Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Very good game from him. Gave MotM to Martial, but Young was close second. Great attitude.

acnumber9

Edges out Rashford for man of the match for me. They were only two not petrified of the ball or a tackle in the first half.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Took his sweet time about it but he's United through and through now.

Trizy

MOTM, easily. I don't rate him as a winger at all but I can't think of a time where he was a LB where he wasn't good.

Excellent performance.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
How have we ended up with him playing so well in this position?

Shaw must be distraught. On today's performance he's not getting a chance anytime soon.

Well played Ashley.

ManuMou

"Officially" first choice LB & LWB until Shaw or new player comes in

KYcinco

I do love his "down the line "passes to Rashford/Lukaku.

MOTM,great performance, his awareness level is the best at the club

RK

MOTM for me.

From tier 2 it's rare you can hear players shouting but Young was on it today. Great defensively, good on the ball, great with teammates, felt like our captain today.

Red_Aaron

Mou has a big reputation of inspiring certain players and i really feel he's got into Ashley and had a huge affect on him mentally.
I've never been one to give him a hard time over his skills like so many do on here as i've always thought him a good player, crucially though this year he seems to really buy in to what we're doing and what his role within it is.
showed not only a great touch and effective play today but brought his experience to the frame too and was a rock throughout.
clear MOTM for me

ManuMou

Reminds me of Chelsea 2-0 performance.

Jose surprised everyone by starting him, and even made him the captain out of the blue, and he delivered. Were it not for Herrera's out-of-the-world performance and rashy's goal, he could have easily been voted MOTM.

This alone clearly reflects a world class manager's insight as well.

prtk0811

He is the reason we dint spend 55 m euros on perisic which was an absurd fee. And he's is justufying at what ever role he has played at 32.

Also shows even sir alex ferguson bought in wingers with high work rate and versatality. AV and AY converted into wingbacks at this age is awesome man management.

SambaBoy

Love his desire and commitment. Something I didn't really associate with him but he's accepted his role and he's working really hard at it. Rather than leave and play every week on the wing, he has accepted he's now a full-back and has been putting in 100% effort every week. I'm surprised how good his positioning and awareness is for a player who's not used to playing at full-back. He's always on the cover or making key interceptions round the back, decent in the air too.

Revaulx

He is the reason LVG fecked up in his second season. He was the main threat going forward in LVG first season and never got a lookin in the second season.
Not the only reason, but one of the main ones. He’d improved massively under LVG and deservedly ousted DiMaria from the side. Who knows; if he’d remained as first choice at the start of the season and Memphis had been eased in gradually, maybe the latter would have done better.

gza the genius

MOTM, easily. I don't rate him as a winger at all but I can't think of a time where he was a LB where he wasn't good.

Excellent performance.
This. I hope I never have to see him as a winger again but until we sign someone else I think he should be nailed on as our starting left back. He's been very good there almost every time he's played.

Cliche Guevara

Ashley looks like establishing himself as first choice left-back, in the short term. Could be very good for the team if he makes that position his own for a bit. Gives us more than all the others, I feel. If only he was left footed.

izec

Has won me over under Mou. He was the first player i wanted out under Moyes and van Gaal, he was terrible, his attitude was alright, but his performance output and quality wise were a disgrace. Now he is actually much more important on and off the field, excellent stand in LB/LWB currently and delivers

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Starting to take opponents to the touch line and hit crosses with his left foot. He had a couple yesterday that were slightly overhit, but his left footed crosses are getting much better. His wingback game is becoming more complete, very good to see.

Anderley

Easily MOTM today. I absolutely love this guy. His mentality is just spot on. Being out in the cold for so long hasn't affected him the least.
At one point of the match in the heavy rain, his infights with Dele Alli and general attitude seemed to affect the whole team.

Status
Not open for further replies.