Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Can I simply upload a picture from my phone in a post in some easy way I have not figured out?

Don't worry, I'm not going to flood the forum with Dirkpics.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Can I simply upload a picture from my phone in a post in some easy way I have not figured out?

Don't worry, I'm not going to flood the forum with Dirkpics.
No. You need to use a hosting site.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
No. You need to use a hosting site.
When I put something in Imgur and paste it in the image line it says, something went wrong, try again or contact an admin :(

Oh it works if I put it in media I guess..

Anustart89

When I put something in Imgur and paste it in the image line it says, something went wrong, try again or contact an admin :(

Oh it works if I put it in media I guess..
“Child looks on in horror as dad wears shoes indoors.”

Bondi77

I am back on the same subject again and it is the multiple threads that essentially cover the same topic and therefore an answer from one of the threads could be placed in another and not look out of place.

JosDeVos

Supports
Neutral.
Is it possible to have the 'Supports: Arsenal' bit removed or changed?

When signing up a couple eons ago, I suppose it was fair enough. Even though I mostly just enjoyed watching Vermaelen play (what a player, am I right).
Since the last couple of years however it really is more a case of just enjoying watching PL football, having a preference for games with Belgian players to keep an eye on, but overall not really caring much whether team a or b wins.

It's not exactly a big deal, though I do feel like it has some impact on how your messages are viewed.
I do understand wanting to have a distinction between United & non-United supporters, so perhaps a "Supports: Neutral" would be welcome?

Deery

Dreary
Manchester United. They said in the previous podcast thread that they were recording yesterday so new thread will probably be up in next couple of days.
Cheers thought it may have been up today.

Bratt

When signing up a couple eons ago, I suppose it was fair enough. Even though I mostly just enjoyed watching Vermaelen play (what a player, am I right).
Since the last couple of years however it really is more a case of just enjoying watching PL football, having a preference for games with Belgian players to keep an eye on, but overall not really caring much whether team a or b wins.

It's not exactly a big deal, though I do feel like it has some impact on how your messages are viewed.
I do understand wanting to have a distinction between United & non-United supporters, so perhaps a "Supports: Neutral" would be welcome?
I think you could change that yourself.
Click on the little head and torso thing at the top to access your profile. Then click account details, and scroll down till you see the supports field.
Write neutral or whatever, and hit save.

ToToMarshall

How do I attach a link to a tweet to a post/reply that actually shows the tweet? Sorry if this is has been asked already or there’s another thread for this question I just can’t find the answer.

Deery

Dreary
How do I attach a link to a tweet to a post/reply that actually shows the tweet? Sorry if this is has been asked already or there’s another thread for this question I just can’t find the answer.
Press the icon that looks like two chains (a link) it should say URL, paste in there and hit preview to see if t works, then post.

Conor

Can someone tell me if I am permabanned from the Crypto thread?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I am back on the same subject again and it is the multiple threads that essentially cover the same topic and therefore an answer from one of the threads could be placed in another and not look out of place.
Report the threads you feel are covered by another, put a link to the thread you think they should be merged with and a member of staff should deal with it. It is a bit chaotic at the moment.

You can change it yourself - Bratt has mentioned how.
Do you prefer the term admin, mod or modmin?
admin if referring to an admin, mod if referring to a mod, modmin if referring to the caf staff as a collective.
Can someone tell me if I am permabanned from the Crypto thread?
I've got the thread on ignore but looked at the action log and you are.

Conor

I've got the thread on ignore but looked at the action log and you are.
Is there anything I can do to change that? I had a 2 day ban for calling a persistent troll an arsehole in that thread, surely I've served my time?

Damien

Staff
Is there anything I can do to change that? I had a 2 day ban for calling a persistent troll an arsehole in that thread, surely I've served my time?
You'll have to take it up with the member of staff who banned you. I've got zero knowledge of what happened in that thread.

