Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 48 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
    Neil Warnock gives his assessment of the game-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/neil-warnock-hopes-christian-benteke-6244588

"The way they are at the moment, I am expected a dour, horrible game with hardly a chance from Man United, with Man United winning 1-0."

"I do hope Benteke starts to get like he can do."

"Tim (Sherwood) has worked really hard getting players in and I want to see the place bouncing."
    Yeah, I think Michael Owen will nick the winner for us. Do you reckon Park and Rafael will be enough in central midfield?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    On another note, we seem to be in a much better shape with regards to injuries. We've only had one. Schweinsteiger I think. This time last year we had about 10.

the hea

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says he has no injury concerns ahead of the trip to Aston Villa on Friday night, but both Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo will miss the visit to Villa Park.
    When asked whether he expected the goalkeeping situation to remain the same for the Villa trip following David De Gea's absence for the opening day, van Gaal said: "There’s no difference. The transfer period is still open and he [De Gea] has still the same problem."

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    I think it'll be 0-0.

A complete snooze fest.

We will have 70% possesion

Yet We will have 2 shots on target.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
    Panthère du Ndé
    Have a feeling we'll go guns blazing. Van Gaal said we had to be better in away games, think he made that really clear to the players.

0-4, 13 shots on goal.

Ryan7

I think it'll be 0-0.

A complete snooze fest.

We will have 70% possesion

Yet We will have 2 shots on target.
    I wouldn't be surprised. However, I'm thinking 1-1 or 2-1 to United. It'll definitely be a snooze fest.

Shark

@NotShark
    Yeah I'm going with a 0-0 scoreline. If we are to win it'll be another 1-0, as I don't think we've clicked up top yet.

FujiVice

I'd take another dull 1-0 to United. As long as their is 3 points on the board I wont complain.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
    2-0 for us, will be a comfortable game which we dominate without beeing brilliant. Memphis will score his first one and I hope Rooney can score too and play himself in form.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    I think this has the potential to be scrappy win/loss/draw or a thrashing victory depending on if Villa are up for it. My biggest concern about the game on Saturday was that we were a little bit off the pace, I hope tomorrow we will be a bit quicker in our movement and on the ball. I was impressed when Schweinsteiger came on, I thought he looked positive, got the ball moving forwards and did a little bit of dirty work. My hope is that he will start the match in place of Carrick but I don't think it will be so. I also hope that Van Gaal will try Memphis on the wing and that Herrera can get a start but I believe we will stay with pretty much the same team as last week.

My hopeful XI (4-2-3-1)

Romero

Shaw
    Blind
    Smalling
    Darmian

Schneiderlin
    Schweinsteiger

Depay
    Herrera
    Mata

Rooney

Hopeful prediction: 3-0 United

Shady

Villa doesn't look too impressive on paper, but some of the players are unknown so they are hard to judge. Hate or love Sherwood, but he always has a go and isn't afraid of attacking the big teams. Think we might be in for a tough game.

othersna

Let's just not play with Young on the left and Memphis behind\around Rooney again please, regardless of result this lineup would make me a happy man.

Carrick\Basti - Schneiderlin
    Mata ------ Herrera ------ Memphis
    Rooney​

HeckneyNoodo

After being so confident of a 5-1 win against Tottenham, all I got from the match was a power nap after the first half. I expect another power nap session.

Devil may care

I think Sherwood will try and exploit our CB and keeper weakness better than Pochetino did, more high balls and more attempts to unsettle Romero.

caid

I think we'll be a bit boring but defensively comfortable.
    Smalling will cope with Gestude as he has with better strikers.
    1-0 or 2-0 and a scrappy win

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
    Think Smalling will have a tough time with Gestede. Strong 6'4" striker who has scored 20 headed goals in his last two seasons.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
    Would like to see Januzaj and Herrera in the starting line-up.

Goal Keeper
    Darmian Smalling Evans Shaw
    Schneiderlin Herrera
    Mata Januzaj Depay
    Rooney
    Will most likely get the same line-up as last game.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
    I think Sherwood will try and exploit our CB and keeper weakness better than Pochetino did, more high balls and more attempts to unsettle Romero.
    Not like Pocchetino could exploit that any more than he did. Blind was beating Kane in the air.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
    Think we'll see a bit more impetus in attack though still not the swashbuckling stuff people expect. Felt like a lot of our moves on Saturday were a pass away from actual chances, the sort of thing that improves with time. Spurs had a much better midfield also, so expecting us to win more of the game there. Could see us being susceptible to their speed.

Listar

Schweinsteigger in Carrick out.
    Yes that worked out well last game didn't it? With Carrick subbed out, Herrera and Schweinsteigger in after 70 mins we totally dominated the match, other than being more toothless in attack, unable to hold possession and had more ass-twitching moments. But yeah, we do better when Carrick is not there, eventhough history tell us that we lose more points without him.

santeria13

Sublemon
    Schweinsteigger in Carrick out.
    :confused: Carrick was by far our best player bar Smalling, Darmian and Romero last game. As the poster above me mentioned, last season pretty much proved how vital he is to our performances.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
    I think we will see a few changes from the Spurs game due to our match against Club Brugge.

Anduin

Yes that worked out well last game didn't it? With Carrick subbed out, Herrera and Schweinsteigger in after 70 mins we totally dominated the match, other than being more toothless in attack, unable to hold possession and had more ass-twitching moments. But yeah, we do better when Carrick is not there, eventhough history tell us that we lose more points without him.
    Not sure mate, Spurs did nothing until Valencia came on and we were reminded what it was like having no right-back after seeing a terrific performance by Darmian for 75 minutes. Generally I agree though, Carrick is very important in our ball retention and Schweini still needs time to adapt and improve his fitness.

Today I expect a rather cagey affair ending in a score draw, going for 1-1.

podurban2

For crying out loud LvG, at least play that poor little Spanish boy Ander on his own birthday!

Romero
    Darmian-Smalling-Blind-Shaw
    Basti-Schneiderlin
    Mata-Herrera-Memphis
    Rooney

Subs: Pereira, Young, Carrick

1-3

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
    We were dominated because Darmian had to go off. They were passing through Valencia's side like he wasn't even there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 1058 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw