Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I really think we should make the twitter thread rules consistent in every redcafe thread. Sick and tired of seeing fake shit journalist tweets clogg up every thread.
The quality of the forum (especially the United and Transfer section) would drastically improve if there were no discussions of tier 5 sources. Having the rules applied to thread OPs would go a long way as well.

Can this be considered?

Withnail

The quality of the forum (especially the United and Transfer section) would drastically improve if there were no discussions of tier 5 sources. Having the rules applied to thread OPs would go a long way as well.

Can this be considered?
What would the muppets do then? You have the transfer thread for the tweets from approved sources. Leave them to their flight maps and rumours of shady conversations in hotel lobbies. It's all a bit of fun.

iKnowNothing

I got the “Under Maintenance“ banner a couple of times yesterday while browsing the Transfer forum on my phone. I switched to Incognito mode and it worked fine. Then I came back to normal browser mode and it’s been fine since.

Just for future reference, should I be logging out first, post website maintenance or do something else (like clear cookies or something?)

dinostar77

Hello Mods, why do i get permission deined when i want to add a particular individual to my ignore list? Doesnt happen with anyone else.

Withnail

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask why my Skeptics thread has had posts removed about crypto?

People have been speaking that thread about it today, this doesn't bother the people in the dedicated crypto thread who get frustrated at people posting "FUD" (I.e posts not supporting or discussing why crypto is a good investment etc)

I created the thread on a large set of topics, Tesla, Uber, deliveroo, Theranos etc.

Seems exceptionally harsh and I don't get it?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask why my Skeptics thread has had posts removed about crypto?

People have been speaking that thread about it today, this doesn't bother the people in the dedicated crypto thread who get frustrated at people posting "FUD" (I.e posts not supporting or discussing why crypto is a good investment etc)

I created the thread on a large set of topics, Tesla, Uber, deliveroo, Theranos etc.

Seems exceptionally harsh and I don't get it?
Frankly, because you were banned from talking about cryptocurrency here. So, if you try to circumnavigate your ban by sticking it amongst other topics in the hope we don’t notice, either you or your posts will be removed.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Frankly, because you were banned from talking about cryptocurrency here. So, if you try to circumnavigate your ban by sticking it amongst other topics in the hope we don’t notice, either you or your posts will be removed.
This frankly, isn't true, no one tried to circumnavigate a thread ban.

But again, what you're actually telling me is that I wasn't thread banned, I was in fact banned from discussing a certain subject across the entire site? Those two things are diametrically opposite stances.

golden_blunder

Staff
This frankly, isn't true, no one tried to circumnavigate a thread ban.

But again, what you're actually telling me is that I wasn't thread banned, I was in fact banned from discussing a certain subject across the entire site? Those two things are diametrically opposite stances.
If you’re thread banned from a very specific topic, then it’s a fair shout that you shouldn’t raise that topic in other threads

Murder on Zidane's Floor

If you’re thread banned from a very specific topic, then it’s a fair shout that you shouldn’t raise that topic in other threads
So if someone is threadbanned from speaking about why Ronaldo isn't the greatest player ever in a pro-Ronaldo thread, the site stance is that poster can no longer discuss Ronaldo not being the greatest player ever, in any other thread, including those which might discuss overrated players etc?

golden_blunder

Staff
So if someone is threadbanned from speaking about why Ronaldo isn't the greatest player ever in a pro-Ronaldo thread, the site stance is that poster can no longer discuss Ronaldo not being the greatest player ever, in any other thread, including those which might discuss overrated players etc?
Perhaps yes or perhaps not, but a decision would have to be for the specific reasoning that caused a thread ban. I didn’t thread ban so I’m trying to find the person that did to have a conversation with you to explain the thread ban

on a personal basis if I’ve had a thread ban id stay well clear of that topic after

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Perhaps yes or perhaps not, but a decision would have to be for the specific reasoning that caused a thread ban. I didn’t thread ban so I’m trying to find the person that did to have a conversation with you to explain the thread ban

on a personal basis if I’ve had a thread ban id stay well clear of that topic after
People complained they didn't like the content of my posts and attacked me, personally (I didn't complain). Some posters muted me and suggested to other that they mute me. That wasn't enough so a few complained to a sympathetic mod and I was banned.

golden_blunder

Staff
People complained they didn't like the content of my posts and attacked me, personally (I didn't complain). Some posters muted me and suggested to other that they mute me. That wasn't enough so a few complained to a sympathetic mod and I was banned.
You’re making an assumption that we just go with majority. Surely my recent poll shows that’s not correct
We decide after reading the nature of the complaints and agree or not if they stand up or are people just whining

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You’re making an assumption that we just go with majority. Surely my recent poll shows that’s not correct
We decide after reading the nature of the complaints and agree or not if they stand up or are people just whining
I appreciate your reply. It's all academic really as I cannot post on the subject site wide.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
What would the muppets do then? You have the transfer thread for the tweets from approved sources. Leave them to their flight maps and rumours of shady conversations in hotel lobbies. It's all a bit of fun.
Good point. However, just to be sure, how about we do a poll with 4 options and go with the least popular one? :wenger:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Hello fellers, i made a gif but i get a error message when trying to insert link from IMGUR into the post.

Can anyone please help :D
Are you attempting to post the gif as media or an image @AlexUTD? gifs need to be posted as images.

If the image interface is giving you an error message wrap the link in image tags (put IMG in square brackets in front of the link and /IMG in square brackets at the end).

AlexUTD

Are you attempting to post the gif as media or an image @AlexUTD? gifs need to be posted as images.

If the image interface is giving you an error message wrap the link in image tags (put IMG in square brackets in front of the link and /IMG in square brackets at the end).
Thanks for help mate, i used as meda now and worked but would looks nicer as IMG i guess!

Withnail

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I presume you're still trying to put them on ignore which I told you how to do a couple of weeks ago. You've got me on ignore for some reason, haven't you? If so, the ironing is delicious :lol:
Looks like he does! :lol:

Withnail

Looks like he does! :lol:
I'd love to know what I did. I have no recollection of any row but I had a look and the only interaction I can see that was in anyway confrontational was when I told him Duncan Castle's podcast was an exercise in throwing shit at the wall. But that's a facht!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I'd love to know what I did. I have no recollection of any row but I had a look and the only interaction I can see that was in anyway confrontational was when I told him Duncan Castle's podcast was an exercise in throwing shit at the wall. But that's a facht!
Can't help you there! I have the impression @Daslogisch has me on ignore, and I hadn't even noticed them (or at least I didn't remember) until recently!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Ha! It's just because you pretty much repeated my posts in the Eredivisie thread (different details etc, but same overall point) and didn't mention anything - it looked like you just hadn't seen my posts at all. :)

(Yes, I was craving for attention! :D )

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Is there any way I can get some more info on this? I’m pretty certain I haven’t broken any of these.
@Sultan might be able to explain (here or in PM), but I think an issue here may have been insisting (despite other members' arguments) on making legal accusations that have been rejected in court and might get the forum into trouble (libel).

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
@Sultan might be able to explain (here or in PM), but I think an issue here may have been insisting (despite other members' arguments) on making legal accusations that have been rejected in court and might get the forum into trouble (libel).
I suggest a PM @Niall if the question is not answered in the link provided by @golden_blunder