Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Thanks.

I don't want to delete my account at the moment, but I'll holler if I do.
You can also ask for a ban. Much easier and not as final, in case you'd ever want to come back.

JMack1234

Thanks for all your help but I've had my fill.

Can you ban or close this account please?

Thanks

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Was searching for the clocks thread @Niall and got some weird stuff on the page. Refreshed a couple of times but it didn’t seem to go away. Not sure if this is something minor or whether I’ve discovered The Matrix.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Hi admin / mod team - I posted a couple of videos on ratting in the Rats thread (ie the use of dogs to exterminate a rat infestation). I got a note saying it's deleted. Not that I have a problem with it being deleted but what is the reason? Is it because it's showing the rats being killed? Thanks.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Hi admin / mod team - I posted a couple of videos on ratting in the Rats thread (ie the use of dogs to exterminate a rat infestation). I got a note saying it's deleted. Not that I have a problem with it being deleted but what is the reason? Is it because it's showing the rats being killed? Thanks.

Yes of course.

Not everybody wants to see stuff like that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yes of course.

Not everybody wants to see stuff like that.
How else do you expect him to kill the 30-50 feral rats that run into his yard within 3-5 mins while his small kids play?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Maybe spoilered? You can add text to spoilers, too, @The Corinthian, to warn people what's inside.

Not that I have any content here.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just posted something replete with spelling errors & went back in pretty quickly to correct them. I realized the ‘edit’ disclaimer didn’t pop up.

How much time is given to amend a post before the disclaimer gets shown when doing so?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Out of interest - how come there's no filter for the search function? Say 'by date created', 'last posted' etc.

Like I went to find the Ronaldo thread just now because I wanted to say SIUUU and couldn't find the most recent one (the Juve one?).

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Another question: could there be a button 'Open All Alerts'? I often have 10+ alerts, so this button would be very nice.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Another question: could there be a button 'Open All Alerts'? I often have 10+ alerts, so this button would be very nice.
If you click the alert icon twice it should open the main alert page. One click for the pop up, then the second should bring the page with them all on.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
If you click the alert icon twice it should open the main alert page. One click for the pop up, then the second should bring the page with them all on.
I knew that one, but what I'd like is that, if it says '11 new alerts', you can press a button to open them all in new tabs. Or is that what you're saying?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I knew that one, but what I'd like is that, if it says '11 new alerts', you can press a button to open them all in new tabs. Or is that what you're saying?
I'm not really sure, I don't remember having 10+ alerts so I don't know :(:lol: I just know about double clicking it to open all your alerts.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Just click on every while holding CTRL key pressed.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Long press, open in new tab. :smirk:
I know. :)

Basically this whole thing is me being lazy and seeing if there's a way to avoid having to click x times to open them all.

Tiber

What's up with the Nespresso mobile popup style advert that surrounds the whole screen and stops you from scrolling? I seem to get it a lot and it's rather annoying.

I totally understand you have to pay the bills, but it feels a bit intrusive when it stops me using the screen

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Twitter avatar pics & pictures are showing up grey for me, happened all of a sudden.

Gifs / video clips are viewable.

Any suggestions?

OverratedOpinion

Figured it out, just seems you have to load the football forum through the forums page rather than on the tabs at the top of the homepage.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Figured it out, just seems you have to load the football forum through the forums page rather than on the tabs at the top of the homepage.
Yeah, you have to be in a specific subforum to create a new thread. Those tabs include posts from all fora that cover the tab's subject, so you can't create a thread as it wouldn't be clear where you'd be creating it.

paulscholes18

Twitter avatar pics & pictures are showing up grey for me, happened all of a sudden.

Gifs / video clips are viewable.

Any suggestions?
I can only see the top half of any tweets that get posted, that has only started happening since yesterday

GazTheLegend

I want to post a (probably incendiary) thread on the new Star Wars trilogy having watched it again on a streaming service. Am I better off making a new thread or necromancing any one of the old ones?

Also a general question on thread necromancy and the opinions on it therein here.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I want to post a (probably incendiary) thread on the new Star Wars trilogy having watched it again on a streaming service. Am I better off making a new thread or necromancing any one of the old ones?

Also a general question on thread necromancy and the opinions on it therein here.
Make a new thread.

Necromancy is generally not great, but in the Entertainment Forum if you're wanting to add an opinion about one film, I'd generally advise putting it in the existing thread no matter how old it is.

As you're on about the trilogy as a whole it is best to make a new one

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Funny that you're not allowed to write "IRL" without the quotation marks on the Caf. You can't even write d a t with quotation marks. Feels ever so slightly pearl-clutchingy.
Following up from another thread: what's with 'd-a-t' actually? I have no idea what it would mean in English that's unacceptable in this form.

(I found out because I PM with people in Dutch sometimes, and it's a right pain that 'd-a-t' becomes ***, as Dutch 'd-a-t' is pretty much exactly equivalent to English 'that', so it's used a lot. Actually even more, as you can't leave it out between clauses. Not that that's a reason to change the autocorrect of course, but it got me curious.)

nimic

something nice
Scout
Following up from another thread: what's with 'd-a-t' actually? I have no idea what it would mean in English that's unacceptable in this form.

(I found out because I PM with people in Dutch sometimes, and it's a right pain that 'd-a-t' becomes ***, as Dutch 'd-a-t' is pretty much exactly equivalent to English 'that', so it's used a lot. Actually even more, as you can't leave it out between clauses. Not that that's a reason to change the autocorrect of course, but it got me curious.)
It's just "that". The Caf is generally quite permissible, but there are some things that it's hilariously over the top against. Text speak in general is a huge no-no, and I guess d-a-t epitomized that more than anything else (*** ass). I imagine these things come in waves, because there are different systems at work here. *** is straight up censored, while if you try "IRL" it simply won't let you post. WTF is fine, but "LOL" isn't, nor are "LMAO" or "ROFL". But then TTYL, AFK and OMG are allowed.

Then there are cnut and feck (but not wanker or twat), which I am pretty sure are more recent, though not particularly recent still. You used to be able to circumvent it simply by changing the text colour to another shade of black, but not any more.

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It's just "that". The Caf is generally quite permissible, but there are some things that it's hilariously over the top against. Text speak in general is a huge no-no, and I guess d-a-t epitomized that more than anything else (*** ass). I imagine these things come in waves, because there are different systems at work here. *** is straight up censored, while if you try "IRL" it simply won't let you post. WTF is fine, but "LOL" isn't, nor are "LMAO" or "ROFL". But then TTYL, AFK and OMG are allowed.

Then there are cnut and feck (but not wanker or twat), which I am pretty sure are more recent, though not particularly recent still. You used to be able to circumvent it simply by changing the text colour to another shade of black, but not any more.
Ha, that easy - didn't think about ***.

I get the curses btw (another one ***'s allowed), except they're pretty easy to get around through 'fvck' and 'cvnt', which read exactly like if there were a 'u'.