Assassination attempt on the Prime Minister of Slovakia

nimic

something nice
Scout

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
He sounds like a nice fella, hope he recovers well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I was in Bratislava recently on the night they elected their President. We were right next to the losing candidate as he walked in to his event place that night and walked past him the next day when he was doing interviews too.

Seemed like a peaceful place anyway! You could get very close to any of the leaders.

Hanks

Wild that two of the most high-profile assassination attempts on high-ranking politicians lately have happened in two of the safest countries out there.

Japan and Slovakia

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I was in Bratislava recently on the night they elected their President. We were right next to the losing candidate as he walked in to his event place that night and walked past him the next day when he was doing interviews too.

Seemed like a peaceful place anyway! You could get very close to any of the leaders.
I assume it's like that in most european countries. If I want to and plan it, I can shake the hand of any portuguese politician without any security ever checking me.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Given that press releases in this kind of situation virtually always understate the seriousness of the injury, I find it worrying that his condition was very quickly described as ‘life threatening’.

BarstoolProphet

Given that press releases in this kind of situation virtually always understate the seriousness of the injury, I find it worrying that his condition was very quickly described as ‘life threatening’.
Yeah, and that they said the next few hours will be critical. Several gunshots to the stomach region doesn't sound good.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Yeah, and that they said the next few hours will be critical. Several gunshots to the stomach region doesn't sound good.
No, i totally agree. Far too many major blood vessels and vital organs in that area. I think i read somewhere that it was stomach AND head, but I can't find it now.

Siorac

The attacker was reportedly a member of a pro-Russian paramilitary group.

Chumpsbechumps

That would be surprising given his support for Russia and opposition to providing any support to Ukraine.
Unless it’s one of those conspiracy things where the pro Russians kill their own to get more support and power?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Slovak politicians with press conferences saying it was politically motivated and that its been stoked by the political differences people have had with Fico.

Doesn't really make sense at all that it would be a Pro Russian assailant in the circumstances?

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
That isn't really a debunk is it? Its just saying its not a member of that politician's party?
What kind of evidence were you expecting? It was disgusting and cheap shot to drag political opponents into this. It has no legs. On the contrary some information, photos etc. start to surface which links him with right wing extremists. E.g. He apparently wrote quite a racist book about Roma people.

Last edited: