Auction-Trade Madness Draft

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@Raees @Invictus Did you guys change after seeing opponents list? If so, that not cool, lads. Please change back to original.
Although poor gamesmanship, they used the rule to their advantage, there was also the risk of this happening, they were just unlucky TRV caught them out. Can't fathom why you changed it from PM to open.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
@Raees @Invictus Did you guys change after seeing opponents list? If so, that not cool, lads. Please change back to original.
Original.. we do apologise (got our wires crossed) Invictus posted on here without me even knowing, but I had PM'd EAP with the following before the deadline.

Godin Alves Kohler Zico Maradona

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
FINAL BLOCK LIST
  1. Kohler
  2. Maradona
  3. Alves
  4. Godín
  5. George Best.
  6. Romário.
  7. Zico (double-picked)
  8. Thierry Henry.
  9. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

Deleted member 101472

Can someone explain to me the advantage that was to be gained by changing Zico to rivaldo?

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Dunno, Raees and I hadn't finalized the 5th pick, and probably went with Zico/Rivaldo in a last-minute mixup. Fine with either, TBH - I think he PMed you as well.

Enigma_87

You know who
Original.. we do apologise (got our wires crossed) Invictus posted on here without me even knowing, but I had PM'd EAP with the following before the deadline.

Dunno, Raees and I hadn't finalized the 5th pick, and probably went with Zico/Rivaldo in a last-minute mixup. Fine with either, TBH - I think he PMed you as well.
No worries lads. Surprised you aren't after Zico would fit Pele like a glove.

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool

No worries, lads.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Same old invictus, always cheating
Huh? Alrighty, I don't mind stepping down on my end if that honest-to-God communication gaffe was supposed to be a big, evil ploy — and tantamount to “always cheating”. Infact, y'know what? I've completely lost my appetite for drafts, so there you go. Apologies, @Raees — though I'm sure someone more suitable will be able to fill-in as an AM for reinforcements and the final (one of the semi-finalists, perhaps). Good luck, @Enigma_87 and @The Red Viper; and cheers for modding the game, as usual, @Edgar Allan Pillow.

Peace!

Enigma_87

You know who
Huh? Alrighty, I don't mind stepping down on my end if that honest-to-God communication gaffe was supposed to be a big, evil ploy — and tantamount to “always cheating”. Infact, y'know what? I've completely lost my appetite for drafts, so there you go. Apologies, @Raees — though I'm sure someone more suitable will be able to fill-in as an AM for reinforcements and the final (one of the semi-finalists, perhaps). Good luck, @Enigma_87 and @The Red Viper; and cheers for modding the game, as usual, @Edgar Allan Pillow.

Peace!

No need for that mate. Literally - absolutely no harm done and more of a misunderstanding rather than some evil ploy, don't worry about that.

Don't step down, I'd much rather have the discussion with your presence in the final, as I value your input rather than have you sidelined for this.

Pretty sure Sjor was joking so don't take it the wrong way :)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Guys going to have to delay this bidding stuff until Invi is sorted out. Am about to catch a train and will be out of action till 9pm GMT at the earliest.

Deleted member 101472

Honestly the two of you always find a way to delay something. Lolzy

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Guys going to have to delay this bidding stuff until Invi is sorted out. Am about to catch a train and will be out of action till 9pm GMT at the earliest.
Mate, this has been slow going for various reasons. Invictus aside, you really need to carry on.

@Invictus you are not playing Sjor. If you have problems just put him on ignore and move on. Draft is so much more than any one poster and there still are others both you and Sjor will be happy interacting with... if not each other.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Mate, this has been slow going for various reasons. Invictus aside, you really need to carry on.

@Invictus you are not playing Sjor. If you have problems just put him on ignore and move on. Draft is so much more than any one poster and there still are others both you and Sjor will be happy interacting with... if not each other.
Okay well at least let me get on the train.. the train is at 6.30pm GMT, I won't have signal on the tube on the way to Euston.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Peace!
Don't quit mate you've made a great team so far with Raees, I'm sure Sjor was only joking. And you've clarified what actually happened so no harm done.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Okay well at least let me get on the train.. the train is at 6.30pm GMT, I won't have signal on the tube on the way to Euston.
Instead of wasting her time on Russia and the EU, Teresa May really should be sorting out the Tube signal?

I'm down there next week, so she's got four days to sort it or I vote for Jeremy Corb...... actually, scratch that.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Thought we were waiting for a delay. Pretty obviously we were going to bid for Rivaldo.
Well Raees wanted to extend till 9pm which I refused since the progress has been slow for real life reasons already. He agreed to start at 6:30. All discussions were in this thread itself. In fact nobody started bidding at 6:30 iirc. I had to tag you all and Raees bid at 7:15 or something...

Enigma_87

You know who
Well Raees wanted to extend till 9pm which I refused since the progress has been slow for real life reasons already. He agreed to start at 6:30. All discussions were in this thread itself. In fact nobody started bidding at 6:30 iirc. I had to tag you all and Raees bid at 7:15 or something...
Except none of us with TRV we’re notified when the 6:30 was agreed or neither posted in the thread after 5pm which was the 2nd deadline today.

The first alert I received was with the bidding already on.

We will adjust I guess as we have a lot of options but for next drafts maybe you should have both parties agreeing on time that is extended 3 times today - since neither from our side knew till the bidding really opened.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Except none of us with TRV we’re notified when the 6:30 was agreed or neither posted in the thread after 5pm which was the 2nd deadline today.

The first alert I received was with the bidding already on.

We will adjust I guess as we have a lot of options but for next drafts maybe you should have both parties agreeing on time that is extended 3 times today - since neither from our side knew till the bidding really opened.
Fair point. I just assumed that you'd be following this thread without needing additional tags. Will remember to tag next time.