Film Avatar: The Way of Water

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Official trailer has landed today....

Looking forward to this. Haters can just feck off.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Looks like Jake Sully and Neytiri have adopted a human child and raised him as a Na'vi.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I don't really have an opinion but does Avatar still have a strong fanbase? I remember meeting one kid at uni who was obsessed.
Avatar will be just fine. It'll be in the record books for sure.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Would take a cyanide pill over seeing this

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't really have an opinion but does Avatar still have a strong fanbase? I remember meeting one kid at uni who was obsessed.
I also need to know the answer to this. I quite liked the first one and recently watched it again with my son. He loved it and is quite hyped about the new one. Have I unknowingly made him part of a long running family of weirdo Avatar obsessives?

Simbo

First film was entertaining enough, gets too much hate!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Some of the worst exposition in film history is in AVATAR. God, its was eye-rolling.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
First film was terrible. This will likely be just as forgettable.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Would AVATAR be competing against any MARVEL film ?
Battle of the box-office dumb.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I remember being blown away by the Sfx and 3d of the first film in the cinema, to the point where I couldn’t believe how shite a film it actually was when I saw it in telly a while after.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I remember being blown away by the Sfx and 3d of the first film in the cinema, to the point where I couldn’t believe how shite a film it actually was when I saw it in telly a while after.
Similar for me. When I rewatched it a week ago it was a million times shitter than I remembered. Still ok though. As a kids movie.

AaronRedDevil

Looking forward for this for a long time. Surprised it's actually coming out this year.

Lecland07

The only thing I remember about Avatar is that weird scene where the blue guy has an orgasmic look after sticking his ponytail in the horse.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Feel bad for OP. He made this thread in earnest and probably didn't expect the caf's resident film nerds to descend in here like vultures circling an ailing zebra.

Which incidentally is a thing I'd rather watch than this movie.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
That's all that matters when making a film.
I was primarily responding to the question about interest in the movie. I was just making the point that there was still plenty of interest in the franchise. If loads of people go to see it, then of course it will makes loads of money and get in the record books...that's a simple fact.

I'm sure Marvel don't invest in all their movies just for the fun of it.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Feel bad for OP. He made this thread in earnest and probably didn't expect the caf's resident film nerds to descend in here like vultures circling an ailing zebra.

Which incidentally is a thing I'd rather watch than this movie.
I fully expected it if you note my original post and I really couldn't give a flying feck if people hate on it. All they have to do is just stay away when it is released. Cameron isn't going to stop production just because a few people have agendas against his movies. I'm sure he'll get by.