Conor

You'll have to take it up with the member of staff who banned you. I've got zero knowledge of what happened in that thread.
I can't see who did that though? It just says I got the warning from staff, no mention of who.

JosDeVos

Supports
Neutral.
I think you could change that yourself.
Click on the little head and torso thing at the top to access your profile. Then click account details, and scroll down till you see the supports field.
Write neutral or whatever, and hit save.
I swear I'm not always this dense, but I really don't see that option anywhere :houllier:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I swear I'm not always this dense, but I really don't see that option anywhere :houllier:
If you're on PC/laptop click your own name at the top right and then account details.

Though under the 'Supports' bit it does say " If you support a team other than Man Utd, let us know here. We openly welcome opposition supporters and knowing who you support helps moderators and other members treat you fairly. Leave this field blank if you support Manchester United. Once set, only an Admin can change this value so type carefully! " which may need fixing @Damien

JosDeVos

Supports
Neutral.
If you're on PC/laptop click your own name at the top right and then account details.

Though under the 'Supports' bit it does say " If you support a team other than Man Utd, let us know here. We openly welcome opposition supporters and knowing who you support helps moderators and other members treat you fairly. Leave this field blank if you support Manchester United. Once set, only an Admin can change this value so type carefully! " which may need fixing @Damien
"Once set, only an Admin can change this value so type carefully! " That bit is what I remembered having read a long long time ago, and which is why I thought I wouldn't be able to change it myself, and I guess also why it's not visible to me then? As I swear there's no 'supports' section in there for me.

Damien

Staff
The bit in bold is the key bit. I'm the only one who can change, so will just set it to blank @JosDeVos

I can't see who did that though? It just says I got the warning from staff, no mention of who.
@Raoul is the one to talk to.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Has there been some setting change on here or is it maybe a YouTube thing, because videos seem to start auto playing as soon as I scroll past them recently.

It’s bloody annoying.

@Damien you know everything.

Damien

Staff
Has there been some setting change on here or is it maybe a YouTube thing, because videos seem to start auto playing as soon as I scroll past them recently.

It’s bloody annoying.

@Damien you know everything.
No problem here. Tried on desktop (Firefox) and Samsung Galaxy S21+ (Firefox) and videos aren't autoplaying. It appears it could be an iPhone problem

I'll tag some of the other iPhone users to see if they do have the same issue @Paxi @Gearbox Paddy @UnrelatedPsuedo (your name is spelt wrong btw)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
No problem here. Tried on desktop (Firefox) and Samsung Galaxy S21+ (Firefox) and videos aren't autoplaying. It appears it could be an iPhone problem

I'll tag some of the other iPhone users to see if they do have the same issue @Paxi @Gearbox Paddy @UnrelatedPsuedo (your name is spelt wrong btw)
Yes some videos start autoplaying but not all. I’m using safari.

Gearbox Paddy

13 Pro Max safari, I don’t have this issue.

Maybe you have auto play enabled in the YouTube app?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

For what it's worth, it's not happening for me on Android (DuckDuckGo, Firefox) or Windows (Edge, Chrome, Chromium, Firefox) either.

Deery

Dreary
I think the videos are just hyper sensitive got rather than auto play and if you tonch them at all they play.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Doesn’t happen for me, i’m on iOS 15.1

Does it do it on this thread?

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/movie-trailers-new-old.457851/page-2
I think it’s this:

I think the videos are just hyper sensitive got rather than auto play and if you tonch them at all they play.
So in that movie thread, the top video doesn’t start playing when the page loads, but if I touch it whilst scrolling (which is almost unavoidable) it immediately starts playing even if you’re scrolling rather than tapping it.

Deery

Dreary
So in that movie thread, the top video doesn’t start playing when the page loads, but if I touch it whilst scrolling (which is almost unavoidable) it immediately starts playing even if you’re scrolling rather than tapping it.
The middle video started playing when I scrolled down that time, I think I brushed it with my thumb.