Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It's still not enough to break the bank on just one player, we'd have to do it for 3 or 4.
Vidal would be a great start.

If a journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step, this would be like a 400 mile one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's still not enough to break the bank on just one player, we'd have to do it for 3 or 4.
Vidal IMO would improve our whole team so much, from back to front. We'd still need a left back and a creative midfielder to replace Carrick (wouldn't require breaking the bank though), but Vidal would be the perfect partner to anyone basically and would make our need much less urgent. Even our wingers I think you'd see a huge improvement.\
Saying all that, it'd probably take around 50 million for them to accept it, and even then he'd have to want to leave Juve to come to United.

Art

Art the artist
Juventus currently have Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo and Pogba in the center of the park. I'd take any of them :( .

Revan

Assumptionman
Out of curiosity, how much money would this actually take? Considering it's mid season and he's just signed a new contract surely the fee would be astronomical?
50m IMO. He's possibly the best CM in the world right now.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Juventus currently have Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo and Pogba in the center of the park. I'd take any of them :( .

Pirlo's contract is up in the summer, so no huge fee required there.

Vidal would be a great start.

If a journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step, this would be like a 400 mile one.
Agree completely

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I have thought we needed two top class midfielders but this guy would solve the entire problem for me. He's got absolutely everything.

Liam147

On Probation
Not a prayer I'm reading through this thread, just popping in to ask if people think there's a 1% that Vidal would go to United? You need Moyes and Woodward to want him, Woodward to make an acceptable bid, the Glazers to provide the money, and Vidal to actually want to leave Juventus and join us. The odds of that all happening are absolutely astronomical.

Of course if you're all discussing, hypothetically, what it'd be like to have him, don't let me stop you.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Not a prayer I'm reading through this thread, just popping in to ask if people think there's a 1% that Vidal would go to United? You need Moyes and Woodward to want him, Woodward to make an acceptable bid, the Glazers to provide the money, and Vidal to actually want to leave Juventus and join us. The odds of that all happening are absolutely astronomical.
Of course if you're all discussing, hypothetically, what it'd be like to have him, don't let me stop you.
This goes for absolutely every single player out there :lol:

coolredwine

lameredboots
Pirlo might leave in the summer, so I doubt Juventus would be looking to sell Vidal as well.

And then there is the curious case of Paul Pogba.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Not every single player out there plays for Juventus as a key-member of their squad.
Vidal won't come, others might.

40 million bid for Vidal is as much of a joke as 35 million bid for Fabregas.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I thought pogba stated he wanted to go arsenal or Barcelona...Pirlo doesn't have many seasons left surely and Marchisio would be left to partner Vidal, can't see why they would sell..

JP77

Out of curiosity, how much money would this actually take? Considering it's mid season and he's just signed a new contract surely the fee would be astronomical?

Around 60 million I'd expect. Not sure why people are saying 38/40 million. He's got no intention to leave. Juventus have no reason to sell. Just signed a brand new contract. Oh and he's basically the best midfielder in the world right now. Yeah, you don't sell a player like that for 40 million.

People thought the Fabregas chase was bizarre, believe me, this one would be truly bizarre. Unless of course we were willing to go mental and be willing to spend around 60-70 million on him, which I'm confident we wouldn't do. Don't waste your time lads.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Yeah, that's what I said. Don't be a bell end.
:lol: as I opened this thread this was the first post I saw, poor TN.

According to Sport Witness, Tuttosport are saying we sent a 'representative' to watch him on Sunday.
Interesting, why don't we just send a representative to sort the deal out ffs, isn't there a YouTube video they can watch or something?

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
You don't fecking "watch" Vidal if you're interested, you make a mammoth bid, say £45m.

jem

Yeah I'm getting sick of reading about our sending representatives out to watch such and such player. Why not just make a decisive move for a player who will provide us with a desperately needed upgrade?

Kaos

He's the one signing that'd have the most notable effect on us IMO. The complete midfielder.

I actually think a midfield three of him, Carrick and Fellaini would work very well.

Still, Jewish Kid on Christmas, not allowed to have nice things, Woodward, etc.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's next back ground checks :lol: what was the score anyway?
They won 3-0, Vidal scored first. Roma wen't down to 9 men in 2 minutes after De Rossi tried breaking Chiellini's ankle, and then their CB tried handballing it off the line:lol:

Plugsy

Background checks are important. Who's that Everton fella who married a 15 year old? That'd be frankly unworkable. Imagine if we signed him and didn't know that.

"Yes, you can bring your wife but we must insist on separate bedrooms."

Mainoldo

They won 3-0, Vidal scored first. Roma wen't down to 9 men in 2 minutes after De Rossi tried breaking Chiellini's ankle, and then their CB tried handballing it off the line:lol:
Sounds like a good game lol.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Background checks are important. Who's that Everton fella who married a 15 year old? That'd be frankly unworkable. Imagine if we signed him and didn't know that.

So your telling me If Messi had a 15 year old wife you would not sign him?

Mainoldo

I hear you loud a clear. Imagine if Vidal turned out to be the Chilean Dexter Morgan.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I hear you loud a clear. Imagine if Vidal turned out to be the Chilean Dexter Morgan.
Not really a problem, he can go be a lumberjack at the end of his 8th season.

Plugsy

So your telling me If Messi had a 15 year old wife you would not sign him?

No probably not on the basis that he likely wouldn't move to a country where he couldn't be with his wife, at least for the first few months to a year.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Didn't he sign a new contract a couple of months ago....we got more chance of signing Messi than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.