Arsenal's title credentials...

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
So their updated fixture list is:
- Sat Feb 8th: Liverpool A (league)
- Wed Feb 12th: Utd H (league)
- Weekend of 15th Feb: Liverpool H (FA Cup)
- Wed Feb 19th: Bayern H (CL)
- Sat Feb 22nd: Sunderland H (league)
- Sat March 1st: Stoke A (league)
- Weekend of 8th March: an eventual FA Cup QF
- if not, Sat March 8th: Swansea H (league)
- Tuesday March 11th: Bayern A (CL)
- Sunday March 16th: Spurs A (league)
- Saturday March 22nd: Chelsea A (league)
- Saturday March 29th: City H (league)
- an eventual CL QF on April 1st or 2nd
- Sat April 5th: Everton A (league)
- an eventual CL QF on April 8th or 9th

Looks like a fun couple of months.

Shark

@NotShark
Holy shit, they could be down the table with us before long looking at that fixture list.

gasmanc

Banned
Ramsey will be key in that February run, when's he due back ?

Is that the actual run in for them, last four games :eek:

Spurs A
Chelsea A
City H
Everton A

close thread

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That's the worst thing Arsene could have done. You just don't mess with Ferguson or Mourinho. It always ends badly.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
No one swallows that media shite about 'mindgames' do they?
Mind games are very real. Granted the media often overhype or invent them but you're not telling me Keegan and Rafa's meltdowns weren't the result of mind games?

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
No one swallows that media shite about 'mindgames' do they?
The men who stare at goats comes to mind. I would hope if Arsenal can keep their centre backs fit and get Cazorla firing and possibly strengthen up top in the next few days then they really could spring a surprise.

Ekeke

Mindgames are definitely overblown its just an additional pressure on top of being in a title race, something to take your mind off what actually matters getting your team right for important matches. But hey it could be the straw that breaks the camels back, you never know

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Cazorla has come out recently and said he has had an ankle problem all season which he is only now getting over. He was out for a few weeks near the start of the season with an ankle injury and looks like he hadn't fully shaken it off. Has looked a lot better recently and hopefully will get back to his best form. If we can get him, Podolski, Giroud & Ramsey to chip in with goals we stand a good chance of finishing the season strongly.

We needed another striker but as expected not really much in terms of very good strikers being available during this window, hopefully we can pull something off though.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Cazorla has come out recently and said he has had an ankle problem all season which he is only now getting over. He was out for a few weeks near the start of the season with an ankle injury and looks like he hadn't fully shaken it off. Has looked a lot better recently and hopefully will get back to his best form. If we can get him, Podolski, Giroud & Ramsey to chip in with goals we stand a good chance of finishing the season strongly.

We needed another striker but as expected not really much in terms of very good strikers being available during this window, hopefully we can pull something off though.
What about Benteke or a cheaky bid for Lukaku?

Havak

Pokemon master
I still believe Arsenal are going to drop off and the fixture list is a difficult one. I'll be surprised if they drop below third though, they've done too much good work for large parts of the season and actually fought back out of their purple patch to stay in the game. Well, not even just in the game, they're at the top of the game. However, it's still Man City that I believe are the team to stop and they'll eventually slip away from the rest barring injury to Toure and Kompany.

Arsenal need to invest here to give themselves a real chance, so we'll see how it unfolds.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Chelsea wouldn't loan us Ba so no chance on Lukaku, also I believe he can't be recalled back by Chelsea this season under the terms of the loan.

As for Benteke, I'm not sure how highly he is rated by Arsenal and then it comes down to whether we wait until the summer or blow our budget on him. Villa probably won't let go for much less than £25mill but I think there will be better options available to us in the summer.

I still believe Arsenal are going to drop off and the fixture list is a difficult one. I'll be surprised if they drop below third though, they've done too much good work for large parts of the season and actually fought back out of their purple patch to stay in the game. Well, not even just in the game, they're at the top of the game. However, it's still Man City that I believe are the team to stop and they'll eventually slip away from the rest barring injury to Toure and Kompany.

Arsenal need to invest here to give themselves a real chance, so we'll see how it unfolds.
Not quite sure what you mean here.....

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea wouldn't loan us Ba so no chance on Lukaku, also I believe he can't be recalled back by Chelsea this season under the terms of the loan.

