Ashes I - 2013 - In England

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
A spinner would be nice.

We can compare bowling attacks, batting displays, fielding and what not but ultimately Bell has been the difference in the series. Would have been interesting to see what the score would have been had Clarke had one of his great series and also averaged 75+

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
We can compare bowling attacks, batting displays, fielding and what not but ultimately Bell has been the difference in the series. Would have been interesting to see what the score would have been had Clarke had one of his great series and also averaged 75+
He had such a poor leadup to the series. He's been in shit form in general and with his back he was a bit all over the shop. When he's got it sorted and he gets in and gets going then he's a real threat. There is just not enough genuine swing bowling from Australia to trouble bell and there is too much genuine swing threat from England (and all round threat as well) and Clarke has been troubled throughout. I actually didn't think he'd do all that well. He really struggles against the swinging ball if he doesn't mow it early and get settled.

NinjaFletch

I really do wonder what plans you can have to stop Bell when he's in this form, his defence is as good as anyones he leaves well and he scores all over the pitch off the front and the back foot. He obviously has areas he favours, but I don't think there's a real way you can stop him scoring like you can, say, Trott.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Get everyone else out? :lol:

I agree, can we just find someone who can bowl 150+ and be genuinely scary. feck any kind of craft I'd kill for that bowler instead if Siddle. He's just to static to center the attack.

shaggy

He had such a poor leadup to the series. He's been in shit form in general and with his back he was a bit all over the shop. When he's got it sorted and he gets in and gets going then he's a real threat. There is just not enough genuine swing bowling from Australia to trouble bell and there is too much genuine swing threat from England (and all round threat as well) and Clarke has been troubled throughout. I actually didn't think he'd do all that well. He really struggles against the swinging ball if he doesn't mow it early and get settled.

He played well in 2009 in England, averaging 64, then had a mare in Australia averaging 21. But he's receive some top deliveries this series to be fair.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
For sure. I think he only genuinely have his wicket away once this series. Classic man mark the playmaker type scenario.

NinjaFletch

For all England's 'sensible' batting on day 3, 299-6 on this pitch is another awful effort.

shaggy

Today's scorecard sums up our batting display this series (Bell aside, who's exempt from any criticism). Loads of starts, and no conversions into big scores. Cook, Trott and Pieterson need to go away and make some runs. Same amount of overs as Australia yet 200 runs behind. rubbish batting

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Such poor bowling. I know Siddle has done well but he's so 'run in and hope to get a wicket..'

Not enough genuine strike weapons in this attack with Lyon and or a genuine worldy spinner. It's just so all over the place.
So many rank wide deliveries.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Have to say James Anderson is a freak as well. Has he been injured lately? Aus bowlers have had shocking injury Trouvles which makes it hard to line up each game.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Ey! Had din gets a second ch op.

Well done have to say he's kept really well and I was skeptical.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Wait why the feck does Swann have 'the sun' on his bat? As if an unlikable cock sniffer couldn't get any worse.
cnut.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Well at least it's not the Mail anyway. The Sun sort of fits Swann's humour and target audience.

Faulkner does well to finish with 4 wickets in the end.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:lol: chapelli in the studio saying 60 overs left min. Not a hope in hell they aren't going to lose at least 10 of them to time wasting.

RORY65

Root goes flashing at one. England should have a go at that total, they might until they go 4 down and then, if there's 100+ still to go, they'll just try to kill this off. They've played negative cricket throughout the series and seem determined to prevent Australia from winning a test so I doubt that will change now.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This is fantastic from KP. Australia should just have played for the draw, this will be a very demoralising defeat.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
It's about time England showed we can bat, it's just a shame it's taken until the last innings of the series for us to do it. Australia wouldn't have had a sniff if we came out like this at Trent Bridge.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Trott's gone. Unless Prior has his first decent innings of the series, this will probably be a draw now.