Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Have you followed that link? You will find rule violations covers most but not all things. Mods use their judgement and try to apply the rules as they see fit.
Sorry I just read the post. I agree with the warning issued in this case. If you state that player X raped someone; it’s the board that will get the legal letters. The owner of the board does not want or need those. We’ve asked everyone to not name people so even though the case is legally done in the US, we could still be held responsible for your attacks on his character.
Just remember that it’s written down for all to see

golden_blunder

Staff
Can we remove the unnecessary slagging off of posts or threads.

If someone doesn't have something good to say then really they are just there to insult other forum members. It's in the forum rules so how about cracking down on some of those who have no good intention.
We have a mantra here “attack the posts not the poster”, so if people think a post is nonsense they can critique it but not personal insults to poster.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Can we remove the unnecessary slagging off of posts or threads.

If someone doesn't have something good to say then really they are just there to insult other forum members. It's in the forum rules so how about cracking down on some of those who have no good intention.
This isn't a technical question so, as the title suggests, please PM us instead.

Roosney

Not sure how much you control the site frontend code but it seems there's some function using a timeout/delay to scroll the page randomly.

Hard to replicate the bug but it might have something to do with clicking a spoiler button (adds #post-id to url) and then scrolling to different directions. The animated scroll eases and stops smoothly when a post (with a spoiler button) fits in the top corner of the browser viewport so it's a calculated action.
Some times it seems to have more than one scroll animation in queue and the site goes wild :D

Android / Chrome

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Not sure how much you control the site frontend code but it seems there's some function using a timeout/delay to scroll the page randomly.

Hard to replicate the bug but it might have something to do with clicking a spoiler button (adds #post-id to url) and then scrolling to different directions. The animated scroll eases and stops smoothly when a post (with a spoiler button) fits in the top corner of the browser viewport so it's a calculated action.
Some times it seems to have more than one scroll animation in queue and the site goes wild :D

Android / Chrome
Are you able to capture a video of the behaviour and share it?

Roosney

Are you able to capture a video of the behaviour and share it?
I could try to replicate it but if there's any scrollTo js stuff related to spoiler buttons and/or url hash/parameter changes etc I would take a quick look at it. I'll ping you if I get a screen cap of it.

Roosney

@Niall sent you a dm with a link to Google Drive.
It's the very last scroll on the video recording, I tapped the spoiler buttons, scrolled down and then upwards a bit and then the scroll got triggered.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
When I touch the 3 bars in the top left of the screen, on mobile, a side bar opens and Transfer Tweets heading will tell me how many new Tweets since the last time I checked.

This counter no longer shows, even though there are new Tweets showing when I touch the link.

wtf is going on @Niall ??? :)

golden_blunder

Staff
When I touch the 3 bars in the top left of the screen, on mobile, a side bar opens and Transfer Tweets heading will tell me how many new Tweets since the last time I checked.

This counter no longer shows, even though there are new Tweets showing when I touch the link.

wtf is going on @Niall ??? :)
Mines works, it’s got a number
Assuming you haven’t looked at them all and therefore your number is none, then delete cookies etc and try again

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
So these people can’t be ignored?
I must have seen that question at least a dozen times the past year! :lol:

Just add 'ignore/' to the url of the poster's profile.

Withnail

I must have seen that question at least a dozen times the past year! :lol:

Just add 'ignore/' to the url of the poster's profile.
Almost as often as the yellow cog thing :lol:

But maybe somebody can sort it so you can still see the ignore button at least. Or is it a computer says no situation?

Withnail

Probably too much faffing. I'll add the ignore thing to the FAQs that probably hardly anyone reads as well as on a notice in this thread above the reply box that also probably hardly anyone reads
:lol:

The server gods have conspired against me:

Oh well, sorry @Cheimoon and @Withnail. I've added them to the FAQs at least but chances of them being read are slim.
Boo. Alright, fair enough. At least you tried.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This has been asked 100 times, so I apologize in advance.
When sharing images, I try imgur and imgbb > click on the picture icon in my post > paste the link > it tells me to contact the site admin?

It was just to share an FPL draft:

https://ibb.co/bHRKQzp or for example.

Also tried it without the "https://" bit.. but no luck

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Probably too much faffing. I'll add the ignore thing to the FAQs that probably hardly anyone reads as well as on a notice in this thread above the reply box that also probably hardly anyone reads
That's... uplifting?

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
I've tried in the current events and football forum and keep getting an error saying check browser console for more details.

How can I post?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Any idea mate? :(
You did manage to post a new thread here so that rules out certain kinds of problem.

The error you're seeing sometimes comes up in response to a particular pattern of letters/numbers in the title or the post. It's often a URL that triggers it, which could mean a link or a media link.

Maybe try posting a really simple new thread in the FF - no URLs, media, smilies or @ things etc. Reply in here with what happens and I'll delete the test thread if it appears.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
You did manage to post a new thread here so that rules out certain kinds of problem.

The error you're seeing sometimes comes up in response to a particular pattern of letters/numbers in the title or the post. It's often a URL that triggers it, which could mean a link or a media link.

Maybe try posting a really simple new thread in the FF - no URLs, media, smilies or @ things etc. Reply in here with what happens and I'll delete the test thread if it appears.
The thread just had text in it and nothing else.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
Don't know then.

Maybe try the usual - clear cookies, history stuff. Also, when you try to create the new thread, try a delete draft and clear the title, and then do the post again. Beyond that, we're past my post grade.
Would bad language be a potential cause? Is that not allowed in new threads?