Ashley Young - Captain of Manchester United

Drainy

Comparable decline to Gary Neville - only Gary had the decency to say when his time was up and we had replacements and quality to cope without.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The backlash will be huge, and not one the board will be wanting to face for sacking a club legend.
I get why you say that but he won't get three years if there's no progress. Stupid to appoint him in the first place imo.

OleRed

The stats on his crossing in the first game 13 crosses and not finding a player in red , I have heart stents and this guy makes my blood pressure go through the roof,my son had to tell me to calm down during the game at OT. It used to be Nani my pet hate but he could cross, assist and score goals so I always forgave him.
Can someone tell me what young brings?
But he could be tired as he did play in the World Cup last year and could be burnt out long season

Xaviboy

Disgrace he is captain of the club. Shouldn't be anywhere near that starting 11.

Sanche7

And people are happy with us going into the next season with Dalot and Young as our only RBs! :houllier:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Barcelona set the trap on him beautifully there for Messi’s first goal. He hadn’t a fecking clue what to do with that free-kick and his-rabbit-in-the-headlights act was suitably punished.

So depressing.

Sanche7

Barcelona set the trap on him beautifully there for Messi’s first goal. He hadn’t a fecking clue what to do with that free-kick and his-rabbit-in-the-headlights act was suitably punished.

So depressing.
If you see the RB had acres of space, I was wondering why isn't he passing to the RB

Trizy

What a fecking cnut.. he's the only United player I've ever hated. Even when he joined and was supposed to be in his "prime" he was fecking shite. Useless sack of shit!

Based Adnan

Ole has to hold some of the blame. Not sure why he keeps playing this clown every week when he's routinely dropping 1/10s. I'd rather play Dalot because even if he isn't ready he's got age on his side and he's not had one game as bad as Ashley Young has been in the last month.

AndyJ1985

A 33 year old converted winger who can't defend, can't attack, can't take a corner. Probably can't even wipe his own arse. But he's captain of Manchester United. feck off

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Looks so so out of his depth. Panicked when on ball, didn’t know what to do with it.

If Ole starts him next season, he’s got a major problem.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Dilly dallying on the ball led to the Messi goal, so yet again costing us games.

How is Young still getting games?

Jacob

Should save himself the embarrassment and resign the captaincy and refuse to play.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Ole has to hold some of the blame. Not sure why he keeps playing this clown every week when he's routinely dropping 1/10s. I'd rather play Dalot because even if he isn't ready he's got age on his side and he's not had one game as bad as Ashley Young has been in the last month.
Has Ashley Young had a game this year that is better than Dalot's worst game? Dalot has probably been a 5/6 out of 10 at worst. I can't remember better than 5/10 from Young all season!

BlueHaze

Highlight of his United career was being shat in the mouth by a bird. Says everything about him..

Kag

Five managers in a row have accommodated this wanker.

I’ve wanted him binned for about seven years now. You don’t know how glad I’ll be to see the back of him.

DownRiver

Only way I will forgive Ole if he doesn't play Young for the rest of the season.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Champions League quarter final, we've started off really fast and bright against Barcelona only being 1-0 down in the tie and then you do that. Seriously, feck off.

johanovic

Get this player out of the club now. How in hell is this man a captain for Man Utd? He´s useless as a winger and has been for a long time and he would not get into the Everton,Southampton,Palace,Burnley and other sides as fullback. But here he is playing against Barcelona. Go figure.

mav_9me

Not a chance. He'll get 3 seasons unless we get relegated (even then we'll struggle with the decision).
If we are not top 4 next year after spending decent whack this summer, Ole won't be here long.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

So depressing.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. When he was time on the ball he’s truly awful. In fact, whenever he’s on the ball it’s truly awful.

I’m all for keeping utility players and leaders for the good of the squad. But every time Young plays, it’s like playing with 10 men, he needs phasing out quickly.

PoTMS

Honestly I know hindsight is a bitch but I would've just preferred him booting the ball out into touch rather than trying to play it down the line.

dogwithabone

Gary Neville had a career ending defining moment as a United player, Young seems to have had half a dozen of these in the past two months.

atkar83

Should save himself the embarrassment and resign the captaincy and refuse to play.
He seems the type to 'pull' something if it gets bad enough, dunno why he hasn't done it yet. Long term member aside, he's done nothing in my opinion to deserve this respect from all these coaches. Effort alone shouldn't get you into the Manchester United team, let alone captain and automatic starter. He's disliked by most other players and fans due to his diving earlier in his career and somewhat cocky attitude.

He's been awful for quite some time but this last few weeks he's become the worst player I've seen in the 30 years I've been watching us.