Tommy on the path of destruction.

Now there's a heck of a lot of room in series 2 for the other characters, but the casting was so medicore compared to Malcolm and Tommy that I have no faith in the likes of Oliver and Laurel actually taking Tommy's death and making their characters far more interesting. It's like betting on a one legged horse. There's still the inherant potential from the DC universe of bringing in good actors playing villains with even more potential than Malcolm/Dark Archer. And with Thea consistantly referred to as "Speedy" perhaps (comic book spoilers) she'll have a minor sidekick role as Speedy while Roy Harper could actually skip the "Speedy" and "Red Arrow" timeline and possibly even go straight into being "Arsenal" which would imo make sense because otherwise you run the risk of having too many archery and arrow based characters (Merlyn and Green Arrow this series, Speedy AND Red Arrow? Why?) but I'm not sure how effective they could make Arsenal before it became The Arsenal Show feat. Green Arrow. So maybe he'd be lame anyway. My fear is that series 2 will be Slade/Deathstroke as the main villain or at least the hired gun of the main villain. While obviously Deathstroke is awesome, the guy playing him isnt a good enough actor by a longshot for them to have killed Tommy and then have tension between Slade and Oliver instead. That would be a ridiculous choice but its so likely right now. All in all some short sighted decisions that may make the series 1 finale memorable, but looks like its seriously crippled the longterm potential of the show as far as I'm concerned. Malcolm was always likely to be a gonner and that would have made a huge difference, but now Tommy on top... The cast just lost over half its acting talent and I'm not sure it can come back from this

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Agree with you Ekeke about Tommy and Malcolm. Especially seeing as I thought Tommy going down the dark route was nailed on as it progressed through the series.

rcoobc

The season finale is epic. Seriously really good.

A lot of the newspapers were laying into Arrow's penultimate episode, claiming it took away the momentum of the show, but they seemed to have been mistaken!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just finished watching the last episode and enjoyed it up until Laurel that dumb feck decided to go bimbo and become the damsel in distress. She is such an annoying character and her final actions in this episode made me hate her even more.

Ekeke

Laurel has a weird chin.

Arrow Scoop: Summer Glau Joins the Cast in Season 2

Jul 10, 2013 03:01 PM ET
by Natalie Abrams
3 Comments

Summer Glau
Summer Glau is on Oliver Queen's list!
Continuing with Arrow's penchant for welcoming geektastic familiar faces, the show has tapped Glau in a recurring role for Season 2, TVGuide.com has learned.
Arrow's second season to feature two villains

The 31-year-old actress will play the enigmatically beautiful and professionally dangerous Isabel Rochev, Vice President of Acquisitions of Stellmoor International, a company looking to take over Queen Consolidated. In the comics,
Isabel, also known as The Queen, went on to become the CEO of Queen Industries long after the death of Robert Queen (Jamey Sheridan), whom she believed she loved. And since Isabel's comic book counterpart had it out for both Moira Queen (Susanna Thompson) and Oliver (Stephen Amell), they may need to watch out.

Isabel made a blink-and-you'd-miss-it cameo during the first season, when her name appeared in Robert Queen's book of corrupt people that Oliver had been taking down since he left the island. Could this mean she's
one of the two villains
executive producer Marc Guggenheim teased would be in Season 2?

Glau, who will make her Arrow debut in the Season 2 premiere, is best known for her roles on Firefly, Dollhouse and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. She joins an impressive list of genre castings on the series, including Torchwood's John Barrowman, X-Men's Kelly Hu, Spartacus' Man Utd Bennett, Fringe's Seth Gabel and Doctor Who's Alex Kingston, among others.

The second season of Arrow premiere Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 8/7c on The CW.

Great to see Summer in another good show

Here's a description of the character in the comics from comicvine. Dont read it if you want a surprise, I guess :

Isabel Rochev is from a small village in Siberia, where she lived a life of servitude ,working in a diamond mine. When the head of Queen Industries, Robert Queen, came to her village, she was inspired by the man, who she saw as a symbol of ones inner power. She fell in love with him and whilst he may or may not have loved her, she found him a great source of inspiration and vowed to make something of herself and rise from her humble status as a slave girl.
She achieved this goal when, many years later, as well as after the death of Robert Queen, she became the new CEO of Queen Industries, having brought large numbers of shares in the company, though many smaller organizations that she owned. Her goal was, and still is to make the name of Queen Industries great again, after the company had continuously lost profit and support for many years. She would soon begin to provide her own personal private security forces to Star City, as the corrupt bureaucrats of the city, who were desperate to try to keep control of the population, after hundreds were left homeless in the wake of the events of Cry For Justice. With much of Star City destroyed, Isabel soon began to increase her influence over the city and become closer to power.
Isabel is a somewhat eccentric individual and often wears a mask to hide her face. She also believes herself to be the true heir to Queen Industries and the true love of Robert Queen’s life. This gives her her single minded nature and she is also know to wear the jewelry of Robert Queens wife, specifically her wedding ring. Now “The Queen” of Queen Industries, she desires nothing more than to make the company’s name great again and see the disgraced son, Oliver Queen killed, by whatever means necessary.

rcoobc

No! Keep her away from it! She can't kill Arrow too!!!

In all seriousness she's lovely.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Excellent start to the second season.

Kostur

海尔的老板
So, anybody watched the last episode ? Didn't expect Ra's al Ghul to be involved ( as I've never read the Green Arrow comics to be fair ) and definitely not his daughter. Seeing how a bit boring at times the first season was ( especially mid-season ) I must say that so far in, second season's damn good.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I enjoyed the first season, and would call this one a definite improvement. Same boat as you Kostur in regards to the comics, I was fairly taken aback by Al Ghul.

Ekeke

Well I seriously doubt Talia will be in it, just a small cameo story with Ra's to introduce the Black Canary. Speaking of BC, I hope they aren't going to make it so that she has to use a lame device for her Canary Cry like this episode. With metas/heroes and villains with superpowers coming into the show it would be silly for them to change how she works.

As for Ra's in the comics,
the only connection I know of is that "Merlyn" (Tommy Merlyn in the comic, the man who taught Green Arrow how to be an archer and then his main enemy) he worked with the League of Assassins, Ra's assassin army. So did Bronze Tiger, the guy from the previous episode with the claws although Bronze Tiger has a longer history with them. And I just read that Merlyn was recruited as a tutor for Damian Wayne, Talia Al Ghul's son

This is all before DC's New 52 overhaul where a lot of things changed, plus Arrow changes a lot of things anyway. But there are some slight connections I guess.

Ekeke

"Arrow" star Stephen Amell commented on the casting to TVLine, saying, "Everything on the show so far, be it Tommy Merlin (Colin Donnell) not becoming the Dark Archer or Thea Queen (Willa Holland) being called Speedy in the pilot, but then the introduction of Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) or even Malcolm Merlin (John Barrowman) really being the Dark Archer, everything on the show is designed to take your expectation and take the comic lore and maybe flip it on its head a little bit.""
feck that

rcoobc

Haven't watched any of this season but we're behind on our TV watching

Lastwolf

it's really subtle but I really liked when he jumped into shots in this latest episode, it was very comic booky. His buddy team up with det. Lance was weird, they traveled to multiple locations together, I'm not sure the mascara would have concealed his identity in a car ride.

KM

I'll say it again but this season has been very good.

They've dealt with everything quickly and the writing has definitely improved.

rcoobc

I'll say it again but this season has been very good.

They've dealt with everything quickly and the writing has definitely improved.
I've only watched the first three episodes but I agree this season has been excellent! Its had it's bad moments but mostly dealt with everything to a level I'm very happy with

Ekeke

Well for me that was the best one yet this series, for a couple of simple reasons

Firstly, Merlyn isnt dead! Vertigo might be... I really dislike the idea of them killing off well known DC villains because I want them to return and have bigger storylines. However, their version of Count Vertigo has to this point been pitiful. So if someone is dead, I dont really care if its him. Also they're getting on with Deathstroke's story on the island so we might not be too far off seeing him appear off the island. And Brother Blood also looks like he's getting ready to do work in person. The part with Thea being Malcolm's daughter? I dont know, I feel like Oliver "killing" Malcolm, stopping half his plan and killing his son is more than enough story for Merlyn to come back and doesn't need a parenting storyline.

LonelyFire

Will be watching last nights episode tonight, but im really enjoying this series.

Has its moments of pure unadulterated cheese, but its fun to watch. Be interesting to see the story arc over the course of the season.

KM

Another spoiler for today. Just read it somewhere else.

Brother Cyrus=Cyrus Gold=Solomon Grundy perhaps?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Another spoiler for today. Just read it somewhere else.

Brother Cyrus=Cyrus Gold=Solomon Grundy perhaps?

I've read somewhere about it already so yea, it's probably true.

I'm also wondering when they'll finally introduce Red Arrow.

Ekeke

Another really good episode. So glad my fears after the finale last series havent come to be. I still miss Tommy but they've added some strong performers and I thought this week's cameo was good and I can see why they were impressed with
Barry Allen
on the set of Arrow and wanted to make it a longer storyline than he was originally going to be involved in. Glad Laurel wasnt in it too.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Aye, I'm really enjoying latest episodes and as you said, introduction of
Flash
will make even more interesting, granted they keep him. I suppose that we're soon to see
Red Arrow
as well as the plot about him seems to gather speed too.