g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Ashley Young image 18

Ashley Young England flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

skeelz

Worked hard but the quality of his crossings are not consistent

Georgan

He's simply not good enough, I support every player but we've got to be real and recognize that to climb back to the top we've got to get rid of the deadwood, last season was a good start with Rooney, I hope this next two transfer windows we get rid of the rest and start bringing in the top guns.

Devil81

Slightly concerned about the amount of football he's getting, not that I don't like Young because I actually do. He gives you 100% and will always put himself on the line for the team.

It was only 12 months ago his career with us was over, now he seems a first pick.

iKeano

Young, an embodiment of what United have turned into. He has been at the club for so long, possibly close to a testimonial and I can't honestly remember any stand out performances. A lot of huff and puff or "passion" as they call it. Stuffed at left back because the manager won't go out and buy a quality left back. End product, as ever, is awful. If manchester United wants to elevate back into the upper bracket of teams, the club needs to get ruthless. Young is amongst a batch of players who seemingly get new deals every year, avoid the axe and repeat the same mediocrity. He is not alone in this. Buying players is not enough.. Buying the right quality and disposing off mediocrity is what matters. Too many excuses are made for poor players and the result, just like today, is what we see.
Nail on the head

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ashley Lahm. What the feck was that performance? Brilliant.

Can7onA

He isn't everyones cup of tea but he worked his bollocks off today!

Tony Babangida

Was great today. Loved it in the first half where he squared up to that prick Deli Alli. Showed real grit and desire. Played several good balls forward too.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Exceptional effort. Really gets what it means to play for United.

M Bison

Supports
York City
love the passion and a decent player, not a world beater and when we get beat will often be the focus of fans' frustration but is a good option for us.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
It's so strange to think that this is the guy who became so reviled under Moyes. He's excellent.

haram

Fantastic from Young, gives everything for the club and Mourinho.

god_of_football

He is the reason LVG fecked up in his second season. He was the main threat going forward in LVG first season and never got a lookin in the second season.

Ferguson

Mourinho strengthened the spine of the team, and then he built a defensive solidity. This has allowed players like Young to perform better because they are in a well-functioning team.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Love him.

Every year we have threads on who needs to be shipped out each summer, and Young's name always appears more than anyones. Squad players don't come much better, and if he left, he'd have to be replaced with another squad player, so what's the point?

He can do it on both flanks, attack or defence, gives everything, doesn't shy away from a scrap, doesn't moan about not getting a game. The perfect player to have on the fringes.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brilliant performance. Worked his socks off. Defensively aware and dangerous going forward. Loved how he had a minor fight with Alli after which you knew Alli had lost it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Really strong performance today. Best defensive one I’ve seen from him I think. His ‘immature’ behaviour with Alli was actually a mature-head sort of thing to do as well. Winding the cnut up, knowing that it’d affect his game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Defensively he as superb. His awareness was very good and didn't miss any runners.

Ace of Spades

Great effort, I think he is actually best as a wing back rather than a FB, gives him a bit of freedom to attack.

Looked to be up for the challenge.

nesty

MOTM. He ran his bollocks off today.

This is the level every player should be playing at.

NinjaFletch

Was great today. Loved it in the first half where he squared up to that prick Deli Alli. Showed real grit and desire. Played several good balls forward too.
I honestly think this was a game changing moment. The game was drifting at that point, Spurs were on top and the crowd was quiet. Seemed to be that Young sensed it, threw himself into some tackles and started a confrontation which got everyone geed up.

Was absolutely great.

Status
Not open for further replies.