g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Australia Tour of South Africa 2018/Ball tampering

Traub

None of the Aussie team has stepped out of line since the Durban stairwell incident.
See KM’s post. It’s blatant cheating. However, it is a player from one of the three golden teams, so it’ll be interesting to see if anything happens.

Kazi

I think it’s unfair that just the player gets banned. Tampering with the ball will probably be assigned to the least important batsman in the side - and who really is going to say no to doing it if the orders are coming from the top?

prateik

Didn't Sachin get suspended for cleaning the seam? Using sandpaper is worse than the bottle caps from the 90s

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm hoping Bancroft will just be fined a % of his match fee. He's in trouble that much we know.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
I think it’s unfair that just the player gets banned. Tampering with the ball will probably be assigned to the least important batsman in the side - and who really is going to say no to doing it if the orders are coming from the top?
Agreed. The captain and may be the coach too have to be in on it. No way does a foreign object get brought on to the ground without them knowing about it.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Cloud7

Why does a team this talented need to stoop to these levels?

Smith looking to the stands for the DRS, Bancroft and the sandpaper.

You genuinely have some of the best players in the world. Why is this necessary?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If Bancroft is banned, i expect Shaun Marsh to open the batting in Johannesburg with Peter Handscomb coming into the team to bat in the middle order. Bancroft will cop a barrage of criticism and flak but Steve Smith and Darren Lehmann deserve a fair share of the blame too.

Skills

Snitch
Should be a 1 match ban for Smith and 2 match ban for Bancroft.

KM

Unless I've missed something, a walkie talkie is hardly definitive proof of Lehmann's involvement. Not disagreeing with you, he's unquestionably in on it, but if that's all they've got on Lehmann, he has plausible deniability.
Yeah of course he has deniability and I do think he's not going to be punished but the circumstantial evidence is against him. Not strong enough for an ICC charge.

Hitchez

If Bancroft is banned, i expect Shaun Marsh to open the batting in Johannesburg with Peter Handscomb coming into the team to bat in the middle order. Bancroft will cop a barrage of criticism and flak but Steve Smith and Darren Lehmann deserve a fair share of the blame too.
Whatever happened to Renshaw? Handscomb just looks a less talented shittier (significantly so) version of Steve Smith. Renshaw looked really talented.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Whatever happened to Renshaw? Handscomb just looks a less talented shittier (significantly so) version of Steve Smith. Renshaw looked really talented.
Renshaw has found form in shield cricket this summer. However, the Sheffield Shield final is on right now and will finish Tuesday. The 4th test starts on Friday so he won't be on his way to South Africa in the event that Bancroft is suspended.

paulscholes18

Not likes is a bad thing for Australia if Bancroft is banned, not like he has be pulling up any trees since coming into the test team, which might be a reason why he was given the job

prateik

We all know the right way to do it is stick the sandpaper inside the pocket, paint it white, wear the fabric down a bit and rub the ball on that area..

These Aussies cant even cheat properly

KM

Aussies didn't turn out for their press conference :lol:

KM

Why no names? Happy to throw a player who's just starting his career under the bus but looking to defend the more experienced players. fecking pathetic.

Varun

Staff
Surely Smith will get a ban too given he admits to being involved?

KM

Time to revisit the "brain fade" thingy too?

kps88

It's such a stupid thing to try with so many cameras around.

KM

It's such a stupid thing to try with so many cameras around.
I wonder how many times have they done it in Australia where the broadcaster favours the home team and doesn't show this kind of stuff.