Arsenal's squad next season 2015/2016

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
So Wenger doesn't think Benzema is the guy to take them over the top but rather a collective effort will see to that. You over thinking this Arsene, the guy is an improvement on what you have.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
So Wenger doesn't think Benzema is the guy to take them over the top but rather a collective effort will see to that. You over thinking this Arsene, the guy is an improvement on what you have.
Errrr... You expect him to publicly declare that the four strikers he has aren't good enough and that Benzema is one he wants? Reading too many tabloids, are we?

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Errrr... You expect him to publicly declare that the four strikers he has aren't good enough and that Benzema is one he wants? Reading too many tabloids, are we?
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9942615/wenger-unsure-on-benzema-impact

http://sports.opera.com/?sport=news&page=news&view=article&news_id=633828&localization_id=www

I know what you mean and you might be right on that but I'm just taking the man's comment at face value. If anything, its the tabloids who have been making the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-sign-Karim-Benzema-club-record-transfer.html

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
He's going to hold his cards close to his chest. Unless a deal is done, I don't remember Wenger publicly saying that we are after X player or Y player. Even if he says something like that, I have never heard him say that our current squad is not good enough. This was true even when we had Bendtner and Denilson in the starting lineup. Benzema is a player Wenger likes and would love to sign I think, but I doubt that it will happen this year. Dearth of strikers at Madrid pretty much scuppers any chances of a deal being done.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Bellerin not in the squad? WTF Wenger the king of youth development :rolleyes:

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
Don't take anything Wenger says at face value. When asked about Cazorla before we signed him he pretended not to know him. Lol.

Cassidy

It's the first Premier League game of the season. It's not like they have a poor alternative in Debuchy.

But premature to deride Wenger don't you think?
It was a cheeky comment, referring to his comments about trusting youth and not buying in players (you know his dig at United). Bellerin has been playing all pre-season and most of last. If hes not injured, then that is a VERY odd decision IMO, don't care if he thinks Debuchy is a good player.

Cassidy

:lol: same. I had doubt that he was going to play. I also doubt he has an injury. Anyway, at least I m glad my intuition was right about Wenger not playing Walcott.
Yeah, thought Giroud would get the nod, but didn't want to risk it. So left them both out and Ox. Ox at 6m should really be in tbh, but you never know with Wenger

Mali_Zeus

So first game and a defeat.

Arsenal puffed and puffed but couldnt brake West Ham.
Maybe Wenger should have put Welbz or is he injured?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I like that Cech costed them points today, not because of Arsenal or Cech themselves, but because of all media bullshit how he'll win them the title all by himself, you would think they played without keeper between the posts in recent years.

Obviously, neither of Ospina and Sczezny are shit keepers, but somehow everyone decided that Cech alone will bring them at least 10 points alone.

Last edited:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
After all that hype they do this, it's just classic arsenal

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
get off their backs. i bet they took some wonderful selfies in the dressing room afterwards.

crimsonife

I don't know how I bought into the media hype surrounding Cech. I mean he's better than Szczesny but the mistakes have been there since he started to get on a bit. They bought just a goalkeeper and they were supposed to improve from 3rd to 1st?

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I don't know how I bought into the media hype surrounding Cech. I mean he's better than Szczesny but the mistakes have been there since he started to get on a bit. They bought just a goalkeeper and they were supposed to improve from 3rd to 1st?
The one change besides central defense that is worth the most points on that squad is the manager. Since 2012 Giroud has scored 41 goals in 98 games (0.418) for Arsenal. They want Benzema. Benzema has scored 66 in 148 games (0.445). It´s not that much of a difference.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
The one change besides central defense that is worth the most points on that squad is the manager. Since 2012 Giroud has scored 41 goals in 98 games (0.418) for Arsenal. They want Benzema. Benzema has scored 66 in 148 games (0.445). It´s not that much of a difference.
Bizarre post.

U99ted

Well, according to most oppo fans a goalkeeper got us from 20th to 4th.