Television Arrow | Ending on Season 8

Ekeke

err

Well Cyrus will obviously become Solomon Grundy now. Dont like this, why do they have to make his origin during the show when he has nothing to do with it. If they wanted him in the show just have him enter as the monster he becomes. Dont make him a 3rd rate street thug.

And giving Deathstroke enough strength to punch through someone's guts? Surely that'll negate his need for weapons, which he's known for. I just dont see the need when he's known for his almost unrivalled skill with weapons

Kostur

海尔的老板
You're so negative Ekeke!

Flash and Red Arrow are just around the corner now, with Deathstroke preparing an army it's just matter of time before they join Green Arrow, absolutely fantastic episode if you ask me, of course, bar the things you've mentioned. I'm sure they'll fix thing or two so DS is not overpowered

I love where this is going btw.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This season has been a bit amazing. Love how they don't feck around and don't take ages to move stories forward.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I'm struggling to get through the first season. The only thing keeping me going is that the second season is supposedly amazing.

Goooose

I'm struggling to get through the first season. The only thing keeping me going is that the second season is supposedly amazing.
That's what made me finish the first season. I'd lost interest months ago, but me mate kept banging on about it. Only seen 5 episode of season 2, but it's already moving at a faster pace.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This season has been a bit amazing. Love how they don't feck around and don't take ages to move stories forward.
Exactly what I thought so too, for instance I was afraid it was gonna take ages with Flash and the sequence that was gonna lead to him having powers.
Man Utd Bennett as Slade is perfect, he has some presence.

Ekeke

I like the 2nd season on the whole, but I dont think you should force yourself to watch season 1 just because you heard the 2nd is good. Its mostly the same with more cameos from DC characters. If you dont like the first season you're not likely to like the second.

Man Utd Bennett makes me think more of Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid than Deathstroke

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm really enjoying everything about this season so far. Not entirely sure about the Flash, but we will see where it goes.

It's so much better than Smallville was at a similar point in time. And actually approaching "quality TV" in places.

Ekeke

To be honest I cared a lot more about the characters in the early seasons of Smallville than those in Arrow. The problem with that show was that so little happened despite it having a long run. You could skip 2 or 3 series and you wouldn't have missed much of the development towards becoming Superman. When you drag it out so much you do stop caring about them. At least with Arrow there's been plenty of development already.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Anybody still watching this thang ? Last episode was pretty cool, we're getting closer and closer to
Red Arrow and Deathstroke
. No news on
Flash
though.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yet another good episode, plot seems to thicken at a very fast pace now and according to wikipedia there are just 4 episodes more in this season. The second to last episode is called
Suicide Squad
which makes sense as in previous episode,
Amanda Waller tried to fetch Bronze Tiger into a certain 'squad'.

Stuff's exciting.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Checked imdb there, says its a full season, so another 10 episodes I think.

Anderson18

Best episode so far for me. The introduction of a new charakter and finally some archer action again. This season will be fun.

Ekeke

They clearly cast people entirely on the basis that they can do the weight trick. Oliver and Sarah have no redeeming qualities other than their ability to take their shirt off and do that neat trick. Dimplechin Canary has been so dissappointing.

Nyssa was pretty cool. In the first scene I assumed it was Talia, then when she was in the assassins garb I thought it might be Lady Shiva. But Nyssa isnt a bad alternative.

rcoobc

Last episode, bar those wee cry moments, was fantastic, ending was a cherry on top.
They don't fluck about do they? Good episode, great ending. The show isn't as good as I'd hoped but its still very watchable.

Diggle has become so pointless though

kouroux

Somebody needs to put an arrow through Laurel's head. The ending was good.I just wish they get rid of the Island parts soon, last season was good but now it feels they've been dragging it forever.

Last edited:

MJJ

Somebody needs to put an arrow through Laurel's head. The ending was good.I just wish they get rid of the Island parts soon, last soon was good but now it feels they've been dragging it forever.
Agreed...its just gotten boring now. I still want to see when how he got back to the island after escaping though but laurel and her family is ruining the show.

kouroux

Agreed...its just gotten boring now. I still want to see when how he got back to the island after escaping though but laurel and her family is ruining the show.
I don't mind the father even if his american accent is terrible and the fighting daughter isn't bad. I wish they would develop more Roy and his abilities and Slade Wilson who is the most interesting character of the show.

