Ashley Young - Captain of Manchester United

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s embarrassing at this point. For all involved.

Just feck him off to the MLS already, please.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I said it in another thread but we have no other options so he’s bound to start. Dalot potentially should play ahead of him but failing that, there’s no one else.

dirkey

Makes me angry every time I see him in a United shirt, let alone as captain. Imbecile of a player.

ravi2

Makes me angry every time I see him in a United shirt, let alone as captain. Imbecile of a player.
Can you really be mad at him? He has always been mediocre, even from the days of SAF
Blame the management and board for sanctioning such madness.

dirkey

Can you really be mad at him? He has always been mediocre, even from the days of SAF
Blame the management and board for sanctioning such madness.
I'm not really angry at him for getting picked. I'm angry that the club has been left in this state. And I'm angry at him for his play over the last few weeks, yes. His utter stupidity. Being average, he can't do much about. His stupidity, he can. The red card last week. The idiotic attempt to play out instead of booting the ball away. That makes me angry at him.

buckooo1978

why did Ole play him ahead of Dalot?

makes me wonder about Solskjaer's judgement given how poor Young has been

johanovic

I did quit watching when it was 3-0 tonight and switched to the Juve vs Ajax game. There was a true captain playing there for Ajax in De Light, he was immense and is a leader at the age of 19. Offer this young man the captain at Man Utd and pay him what ever it takes. There are not many leaders like him in the game.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ashley Young as captain is an embodiment of the state our club is in. :smirk:
Yep. After all the money United have spent since SAF retired you know something is still seriously wrong when Ashley Young's the captain in a Champions League quarter final against Barcelona.

John Johnson

Gary Neville said after his retirement that it was embarrassing for him to be selected in starting line ups in his latter years. Young must feel the same way

clarkydaz

You could see that coming in slow motion. Watching him amble on the ball was like a velociraptor eyeing a goat eating some grass

AgentP

Just look at him. A captain.
I knew he was going to feck up before he even took that free-kick. You could just see the fear in his game. He doesn't believe in himself so he keeps trying to take the easy way out and ends up gifting the ball to Messi.

settembrini

His new contract (which looks a farcical decision right now) must have included the 'captain always plays' clause that Rooney got.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I’ve started a GoFundMe to raise money for him to be banished to Outer Mongolia.

At least there he can collect some of the balls from the crosses he’s delivered.

LJJT

He’s been awful in the two Barca games. I have no issue with him being a back up full back playing 10-20 games a year but he cannot play regularly next year

CA_vampire

I did quit watching when it was 3-0 tonight and switched to the Juve vs Ajax game. There was a true captain playing there for Ajax in De Light, he was immense and is a leader at the age of 19. Offer this young man the captain at Man Utd and pay him what ever it takes. There are not many leaders like him in the game.
I wish. But he's probably going to Barca.

Chairman Steve

Truly in the right place at the right time the past few years... The revolving door of managers coupled with the lack of directors who work with the first team has meant he keeps getting chances.

If we had a proper DoF structure in place he’d have been sold by the time Jose turned up.

hobbers

He's been garbage his entire career.

How he's ended up captaining us as a failed-winger-full-back-who-was-not-even-Watford-standard-to-begin-with, well, that's a story almost as incredible as the bird who shat in his mouth.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You have to blame the doctor that refuses to put this dog down.

Morpheus 7

Just look at him. A captain.
That was some kind of torture, it will stick out more to me than Dave's howler. So many opportunities to clear it. People are going to call him so much in here but it's not his fault he's awful.
It's the clubs fault he's the captain and still here. Two things worried me before the game. Jones with his Frankenstein bandage teaming up with other chuckle brother, the second is Young in a coin toss with Messi. They should not be representing Man United at the Nou Camp.

R'hllor

Captain, leader, loyal, warrior, how he got only one year extension i dont know, thats a travesty by Ole.