Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Vidal definitely will not be coming here anytime soon...use your logic....he wants real madrid and they want him as xabi alonso is a bit shit these days....please move to threads of players that we realistically have a chance to sign such as fellaini, barkley , halilovic, cabaye etc

Varun

Staff
We arent exactly a club that "throws" cash around but considering what players are going for nowadays, Juve would throw the cash back at us anyways.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Vidal would be perfect his stamina and dynamism which be just what we need infront of Carrick. 35 million might entice Juve they don't have that kind of money for players and with the emergence of Pogba they may be tempted. But would Vidal want to come here? and he was their best player last year so most likely they say no unless he wants it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If there is the slightest chance to get him, we should do all we can to sign him like we did with Van Persie. He really would be perfect for our midfield. One of the best midfielders in the world, and has everything required in a box to box midfielder. Only 26 as well.

JaffyJoe

I agree Van Persie was a different situation he has years on his contract he is for the most part happy and Juve are a top team domestically and in Europe.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Juve have no need to sell him. It's not like they're in any financial trouble. The only way he'd move is if they were to buy someone just as good as him as a replacement which I don't see happening.

JaffyJoe

Pogba is showing great potential though, he will be a starter week in week out this season or at the latest next season. With 35 million they could get Veratti (replace Pirlo) and have money left over to get a real quality striker. Just ideas but I also doubt they would sell him unless he wanted to go.

Varun

Staff
Pogba is showing great potential though, he will be a starter week in week out this season or at the latest next season. With 35 million they could get Veratti (replace Pirlo) and have money left over to get a real quality striker. Just ideas but I also doubt they would sell him unless he wanted to go.
PSG wont sell verrati. Juve dont need a striker as they Already have 2 new top ones coming in. As vds said, they'd only consider selling if they could find op replacement which wont happen.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
They play with three midfielders ahead of a three man defence with 2 wing backs. Even with Pogba's emergence and a Pirlo replacement, they'd still be quite reliant on Vidal as they'd require at least 4 good midfielders and a couple of squad players to be able to challenge for trophies.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
The only way he'd move is if they were to buy someone just as good as him as a replacement which I don't see happening.
Not sure about that at all, there are plenty of reasons to move clubs.

Baxter

Best all round midfielder in Europe. If we can get him, the Thiago will be a very distant memory. Get it done Davie!

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
By all accounts his wages aren't huge - there is one reason.
From what I've seen of him, he's quite a level headed fellow. And I'm sure Juve will offer him a much better contract sooner or later now that they've made Tevez their highest paid player.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
From what I've seen of him, he's quite a level headed fellow. And I'm sure Juve will offer him a much better contract sooner or later now that they've made Tevez their highest paid player.
Well yeah they may do, but my point was just that there are other reasons to move clubs than just bringing in competition.

If we offered him a much better wage then there is nothing to indicate that he wouldn't consider it, why wouldn't he? It's not as if he is an Italian or a die hard Juve fan, he's only been there two seasons.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Well yeah they may do, but my point was just that there are other reasons to move clubs than just bringing in competition.

If we offered him a much better wage then there is nothing to indicate that he wouldn't consider it, why wouldn't he? It's not as if he is an Italian or a die hard Juve fan, he's only been there two seasons.
He's not Italian but he is Latin American and there's a massive contingent of South American people here in Italy. I guess he'll feel a lot more comfortable in terms of culture and life style here than in England. But yeah, if you throw enough money at players nowadays, you'll most probably get them.

Baxter

I was bigging this fella up in his own thread when he originially moved.
I was shocked we didn't go for him when he was in his last year at Leverkusen. I think they ended up getting him for something ridiculously cheap like 10m euros.

Varun

Staff

He's not Italian but he is Latin American and there's a massive contingent of South American people here in Italy. I guess he'll feel a lot more comfortable in terms of culture and life style here than in England. But yeah, if you throw enough money at players nowadays, you'll most probably get them.

If Vidal is open to a move, throwing money in terms of transfer fee or wages isnt really our best bet. Most top clubs would want him and the likes of City and Chelsea wouldnt mind offering absolute top dollar for him. I do agree that we should test the waters if there's even a slight chance of a move but just saying that money wont be our best bet. He'd have to want to come to us and not chase be another player chasing the $$.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
If Vidal is open to a move, throwing money in terms of transfer fee or wages isnt really our best bet. Most top clubs would want him and the likes of City and Chelsea wouldnt mind offering absolute top dollar for him. I do agree that we should test the waters if there's even a slight chance of a move but just saying that money wont be our best bet. He'd have to want to come to us and not chase be another player chasing the $$.
This is why I don't see this move happening. The only thing we can offer him is more money (the plastic clubs even more so) and the chance to ply his trade at a bigger stadium. Other than that, he's pretty much settled at Juve for the time being.

Varun

Staff
This is why I don't see this move happening. The only thing we can offer him is more money (the plastic clubs even more so) and the chance to ply his trade at a bigger stadium. Other than that, he's pretty much settled at Juve for the time being.

Add to that the fact that he's already at one of the biggest clubs in the world who are on the up now and there's no real reason to leave specially when he's the star man there.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Add to that the fact that he's already at one of the biggest clubs in the world who are on the up now and there's no real reason to leave specially when he's the star man there.
I didn't mention that on purpose because the last time I did, it sparked off a 'Which club is bigger?' debate.

JaffyJoe

I was shocked we didn't go for him when he was in his last year at Leverkusen. I think they ended up getting him for something ridiculously cheap like 10m euros.

Sir Alex said he had never heard of him when they asked him.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I dont know why whis thread was opened...

Vidal is not for sale, he dont want to move... he already said he is happy at Juve and will sign the new contract very soon.

Even if he were available, he will go to Real Madrid for sure... they are the only club able to pay 50M for Vidal... sadly as it is.

Anyway, if Thiago is not coming (i still think he is), we should start looking for good alternatives.

i like this guy... he is young, has a lot of competition at Juve, and is a very good player. For sure he can improve our midfield.

Virtuoso

Yep, Bayern Munich were also in for him and offered more but Leverkusen did not want him to go to another German club and sold him to Juventus for around 10m euros.

I watch a lot of Juventus and honestly think Arturo Vidal is an outstanding player. He is one of the best central midfielders in the world, having almost every facet you would want in a midfielder as well as a great attitude to the game and a very strong competitor. Him, Marchisio (who I hold in the same regard) and Pirlo really make up the one of the best midfields in the world. Vidal probably outshone both of them last season and won Juventus' Player of the Year last year.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Out of curiosity, how much money would this actually take? Considering it's mid season and he's just signed a new contract surely the fee would be astronomical?

Status
Not open for further replies.