Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
‘Oh no Gary Neville is mean to us. The sensationalist hysto-drama pundit is saying stuff which isn’t true.’

You Arsenal fans need to get a grip ffs.

erinoco

Supports
Arsenal
Whatever happens now, this is where it gets more difficult for Edu. Even with a title, there is a decent chance we will find ourselves losing at least one of our crucial core to another club over the next season. That shouldn't be fatal in itself, as long as we invest the proceeds wisely. A replacement for Xhaka, and at least two good signings in the 20-24 age range per window, should be what the club is looking for over the next 18 months.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
‘Oh no Gary Neville is mean to us. The sensationalist hysto-drama pundit is saying stuff which isn’t true.’

Remember when Souness was being mean to Pogba? Pretty sure there were threads on here about it, and massive noise over social media?

Rockets Redglare

Remember when Souness was being mean to Pogba? Pretty sure there were threads on here about it, and massive noise over social media?
Slightly different though isn’t it. Neville said he didn’t think Arsenal would win the league whereas Souness singled out one player for criticism constantly even when he wasn’t involved.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Slightly different though isn’t it. Neville said he didn’t think Arsenal would win the league whereas Souness singled out one player for criticism constantly even when he wasn’t involved.
So did a lot of your own fans to be fair.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Not remotely the same, and I think you know that.

Ludens the Red

Neville has constantly denied we are in a title race all season. Then as soon as Man United beat City, declared United were in a title race. Arsenal not in a title race when our lead was 8 (current 5 points game in hand), but United are in a title race 7-10 points of top??

He also said Man United would finish above Arsenal as early as a few days ago, even though United were 8 points of our pace plus a game in hand, now 11 points and a game in hand.

He said Arteta should leave Arsenal as Arsenal would never get beyond 4th, he has even suggested Saka would need to leave Arsenal.

Yet he claims he respect Arsenal and wants us to win the league over City (such rubbish). He is so passive aggressive toward us.
He’s also said the following at different points this season…

When asked who would finish higher in the league table, the former England international told Sky Sports: “Arsenal definitely feel in far better shape

But the recruitment in the summer has been good and the start to the season has been electric. They are going neck to neck with Man City at the moment, which is some achievement in itself.”

They look like the real deal, they look like they’re going to get closer and get better. They’ve just got to show us they can do it across a season.

“I’m getting more confident that it’s going to happen but I don’t think we’re wrong to continue to question because they haven’t proved it yet.”

I love watching [#Arsenal] front players. I love Jesus, I love Saka, I love Martinelli, absolutely fantastic. Ødegaard is class, he is class
Never seen a fanbase obsess over what a pundit says as much as you lot. You literally all ignore any praise you get and focus on anything thats remotely not in your favour. He gives you lot credit and you claim it’s fake and passive aggressive. What exactly do you want? Every pundit to just unanimously salivate arsenal every single weekend about how fantastic and without faults they are.
Honestly you’d think Arsenal have been winning titles and cups down the years and Neville is some mad man for having some doubts.
Listen to yourself, you think Mancunian born and bred Gary Neville wants city to win a third title in a row above you lot? ridiculous

Honestly mate, embarrassing fanbase.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Never seen a set of fans/players more obsessed with what other people do or say. Gabriel was straight onto Twitter after the game trying to clap back at something, I don't even know what.

It's proper weird, and I know they're top but it's weak, mentality-wise to be this upset about things like that.

Real Name

to be fair, there are continued swipes that Arsenal still have had only easy fixtures, and haven't faced any real challenge in the fight for the title yet. Though they've played every team except City.
Even the traditionally tough away games at brentford, crystal palace, spurs, chelse, brighton are not considered to have counted because of either poor form or missing players from the opposition (despite the fact that other top four teams went to those places and struggled themselves too). Ergo, the narrative seems to be driving that Arsenal aren't deserving of their current position or just not playing as well as people think.
That was wrote by few posters not the majority and of course it was deluded. Quoted poster seems to be agitated by those few posters a lot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
to be fair, there are continued swipes that Arsenal still have had only easy fixtures, and haven't faced any real challenge in the fight for the title yet. Though they've played every team except City.
Even the traditionally tough away games at brentford, crystal palace, spurs, chelse, brighton are not considered to have counted because of either poor form or missing players from the opposition (despite the fact that other top four teams went to those places and struggled themselves too). Ergo, the narrative seems to be driving that Arsenal aren't deserving of their current position or just not playing as well as people think.
Check you out with the use of ergo, bigman

Real Name

Never seen a set of fans/players more obsessed with what other people do or say. Gabriel was straight onto Twitter after the game trying to clap back at something, I don't even know what.

It's proper weird, and I know they're top but it's weak, mentality-wise to be this upset about things like that.
They're similar to Liverpool fans in that regard it seems.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Not remotely the same, and I think you know that.
I don't mind Neville, actually I enjoy listening to him, he contradicts himself sometimes but all punters do that. I just find it funny how fan bases are tarred by social media nowadays when we all know social media is full of cretins. I could go find lots of stuff about the Scouse Mafia in the media over the years, or vice versa Scousers moaning about your guys in the media. Fan base being tribal shocks there!

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
As long as their main playmakers stay fit (basically Odegaard and Saka) they'll win this no problem. Take them out of the equation and I think the wheels fall off.

dinostar77

Id rather arsenal won the title than city. Would be hilarious if haaland scored 40+ league goals this season and had no PL title to show for it.

Ludens the Red

:lol: Forgot their players are always at it to, when they beat Brentford earlier in the season they were @Ivan Toney over a tweet 14 months previous. I remember Ozil doing something similar when Lingard did one of his daft dances at the Emirates.
They hounded Troy Deeney for years because he called them soft once.

erikcred

Yeah, so? No one ever talks about Leicester's win without mentioning that they got lucky with the usual big teams struggling that year.

If you win the league and don't follow it up with consistent title challenges and deep CL runs for the next few seasons, that's exactly what we'll say about this Arsenal team too.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine

Proper fragile fanbase mentally. They’re sitting top of the league at the half way stage after beating a top 4 rival and they spend their time moaning about Neville. It’s really pathetic.

As the other poster said, they’re second to Liverpool in their entitlement and delusions. The other thing is they’re signing up in their droves to the Caf meaning we have to read even more of this shit.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Proper fragile fanbase mentally. They’re sitting top of the league at the half way stage after beating a top 4 rival and they spend their time moaning about Neville. It’s really pathetic.

As the other poster said, they’re second to Liverpool in their entitlement and delusions. The other thing is they’re signing up in their droves to the Caf meaning we have to read even more of this shit.
Niall will have to do another cull

Rockets Redglare

I can’t stand Arsenal but I find it mind blowing that some United fans would rather City won the league again.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

What does that even mean? :lol:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
As long as their main playmakers stay fit (basically Odegaard and Saka) they'll win this no problem. Take them out of the equation and I think the wheels fall off.
Partey is key to them too, maybe even more so for the overall balance of the team (like us with Casemiro). They'll still go through the whole season with none of them injured or suspended for any of the important matches, you just know it.
What does that even mean? :lol:
I mean, it's pretty self explanatory.

Nickelodeon

Not sure what's the issue they have with Neville. Any pundit who considers City as title favorites over Arsenal is supposed to be trolled? Most Arsenal fans would still consider themselves as the underdogs behind City and the longer that remains, the easier it would be for Arsenal.

TsuWave

Woke up with my head on fire. Hate losing to these dickheads.

two last minute goals in the same week. 4 points.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
No need for that, the United fans have been respectful on the whole.

I thought it was an awesome game. It was kinda like jumping in a time machine and landing in the prime Wenger / Fergie years.

United were really impressive and ETH rebuild has been so quick. I know it’s sacrilege to give your board any credit, but you actually prepared for his arrival quite well and backed him in the Summer. But then, they haven’t backed him in January, so it’s a bit of a weird one.

Anyway, I hope for many more games between us like yesterday where the points matter to both teams at the top the table.
I've already given my thoughts on the game otherwise, thanks for the policing though.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Not sure what's the issue they have with Neville. Any pundit who considers City as title favorites over Arsenal is supposed to be trolled? Most Arsenal fans would still consider themselves as the underdogs behind City and the longer that remains, the easier it would be for Arsenal.
it’s not man city though is it, after the north London derby where we played the best football by any side all season, he tipped us to finish 3rd behind United who were 9 points behind us. And he gave Rammsdale man of the match when he was a complete spectator till the game was won, just so to take away from the attacking flowing football we played.
No one in their right mind would’ve had us finishing 3rd, as yesterday’s game showed.
If pundits get it so badly wrong they should get called out on it, and if he’s on a wind up then he has to take it as well as give it.

Last edited:

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Look at the typical smug Arsenal supporter right here, nice stuff.
Are you going to be Arsenal's version of Glaston perhaps?
Maybe take a look at the incendiary nonsense posts in here from your fellow blinkered souls before calling me the worst of the worst (Glaston! I don't even...)

Typical, can dish it out but can't take a breeze in your direction.