MJJ

I don't mind the father even if his american accent is terrible and the fighting daughter isn't bad. I wish they would develop more Roy and his abilities and Slade Wilson who is the most interesting character of the show.
I hate all the emotional drama involved with them. Been a fan of Slade since spartacus so am glad to see him and how it plays out. Havent read the comic as well which is a bonus. I wouldnt mind seeing more of diggle as well.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I like the way they are not scared of bringing other DC characters into it such as Deathstroke, Suicide Squad and Flash.
The tv shows and films before always suffered as each was a stand alone that ignored the existence of any other characters.
It would be great for them to put Batman in it at some point. They could have him visit Starling and watch from the shadows to keep a check that Green Arrow is doing it right before teaming up. The common link would be Ra's Al Ghul

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I like the way they are not scared of bringing other DC characters into it such as Deathstroke, Suicide Squad and Flash.
The tv shows and films before always suffered as each was a stand alone that ignored the existence of any other characters.
It would be great for them to put Batman in it at some point. They could have him visit Starling and watch from the shadows to keep a check that Green Arrow is doing it right before teaming up. The common link would be Ra's Al Ghul
Batman series is coming to Fox next year so that wont happen. Maybe they'll just mention him like they did with Harley Quinn easter egg :)

Ekeke

Yeah unless they have plans for a show such as with Flash, dont expect one of the big DC characters to have a cameo. Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman will all be off limits. However maybe theres an option to have a story arc that goes between the Arrow and Flash shows big enough to have one of them involved.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
That was always a problem for me with the old Marvel movies. They all lived in separate universes. FF live near Spiderman but they were never mention. They have now sorted that out (in general)
DC would do well to try and follow the lead. The must see from the ratings that adding these other characters that people know is a winner.

rcoobc

What do u mean? He didn't really take him hostage.
Obviously, but thats not what the last scene made it seem like. They've also got an unexplained bit where diggle is talking to felicity and she's all like "because you think Slade is going to come after me as you mentioned previously"... At that point me and the girlfriend looked up the previous episode to be sure we hadn't missed one.

Basically they've skipped over some footage/script for whatever reason. At least that's what it seemed like to me, but I can't see any review on the net of anyone asking what happened to diggle!

What happened?

Ekeke

So about Deathstroke...

General comic spoilers that wont affect anyone unless they plan to read the comics :

DC's Deathstroke : Mercenary and assassin who only cares about getting paid. Anti-hero rather than straight villain, the only time he really cares about anything other than money is when its about his own family, an ex-wife and children who commonly oppose him or he wants to stop their villainous plans

Arrow's Deathstroke : Revenge driven, emotional, crime boss as generic as they come. Reminds me more of Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid than anything else.

What was the point of having him in the show if he's the complete opposite of the character in DC? Was it just that they liked his style/look? I can't stand when shows/movies directors make changes to the source material for seemingly no reason and definitely don't improve things. It just seems like they've done it for the sake of it.

The whole season has been about Deathstroke being pissed off at Oliver after having started off as friends. Exactly the same as it could have been with Tommy if they hadnt decided to kill him off.

There are hundreds of DC characters who fit the profile of Arrow's version of Deathstroke who could have come in, played around with Oliver and wanted revenge. I can't believe they made him so boring for seemingly no reason

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Obviously, but thats not what the last scene made it seem like. They've also got an unexplained bit where diggle is talking to felicity and she's all like "because you think Slade is going to come after me as you mentioned previously"... At that point me and the girlfriend looked up the previous episode to be sure we hadn't missed one.

Basically they've skipped over some footage/script for whatever reason. At least that's what it seemed like to me, but I can't see any review on the net of anyone asking what happened to diggle!

What happened?
Yeah, seems like it alright. I'd forgotten all about Diggle & the alluding to his capture by Slade. Gonna check out that episode again ffs...