Aubameyang - yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedishFish

Buy Auba for 60 million.

Arsenal buy Zaha for 80 million= 20 million in.

Sell Lukaku to Inter for 75 million.

= profit

;)

haram

He's not though.

Goalscoring wise he did very well, but if he doesn't score he's totally invisible. Seems to barely get involved in play and it's like having 10 men on the pitch for them at times. Feck me the EL final with him and Ozil, Arsenal were basically starting with nine men.

He's got superb shooting technique (although he fecks up some easy chances) so scores some lovely goals, obviously has pace and is great at getting in behind .. but most of the time you'll struggle to realise he's even on the pitch. I guess if he's scoring goals people don't care about that.

I honestly don't think he's that much better than a player like Vardy. Similar attributes with Auba having better technique but doesn't work as hard off the ball.
I agree with this post.

AJ10

He's not though.

Goalscoring wise he did very well, but if he doesn't score he's totally invisible. Seems to barely get involved in play and it's like having 10 men on the pitch for them at times. Feck me the EL final with him and Ozil, Arsenal were basically starting with nine men.

He's got superb shooting technique (although he fecks up some easy chances) so scores some lovely goals, obviously has pace and is great at getting in behind .. but most of the time you'll struggle to realise he's even on the pitch. I guess if he's scoring goals people don't care about that.

I honestly don't think he's that much better than a player like Vardy. Similar attributes with Auba having better technique but doesn't work as hard off the ball.
Imagine if we sell lukaku to buy this guy. Better touch,finisher and ?

haram

Imagine if we sell lukaku to buy this guy. Better touch,finisher and ?
When the teams met Lukaku was the better striker in general play despite Aubameyang scoring a tap in. Lukaku obviously plays a pass as good as a goal but it will never be mentioned.

AJ10

When the teams met Lukaku was the better striker in general play despite Aubameyang scoring a tap in. Lukaku obviously plays a pass as good as a goal but it will never be mentioned.
Yeah, Not much of a upgrade on general play. Not sure whose the better finisher is.

Champagne Football

It might not take 70 mil to get him . If we could get him for less would you still be calling your psychiatrist
I'll definitely call my shrink if he arrives because it would be as daft as Tottenham offering £300,000 a week to Ozil and Robben to come and play for them. As that would go totally against their transfer policy.

AaronRedDevil

If we buy him it'll be a good choice. He doesn't look like he's slowing down at all. He's still fast as hell. And has a good shot on him. Could get another solid 3 or 4 years out of him.

haram

If we buy him it'll be a good choice. He doesn't look like he's slowing down at all. He's still fast as hell. And has a good shot on him. Could get another solid 3 or 4 years out of him.
Fast, good shot, goes missing in games other than that, 30 years old, 70 million. Sensational signing.

Devil81

No.

Stop buying old players please, I'd much rather we go big for a talent like Piatek. We've already missed out on Jovic, these young strikers have potential to be the next stars and the last round of strikers (Aguero & Benzeme) we missed out.

Tel074

I'll definitely call my shrink if he arrives because it would be as daft as Tottenham offering £300,000 a week to Ozil and Robben to come and play for them. As that would go totally against their transfer policy.
I wouldnt be suprised if we sign him or Rakitic . We cant sign only young players we do need a bit of quality experienced players mixed in

redshaw

I'd be worried what we do with him at 31/32 when he'll probably look crap. Daft wages and fee we have to write-off. We'll sell him to a Turkish team for 4 million I bet.

I don't believe this is happening though. Did this originate from talksport?

It's a player we should've bought, scores more than a goal every other game. Strange how Arsenal are said to be selling him unless they're going with a different formation. He seems to have a good thing going there so it's a bit strange.

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, Lukaku's played some world class passes/through balls. He's pretty underrated in that regard. Some were so good that they caught our other attackers by surprise.

I still would prefer a better technical striker but credit where it's due.

Swiss_Red89

If we sell Lukaku a big YES! If we dont sell Lukaku i would sign him as well.
I love Rashford but i think the pressure on him as our number one striker would be too huge. Especially if we have a bad start and he isn't performing from day one.

Auba knows where the goal is, he could be useful for us i'm sure.

haram

Yeah, Lukaku's played some world class passes/through balls. He's pretty underrated in that regard. Some were so good that they caught our other attackers by surprise.

I still would prefer a better technical striker but credit where it's due.
Lukaku also puts in good crosses. Maybe the best in the current squad.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If he was 25, yeah. But it’s purely his age that concerns me.

roseguy64

He's not though.

So he's Lukaku with a better first touch. Wouldn't work for us based on the ridiculously low amount of chances we've managed to serve up for Romelu.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Of course yes. Can’t all be about youth, need some experience and despite his age he’s still fast. Wasn’t great last season and still top scorer. Why would Arsenal sell to us though?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd rather have Lacazette but then I guess the reason is obvious as to why Arsenal are willing to let Aubameyang go and not him

lsd

The Oracle
If Lukaku goes we will certainly need to buy a striker as theres no way Rashford is going to score enough goals

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
So he's Lukaku with a better first touch. Wouldn't work for us based on the ridiculously low amount of chances we've managed to serve up for Romelu.
I certainly don't think he would make some huge impact for you. He accelerates faster than Lukaku and is better at getting in behind (although both of them have good movement) so potentially a good player for Pogba to link up with, but I do think there's a reason Arsenal were allowed a run at him and no top side were all that interested.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I also think it's a moot point. With the signings you've made thus far this window (AWB, James) it's pretty clear that Ole is aiming to build something for the long term with hungry, young and talented players.

He's not about to throw loads of money at a 30 year old striker like Aubameyang, that's the kind of signing I imagine Ole wants to move you away from. The kind where the player will probably view you as his last big paying contract that he can sit on, Sanchez style.

mu4c_20le

I also think it's a moot point. With the signings you've made thus far this window (AWB, James) it's pretty clear that Ole is aiming to build something for the long term with hungry, young and talented players.

He's not about to throw loads of money at a 30 year old striker like Aubameyang, that's the kind of signing I imagine Ole wants to move you away from. The kind where the player will probably view you as his last big paying contract that he can sit on, Sanchez style.
If he is following SAF's philosophy, then it means we will have at least one experienced striker in the squad. Fergie usually had 4.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Would rather pinch Son from your lot, he’d mix nicely with Rashford

Canagel

Better than Lukaku but still not all round. Laca is more complete.

JMack1234

Nah

If we want a forward to come in as and when then Ben Yedder is our guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.