Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

He's struggling defensively but I remembered Valencia got the same problems in the early days when LVG switched him permanently to RB. He needs to learn his positioning as a fullback and it'll come with time as Valencia. We should have switched him to a LB long time ago.

His crosses have been excellent weapon for us so far.

Devil may care

Fantastic delivery for Fellaini's first goal, needs to be sharper when trying to feed the LWF in the channel though, that's one of Blind's strengths.

kundalini

Super cross for Fellaini's 1st goal. A few other moments where he increased the tempo or started an attack. Defensively seemed lost, sloppy, beaten too easily.

Get In Scholesy

Young and Rooney are the same age.

I'd find that hard to believe upon watching each of them play.

Ps. I know 31-32 is not 'old' by any means, just the pointing out the shocking difference in fitness and intensity levels between the pair.

FujiVice

He's gotten so much criticism over the years, yet Oxlaid-Chamberlain is still getting minutes on the pitch for England.

Jaybomb

He's worked himself back into the team. He's a brilliant crosser.

Bwuk

He's gotten so much criticism over the years, yet Oxlaid-Chamberlain is still getting minutes on the pitch for England.
Yeah Young has been out the England picture for ages but he's a far better player than the likes of Townsend etc who normally either make the squad or are on the fringes of it.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's worked himself back into the team. He's a brilliant crosser.
I don't think he's brilliant crosser. He misses the first man most times which is a plus but often his crosses are heavy. Where he's lucky is we were looking for a winger and found a fall back who can cross...so he will be important for us this season

GM K

Gone are the days when I used to moan about our poor crosses.

Ashley is gradually becoming as good as any other left back I know.

el3mel

I don't think he's brilliant crosser. He misses the first man most times which is a plus but often his crosses are heavy. Where he's lucky is we were looking for a winger and found a fall back who can cross...so he will be important for us this season
He's not missing. He aims for the far post most of times. That's why he makes perfect combo with Fellaini as the later most of times positions himself at the far post as well.

Pogbasky

Still the best in game crosser we have. His crosses can actually win us the league because with all those tall players in the box, they cause panic.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
If we had more players attacking the far post rather than clustering into one area in the box, he'd have more assists and we wouldn't be talking about over-hit crosses. I saw some old footage from the SAF era and we had at least 4-5 players in the box ready to recieve a cross/pass anything. Recently we only ever see 3, and it's not necessarily a Mourinho thing but I saw it a lot in the LVG era and possibly Moyes. I do think the players need to make more attacking runs and rush the box. We have Matic, we can afford one or two extra players in the box.

NinjaFletch

I don't know what's worse. The fact that our first choice LB, who only ended up there because he was too shit to play further forward, is starting at RW in our biggest game of the season so far or that he's probably been the best player in a United shirt this half.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I would love to see Rashford right wing. Give them more to think about going the other way. It's not even like Rashford can't also help defensively.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Don't really get playing him against Moreno instead of Rashford, it's actually counter productive. We should be attacking that side and not have another defender there. Who am I to say this, but I think this is really amteurish from Mourinho.

He's been decent though, and I am not criticising him, I just don't think he should be played there today.

Bojan11

Don't really get playing him against Moreno instead of Rashford, it's actually counter productive. We should be attacking that side and not have another defender there. Who am I to say this, but I think this is really amteurish from Mourinho.
Rashford isn't even fully fit, so not sure what you going on about.

MichaelRed

Idk what you guys saw but I thought he was absolute shit today. The only thing I expect from Young is to deliver a decent cross but he never beat the first man.

Kag

This is the winger we bought to replace Ryan Giggs all those years back. Absolutely horrendous in an attacking sense, which is overlooked because he does alright when playing at left back against Burnley.

When will we eventually move on from playing toss like him in attacking positions?

Cloud7

He's been good at left back, but he was absolute garbage today. Never again on the wing please.

The White Pele

Wasted some of our better attacking opportunities today. We seemed to be getting more joy down that side and would have been better off moving Martial/Rashford over there.

mewnew11

What did he do? Just a pussy hiding. Jose needs to have a look at himself. No chance we win the league being a coward

el3mel

He can't play as a winger anymore it's obvious. Should be kept as a left back.

Devil may care

He didn't offer much quality on the ball that's now why he was playing, he was there for his workrate as a secondary RB and because he has the balls for the fixture.

Hojoon

Only watched the second half but he looked like a fullback playing further forward, uncomfortable with and without the ball offensively.

Ace of Spades

He was shit, as much as he has chipped in from LB, we need to get better quality in attack.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think Atkinson must've caught him in bed with Mrs Atkinson or something. Really had it in for him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He was pretty shit today, keep him away from any offensive position as he nullifies our own attack. He can't do his signature cross when on the right. Fullback or don't play him.

Minimalist

He does a job but he depresses me. Loves a dive and plenty of theatrics too.

Genuinely thought he would out on his arse by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.