As for Benteke, I'm not sure how highly he is rated by Arsenal and then it comes down to whether we wait until the summer or blow our budget on him. Villa probably won't let go for much less than £25mill but I think there will be better options available to us in the summer.
Giroud has really improved this year in his all round play and finishing but should he get injured it would be huge for your crowd. Bendtner is crocked too I think and he actually did look much more effective this year. The return of Flamini to your team has made a massive difference with Wilshere and Ramsey getting a chance to be more expressive with less risk involved with Flamini cleaning up. I think if you lot can keep Mert, Koscielny, Flamini and Giroud fit then you have a great chance but that's a big if.

Havak

Pokemon master

Not quite sure what you mean here.....
Purple patch was when they went and drew late on with Everton, then lost to Napoli, City, and didn't beat Chelsea either. It could have easily gone tits up there, and for Arsenal in recent years a few bad/average results has usually lead to a downfall. This time it didn't, they bounced back against West Ham after going a goal down and it's been all good since then. I meant to say 'top of the league' rather than 'top of the game'. 'In the game' means they're well and truly in the title race and probably will be until much later in the season. Still won't win it though for my money.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
There's also got to be questions about City with their second half of the season. They've got most of the top teams away and they still leak goals like it's nobody's business.

We have a couple of horror runs but if I were a City fan I certainly wouldn't be counting my chickens. Not to mention Chelsea sniffing at both our backsides.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Giroud has really improved this year in his all round play and finishing but should he get injured it would be huge for your crowd.
Don't think he's improved that much on finishing, nor will he imo, he still misses some incredible chances. His all round play, his ability to hold the ball and bring others into play, is very good though.

In any case, if he did get injured, Arsenal would be fecked for sure.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Giroud has really improved this year in his all round play and finishing but should he get injured it would be huge for your crowd. Bendtner is crocked too I think and he actually did look much more effective this year. The return of Flamini to your team has made a massive difference with Wilshere and Ramsey getting a chance to be more expressive with less risk involved with Flamini cleaning up. I think if you lot can keep Mert, Koscielny, Flamini and Giroud fit then you have a great chance but that's a big if.
I'd hope Podolski might do a job for us up top but his best position is on the left and I do have some reservations about him playing up top. Giroud has improved but he has missed far too many easy chances, just look at the game against City when he could of had a hattrick and that is where a top class striker will probably cost us, the big games. Though that might partly be down to the sheer number of games he played for us and towards Christmas time you could see he was starting to tire.

Flamini has helped but more imo as a very viable alternative to Arteta, personally prefer Arteta but I have no problem with playing Flamini and feel comfortable with him in the side. Last couple of seasons without Arteta we have looked very poor because we don't have anyone else who can naturally sit infront of the defence.

Purple patch was when they went and drew late on with Everton, then lost to Napoli, City, and didn't beat Chelsea either. It could have easily gone tits up there, and for Arsenal in recent years a few bad/average results has usually lead to a downfall. This time it didn't, they bounced back against West Ham after going a goal down and it's been all good since then. I meant to say 'top of the league' rather than 'top of the game'. 'In the game' means they're well and truly in the title race and probably will be until much later in the season. Still won't win it though for my money.
I think you've got your words mixed my friend, purple patch is when teams are in good form, not bad form :)

I agree though after our little wobble we have responded very well, every time we've lost this season we have responded well which hasn't always been the case. Biggest surprise though has been when we aren't playing well our defence is good enough to keep things tight out back and we have been fairly clinical at times this season

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I read that Bendtner and Diaby are our longest-serving players. Diaby even played at Highbury. Just you lot wait till he comes back.....

alastair

ignorant
I hate to be negative, but we're just being undermined at the moment by the injury situation yet again.

Aaron Ramsey was supposed to be in the squad tonight. He wasn't. Immediately you know the medical team have done something again. Tendon injury. Six more weeks. That's the strong rumour on Twitter now from all the reliable sources.

It's scandalous. I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. Our best player this season will now be out for three months of the season all in all, just when the going gets tough too.

It just gets you down sometimes. I really can't think of many examples over the last five seasons where we've played a big game with all of our big players fit. Ramsey and Walcott gone for all of our tough games. Wilshere out tonight with a seemingly minor problem but will inevitably miss ages.

Aside from sacking the medical staff, I don't know what the answer is. All you get is a clamour for Wenger to sign players but it becomes ridiculous as a suggestion when you look at how many players we have in our squad. The number isn't the issue - it's the fact that only half of them are ever fit at once.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I think they'll tail off after this, they have a horrible fixture list in February coming up. I expect City and Chelsea to pull away after this midweek.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The run in March with consecutive league games against City Spurs Chelsea and Everton (possibly not in correct order) will be the real test.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Wow, I feel so sorry for you Al. I cant even begin to think how it feels like to have key players injured for larger parts of the season.