Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Jensen

He's looked very raw when he's played, lots of enthusiasm but very little composure.

Gnabry looked a better bet when he had some playing time last season so i'd prefer to give him some chances before Campbell.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
If he shows something at Villarreal he'll earn a place, if he doesn't his sale value has gone up.
Yep, he would go for 5 Mil at least. If he does well - considering his age - his value could rise if he is on a longer contract. Shrewd move by Arsenal.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
If he shows something at Villarreal he'll earn a place, if he doesn't his sale value has gone up.
He'll have a good spell there and then we'll sell him with a buy back clause. Then a few years later if he comes good we'll threaten to buy him back or demand the club pay extra to have it removed. Just like Vela ;)

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Grumpy Claude and merchandise Ty have a great meltdown on Arsenal Fan TV.

Count Orduck

They were atrocious today. Everyone was painting the City game as some sort of turning point for Arsenal, but that had as much to do with City missing Toure and Silva being shite than anything Arsenal did. We saw the same old shit from them today - pathetic defending, a total lack of bottle and no cutting edge when it really mattered. Was Ozil actually playing in that second half? Bar an offside goal he did his usual Houdini act for the ninety minutes.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Time wasting against Spurs when they were drawing and still had about 15mins to go. Shocking really and shows were Arsenal and Wenger see themselves as being at right now.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
They were atrocious today. Everyone was painting the City game as some sort of turning point for Arsenal, but that had as much to do with City missing Toure and Silva being shite than anything Arsenal did. We saw the same old shit from them today - pathetic defending, a total lack of bottle and no cutting edge when it really mattered. Was Ozil actually playing in that second half? Bar an offside goal he did his usual Houdini act for the ninety minutes.
Well I agree with the sentiment because they were shit and Ozil was anonymous, but it wasn't offside.

Count Orduck

I said earlier in the season that they'd struggle if Sanchez was out for a run of games, and that's exactly what's happening. They're staggeringly dependent on him - the very definition of a one man team.

Raw

After 24 games last season, Arsenal were 1st with 55 points. This season they're 6th with 42 points.

Zoo

Wenger has derailed our season again. The man has not a clue. Worst matchday manager in the league bar none.
So now Wenger will complain that our confidence will be low after this. Well you done it, boss. It's as if he's losing his ******* mind. He's not a managing this team. He's just smashing players into 10 positions and hoping, then watching it fail.
Arse Mania is fun at the moment, just surprised it hasn't crashed.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I said earlier in the season that they'd struggle if Sanchez was out for a run of games, and that's exactly what's happening. They're staggeringly dependent on him - the very definition of a one man team.
He's missed 3 league games this season. We've won 2 and lost 1. Staggeringly dependent.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Not much Arsenal could do with this game. Tottenham was just more hungry and enthusiastic about wanting a victory. Kane reactions at the end of the game says it all. Pochettino has done well to implement such great work ethic into that team.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Some of Arse player had bad game, but I thought Spurs actually played really well in midfield, their pressing was excellent. Arsenal barely had the ball in Spurs' half. Spurs deserve some praise for today.

Count Orduck

He's missed 3 league games this season. We've won 2 and lost 1. Staggeringly dependent.
May I ask which the other two were? His absence was patently obvious for you today, because you played like a bunch of scared schoolboys who had no idea what to do with the ball without Alexis to bail you out.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They need to work out which teams to apply their new approach agaisnt. They probably gave Spurs far too much respect.
With both Lamela and Eriksen preferring to move inside, surely the Spurs' flanks were there for the taking...?

They showed just how much they miss Sanchez today, regardless of Ozil's return.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
May I ask which the other two were? His absence was patently obvious for you today, because you played like a bunch of scared schoolboys who had no idea what to do with the ball without Alexis to bail you out.
You can try as hard as you like to try and make this narrative fit but we've had terrible performances even with Sanchez in the team, so how do you explain those?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Not sure the resident gooners can now argue about them not being too dependent on Sanchez. They are still not a one man team but they are a different side with him in the team.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
You can try as hard as you like to try and make this narrative fit but we've had terrible performances even with Sanchez in the team, so how do you explain those?
I thought the narrative was that you were struggling then due to so many injuries. Not the case now, is it?

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Despite the loss to Spurs, I think certain individuals have stood out in the last month or so. Especially one of the younger ones - Bellerin who seems a very fast, technically proficient and generally complete prospect. Arsenal certainly has an unpolished gem in him at right back. Where does his potential ascent as a first team player leave Callum Chambers though ? Is the latter's future definitely in central defense according to Wenger ?

Status
Not open for further replies.