Kick-off
Sun, 10 March 2019 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 69 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

I will never understand how "experts" like Lee Dixon go on to set the narrative based on the result. Apparently Arsenal deserve to win, have been the sharper all over the pitch which is utter nonsense.

Schmeichel=God

I was replying to the second part though.

Lukaku has missed a lot of chances today but his overall contribution has been good. Just one of those days.
    ah ok. yep. unbelievably a "one of those days" matches. stay positive move on to the next one ey

championo

Top Stalker
    Today, we were just making so many wrong passes, wrong decisions, first time I have questioned a lot of the passes, type of passes, timing of passes. It does not help that Pogba has had a terrible game.

LingiBW

He needs to be ruthless & severe when the time calls for it, he should have sent a message to every team member by swapping Rashford for Martial at halftime that no one is exempt from having a bad shift mentally.
    Fully agreed. No player should underperform and still see a game out when there is a possibility of changing things

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    We'll have to disagree. It's a soft penalty but it was a foul.
    It really isn’t a foul. This idea that contact means it’s a foul is nonsense. Conversely, there doesn’t need to be contact for it to be a foul.

SirAnderson

Think the attempt to play both Rash and Lukaku hasn't worked out much unfortunately. Maybe just needs some more work on it, not necessarily scrapping the idea altogether, try different formations and what not.

mu4c_20le

I have never come across such a set of knee jerk lot than the ones that reside in this here thread... Terrible.

A lot of posters should be ashamed of some of the drivel they spout.
    I think you are being melodramatic. When we were managed by Jose, a lot of people thought we should have sold off half the team.

AJ10

Hit the bar then post, missed so many good chances and how in the f is that a pen. can't believe we lost to these small timers but it happens.

They were singing "who are you" :lol::lol::lol: FFS you're suppose to pretend that you're a big club.

Cockney Phil

Ole should not be having to tell them to pick up the pace in injury time. We never really raised our game and we were unable to take our chances. We need to take a time out and kick on.

90+5 min

Full-time

Arsenal run out 2:0 winners, inflicting the first Premier League defeat of Ole Gunnar Soslkjaer's reign and denting our top four chances.

It turned out to be one of those days for us as we had a number of good chances to score but we just couldn't put the ball in the net. Lukaku in particular had three really good openings but couldn't finish as clinically as he has been doing in recent games. Perhaps we used up all of our good fortune of Wednesday in Paris. So be it, that's football.

Arsenal started the game better and took the lead through Xhaka's long range effort which wrong footed De Gea and went in very softly. We were on top in the first 25 minutes of the second-half but couldn't take our chances and Arsenal punished us, winning a penalty and Aubameyang scoring to put the game beyond us.

The Gunners move above us into fourth with a two point lead. Chelsea meanwhile are just a point behind us in fifth with a game in hand but at least they dropped two points today. Tottenahm are in the mix now too with their recent slump in form. So it's really heating up in the race for Champions League football with four teams battling for third and fourth.

Arsenal 1:0 Man Utd - Xhaka (12')

Arsenal 2:0 Man Utd - Aubameyang (69' pen)

Match Stats

Possession
    Arsenal 46%
    Man Utd 54%

Shots
    Arsenal 14
    Man Utd 14

Shots on Target
    Arsenal 3
    Man Utd 4

Corners
    Arsenal 5
    Man Utd 2

Fouls
    Arsenal 12
    Man Utd 18

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    The lads need to move on swiftly after this result.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
    i don't think this is on Ole at all. Today is on the players.

De Gea over compensated for what he thought was the movement of the ball and then mentally gave up getting back across. In my opinion he didn't even slip or lose his footing. His mind was just slow. But so what. One bad game in how many years of keeping us in the top 6.

Lukaku reverted to type today. we couldn't not play him after his recent games. and he ended up with multiple chances, one of which he absolutely must bury. Perhaps we take him out again to teach him he needs to shoot first time.

So overall as a club everything went against us today. Players off day, refereeing. We were better than them and on another day this is a very different result.
    Oh I totally agree mate. My only real issue with Ole is he seems to leave his substitutions a little too late.

Anustart89

Our defenders have been brilliant today along with Lukaku who should’ve finished 1 from the chances he got. But everyone else have been quite poor.
    So in order to be "brilliant" you just have to get a ton of chances and miss them? Strongly disagree with that assessment. If you miss the amount of clear-cut chances that Lukaku has missed today then you definitely can't have had a brilliant performance.

Litch

Fred is a bit of an enigma, he’s kinda been good and kinda been poor. I quite like some of the things I’ve seen from him in this game. Gets his foot in, gets about and actually seems quite good at just nicking the ball and can esacape a press pretty well.
    Then within about 10 minutes he’ll give examples of being terrible at these things, such a weird player.
    When you take forensic look at players, people see what they want to see depending on their opinion of the player. All that you wrote could easily describe any of our players....

LingiBW

We didnt lose this because Arsenal were better, but because we were poor and that is on Ole.

El Zoido

Frustrating, Arsenal have created nothing all game and look a bit crap in general, but we didn’t take our chances.

Ban

Nah, if we judge him by the same criteria as Matic, Pogba, Lindelöf and Rashford he hasn’t been good. Was ok but he has done a lot of stupid stuff we’d berate Pogba for. Rightfully so
    Yeah no. Don't agree. What stupid stuff?

Patrick08

Rashford has been shit since he has moved to the side to accommodate lukaku at 9

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 469 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw